MAC Iridescent Powder - Golden Bronze

4.6

on 2/18/2011 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Oh this is so freaking gorgeous for WOC. I'm NC44 and this looks absolutely magical on my skin. I use this all over my face (right after I powder) for a radiant glow. By far I get the most complements when wearing this...My friends tell me I look like Cleopatra when I use this. A little goes a LONG way with this stuff so be careful or you will end up looking like a copper version of the Tin-Man. This is another product that lasts forever, I've probably had mine for two years and I have so much left. I usually don't wear this in the winter but it's gorgeous in New Jersey today (69 and Sunny in Feb?!?!?!?!?!) and I felt like I wanted to be bronzey. This reflects light beautifully especially in the summer! I do try to avoid dusting this on my T-zone. A little is OK since I never get oily anyway. Overall I love this and will completely restock when I run out :)

on 3/10/2007 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I tried this powder during a MAC seminar at the Beverly Center Mall. They gave this color to the girls with warm undertones and the silver to the girls with cool. I put it on after I applied my bronzer and loved this stuff. I got a lot oc compliments about my cheeks and I knew it was the bronzer/iridescent powder combination.

I managed to get the old 30 gram jar of this stuff and I love it. My only complaint is that they don't sell it in containers the size of a kiddie pools so I can roll around in it. haha I just like it that much. Its a great highlighter but it also has a certain amount of color to it. Not too much though, as you can still wear it over other blushes as well

on 7/31/2010 6:48:00 PM

I LOVE this product! This is one of my favorite products that I own, it is soooo pretty and gives your face such a nice glow! I was looking for a pretty bronze highlighter and I did a lot of research and came across this awesome product!!
I knew before I tried it that I was going to love it because when I swatched it, it was perfect!! I use this on my cheekbones for a pretty highlight or I wear this over Mac Gingerly for a bronzey glow on my cheeks.
The girl at Mac who rang me up was so sweet and said I was making a great purchase and gave me a tip, to mix a *tiny* amount of this to your foundation and it gives your face a nice glow. I haven't tried this yet but I will soon. I think that look would be perfect for the summer!
For reference, I am an NC40.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

*PIC* I really like this Bronzer. It gives you such a lovely glow. Yes, you have to be rather careful in applying this, I also use a fat brush, dip it in lightly, blow off excess and apply. I use this bronzer when i want a more sweeter look, and when i already have a tanned face (well, with the illusion of make-up seeing i never ever allow my face to tan and my body gets really dark in summer) I wouldn't recommend wearing this in the daytime, as it can be rather sparkly/glowy, but in the evening/night, it looks gorgeous! I use this to highlight and compliment my make-up for a glowy look, i love the fact that this does not leave you looking dirty or sweaty. The colour is fabulous, sweet light bronzey with golden particles. This is also awesome as an e/shadow. I find I really reach for this product.

continued >>

on 10/17/2013 5:58:00 PM

Love, love, LOVE this! It's an incredibly silky micro shimmery loose powder I recently tried at the MAC counter at the SA's recommendation, even though I wasn't even looking for a loose bronzing highlighting powder. I have all the Bobbi shimmer bricks and NARS highlighting multiples as well as tons of shimmery bronzer compacts. This is a pale golden bronze (hence the name)powder that looks amazing as a highlighter. I wouldn't recommend it for all over use by day but by night I'm sure you could lightly use it all over as a finishing powder. I'm sure it can be diluted down by adding your usual non-shimmer finishing powder to it and then be suitable for day wear. I use this on the tops of my cheekbones when I'm wearing a bronzey golden look. It really complements any bronzed look and I can see this looking incredible all over the lid for a sheer wash or as a base with contour etc.
You get a ton of product for the price but the container doesn't lend itself to travel unless you pour some into a smaller container for your bag. I apply is with the MAC 138 which is a large contoured face brush that I also love especially since there are no others like it IMO.
I can also see this making an amazing golden lip if you mixed it with clear gloss.
Next time you're at MAC, definitely give this a try.

on 6/2/2009 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This product is the bizness! I have yet to use it as a actual bronzer or highlighter for my face but i love this to death when i put it on my collar bone, btwn my chest, and on my legs and arms so beautiful, gives skin this gorgeous bronzy glow. What i don't understand is how i made it thru my life without it for so long, i also add hawaiian tropic sun tanning oil first then let that sink in and apply this on top and i look like i go on vacation all day every day. When i go to the beach, i think i will use this for my cheeks as i like the golden bunny look for that type of thing, other than that i'll stick with this for my skin and ambering rose blush which i loooove to the upmost for my glowy cheeks.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

a finely milled, warm bronze powder. this was my very first MAC purchase a few years ago and i find myself going back to this product for various things. this can be used by mixing it into lotion, then applied to body to give it a beautiful warm summer glow, or as a blush, eyeshadow, and can even be mixed with clear gloss. it gives skin just the right amount of glow and sheen. this would look wonderful on any skin tone, in my opinion, as the color is not to over the top (unless applied otherwise).

on 7/6/2013 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This product has to be one of the best kept secrets Mac has. This product should be way more popular than it is. I love this highlighter, I have plenty of highlighters but I always go back to this one, it very pigmented and a little goes a long way, I have had this for almost two years mind you guys it also spilled and one point and I still have enough for two more years and its only $22 which is a reasonable price for the amount of product you get. Every time I wear this I get compliments and people asking me what it is and where I get it from, I wear this on the high points of my cheeks, bridge of my nose, chin, and middle of the forehead.

Granted this maybe to much for some people but I LOVE a good highlight its never to much for me but you can be light handed with this or a little more intense as kinds of like to wear it is beautiful.

For a party recently I mixed it with my lotion and got a STUNNING glow. I use it as an eyeshadow sometimes or I put in the inner corners of my eyes. For the women who are a little deeper in skin tone this is the highlighter for you. I am a NW43/NC45.

on 9/16/2009 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This stuff is AMAZING! I am crushing on this big time right now. It adds such lovely peach bronze color to skin with a really pretty iridescent shimmer. It's not glitter chunks but a really fine multi faceted shimmer. It really defines bone structure and highlights your cheekbones. It would work well as a brow highlight as well. I think this should be a staple for everyone who wants a bronze glow. I use it in place of blush or as a highlighter. I use the MAC 129 brush to apply this loose powder and I get the best application. I love this and I will always repurchase! Highly recommended.

I bought this on my trip to Vegas at the MAC Pro store at the Forumns. The MA had a nice golden bronzed look to her face and I asked her what she was using and this was it. She applied it on me, and OMG I am lovin it!!! I am NC30 and this just makes my face look alive and warm. I don't really like the sifter and jar packaging as I would rather it be in a compact, but previously using BE I think I could handle it. I take my MAC 129SE brush and swirl tap and buff ( I know bad habits are hard to break), and dust this on my temples, cheekbone, bridge nose, and chin, and down my neck...absoultely stunning. I wear it in the day and it looks totally natural...just don't use it over MAC Hyper Real foundation, you'll look too sparkly (learned hard way). I do use MAC SFF and it works just fine. Highly recommended.