MAC Iridescent Powder - Golden Bronze

No Image

4.6

on 9/7/2002 12:16:00 AM

The way loose powder is packaged throughout the entire cosmetic industry puzzles me. Everytime, I twist open the cap only to find half of the contents on top of the sifter.
However, aside from the over abundance of product spilling on me, I use this product everyday. I use it in the summer to enhnace my tan, and in the winter to fake it.
Keep in mind, if you are a "PPP" (Pale Porcelain Princess), this could be too pigmented for you.
All the other sun bathers, try mixing it with baby oil and smoothing it on shoulders, chest, legs, etc.
This is a fabulous shimmery, bronzing powder that lasts and looks amazing.

on 9/7/2002 7:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Love this stuff!!!I bought it in the spring and have barely made a dent in it. I use it with my self tanner to get a natural bronzy golden glow. It seems to have a sheen that actually evens out my skin as well. I, also, dust it on my legs, arms feet etc to darken and even out self tanner flaws and fading. It has some subtle glitter in it but I really didn't even notice it until recently. As the bronzer queen I now crown this and UD Baked Bronzer as my new faves.

on 9/13/2002 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

A sparkly bronzer for allover but I prefer this on my body because I find this too sparkly for the face. Nice size container at a reasonable price.

Beautiful sexy sheer glimmer/shimmer similar to Silver Dusk. It doesn't look "natural" but it looks "right", glowing, when dusted on your body. Very glam on your face. Warm golden color with tanned undertones. It looks wonderful even on pale skin. Adheres pretty well all by itself. Very easy to apply.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

a finely milled, warm bronze powder. this was my very first MAC purchase a few years ago and i find myself going back to this product for various things. this can be used by mixing it into lotion, then applied to body to give it a beautiful warm summer glow, or as a blush, eyeshadow, and can even be mixed with clear gloss. it gives skin just the right amount of glow and sheen. this would look wonderful on any skin tone, in my opinion, as the color is not to over the top (unless applied otherwise).

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

This is a great shimmery powder. It is truly golden and looks wonderful at night. Since my skin is naturally tan, I use it to highlight but I think it would also work great as a bronzer. It retails for about $18 and lasts forever. A little bit goes a long way with this, if you put too much it can get too shimmery. If I were to lose this I would buy this again.
**Edit**
Just found the perfect brush to apply this.. the Lancome fiber optic.. it picks up just the right amount, absolutely perfect.. they also have a Flirt version of the brush which is supposed to be just as great..

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I RECENTLY DISCOVER THIS AND THINK ITS AMAZING. IT FEELS GREAT AND HAS GIVEN MY FACE THE GLOW I WAS LOOKING FOR. I WOULD REPURCHASE AND I SUGGEST YOU DO TO.

on 12/20/2003 12:13:00 AM

This is a very nice product... you get a huge amount for the price and it serves a lot of purposes (makes a gorgeous eyeshadow). As much as I like it, I had to dock one lipstick from its score because it can be a little over-the-top... the color is nice and warm, but the pigmentation is so strong that this is something that you have to dilute with other powders to use on your face. Still, the texture is great... really enjoy it.

Very shimmery so apply lightly!! The price is 18.50 for a huge jar! Though i know that MAC has reduced the jar size on the silver dusk by more then half!! So you better hurry to buy the big jar before they run out. I use it over my bronzer for a bit of a glow.

on 6/12/2004 8:22:00 PM

This gets a general eh from me. It's OK.

When I dust this powder dry over my GGG skin, I just shine. There's nothing subtle, sexy or glamorous about it. When I dust it on my cheekbones, it emphasizes my pores -- not a look I'm going for. It's OK on my brow bone.

It's a different story when I mix it in my moisturizer. I pump moisturizer into my palm, then tap a bit of the powder into the cream, mix and apply. It leaves my skin with a nice, healthy glow. It's pretty good during the day, but it's especially nice for night time.

I'd recommend getting sample, which will last, rather than getting the full-sized container. continued >>