MAC Cosmetics Iridescent Powder - Golden Bronze

Filtered by age: 19-24
No Image

4.6

on 9/7/2002 12:16:00 AM

The way loose powder is packaged throughout the entire cosmetic industry puzzles me. Everytime, I twist open the cap only to find half of the contents on top of the sifter.
However, aside from the over abundance of product spilling on me, I use this product everyday. I use it in the summer to enhnace my tan, and in the winter to fake it.
Keep in mind, if you are a "PPP" (Pale Porcelain Princess), this could be too pigmented for you.
All the other sun bathers, try mixing it with baby oil and smoothing it on shoulders, chest, legs, etc.
This is a fabulous shimmery, bronzing powder that lasts and looks amazing.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

a finely milled, warm bronze powder. this was my very first MAC purchase a few years ago and i find myself going back to this product for various things. this can be used by mixing it into lotion, then applied to body to give it a beautiful warm summer glow, or as a blush, eyeshadow, and can even be mixed with clear gloss. it gives skin just the right amount of glow and sheen. this would look wonderful on any skin tone, in my opinion, as the color is not to over the top (unless applied otherwise).

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I RECENTLY DISCOVER THIS AND THINK ITS AMAZING. IT FEELS GREAT AND HAS GIVEN MY FACE THE GLOW I WAS LOOKING FOR. I WOULD REPURCHASE AND I SUGGEST YOU DO TO.

on 12/20/2003 12:13:00 AM

This is a very nice product... you get a huge amount for the price and it serves a lot of purposes (makes a gorgeous eyeshadow). As much as I like it, I had to dock one lipstick from its score because it can be a little over-the-top... the color is nice and warm, but the pigmentation is so strong that this is something that you have to dilute with other powders to use on your face. Still, the texture is great... really enjoy it.

Very shimmery so apply lightly!! The price is 18.50 for a huge jar! Though i know that MAC has reduced the jar size on the silver dusk by more then half!! So you better hurry to buy the big jar before they run out. I use it over my bronzer for a bit of a glow.

on 6/12/2004 8:22:00 PM

This gets a general eh from me. It's OK.

When I dust this powder dry over my GGG skin, I just shine. There's nothing subtle, sexy or glamorous about it. When I dust it on my cheekbones, it emphasizes my pores -- not a look I'm going for. It's OK on my brow bone.

It's a different story when I mix it in my moisturizer. I pump moisturizer into my palm, then tap a bit of the powder into the cream, mix and apply. It leaves my skin with a nice, healthy glow. It's pretty good during the day, but it's especially nice for night time.

I'd recommend getting sample, which will last, rather than getting the full-sized container. continued >>

on 6/28/2004 1:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This has the same refined texture of Silver Dusk. Golden Bronze describes the color perfectly- it's a light golden bronze that adds just a hint of warmth to the face. I don't recommend it as a bronzer because it's very shimmery and pigmented (it will make you look like a disco ball). A beautiful color and is a must have!

on 6/9/2005 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I'm generally not too fond of loose powders, especially not for my face because I feel that they make a mess. This product is an exception. It works well with my GGG skin and I can see myself using it during the day (only for summer) and night. At night time I think I will apply this to my body too because its very flattering and the shimmer is not too OTT on my tan skin. On my face I apply it sparingly but it gives me a glow. I would recommend it to GGG/CCC girls.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love love this powder! it can be used in a lot of ways! :) you can use it as a loose eyeshadow, as a shimmery highlighter/bronzer or mixed with baby oil or body lotion and applied to your body for a subltle sunkissed glow.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love this! It comes in a big 12g/0.42oz pot. I hate glittery products where you can feel and see the sparkly/shimmery bits, so this is perfect because the iridescent powder is just that - powder. It gives a sun-kissed glow on your face and can also be used on decollatage, legs etc. Definitely repurchase when it runs out. Still have more than half to go yet, lol.