MAC Cosmetics Iridescent Powder - Golden Bronze

No Image

4.4

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

This is a great shimmery powder. It is truly golden and looks wonderful at night. Since my skin is naturally tan, I use it to highlight but I think it would also work great as a bronzer. It retails for about $18 and lasts forever. A little bit goes a long way with this, if you put too much it can get too shimmery. If I were to lose this I would buy this again.
**Edit**
Just found the perfect brush to apply this.. the Lancome fiber optic.. it picks up just the right amount, absolutely perfect.. they also have a Flirt version of the brush which is supposed to be just as great..

So far I'm impressed. I use this as a bronze/blush on my cheeks, and it looks nice. I'm not tanned enough to use it all over, as it is a tad strong. I'm looking forward to trying it mixed in with a moisturizer, for a sparkly effect. Otherwise, this is quite similar to Clinique's discontinued 'Glow Crazy'. Very highly pigmented, and as other users have said, to lighten up the color you might need to mix it with a lighter loose powder. I might try adding this to my every day loose powder for a bit of a subtle summery shimmer. *Update* As a powder, it needs to be used very lightly especially on the cheeks. Can be overdone easily, with overwhelming shimmer.

on 2/19/2006 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Description: (Golden brown with golden bronze shimmer) This comes in a large tub with a sifter and is very finely milled.

Good? I loooove this color as an eyeshadow! It is gorgeous! A golden bronze color with multicolored iridescence, very finely milled (much moreso than MAC pigments), easy to blend, just really, really pretty! A perfect shimmery natural color that brightens up the face. I can see it adding a nice glow if you mix a little into foundation, and I could also see it adding a gorgeous gold tint to lips! I actually think this product would be best as a pigment instead of a loose powder. As a body powder it would probably work, and, for photography, or for more dramatic effects this would be a nice face powder.

Bad? So much of the product comes to the top of the sifter and won't sift back down! How annoying! Also as a face powder I find it way too shimmery for a normal day look, as a blush, bronzer, or even a highlight, unless maybe I apply it so that the brush barely barely touches my face. Like I said before probably best for more dramatic effects if used on face. continued >>

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Great as a highlight for tan skintones!!!!!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This powder is gorgeous. It's a peachy bronze with a ton of gold shimmer. And when I say a ton I mean the shimmer is very, very concentrated. If you use too much you will end up looking like C-3PO (this can be avoided.) Use a light hand with this you will be left with a gorgeous sunkissed glow.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is a really pretty highlight for tan skin. I sometimes use this as eyeshadow, but it's usually used on my cheeks, forehead and the bridge of my nose for a glowy effect. The only thing about this is you only need a little bit, because if you use to much you might end up looking like a golden disco ball.

on 6/30/2011 5:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This would definitely have been one of the best investments I've made had I bought the full size product. This is packed with pigmentation and boasts a beautiful, radiant glow once applied to the face! As I have dry skin, applying powder to my skin increases the chance of obvious dry patches, so I have to be very careful when applying! As I only have a sample of this and was unsure if I should purchase the full size product, I can't speak much on the packaging, but it's good because it has sifter holes so you pick up less product. As previously stated the pigmentation is intense so maybe applying less is more... this is definitely one of my future purchases from MAC!