Image Total Skin Bleaching Serum

No Image

on 1/19/2017 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I'm on my 2nd bottle of this stuff. IT WORKS. This product was recommended to me by an esthetician after she performed a microdermabrasion treatment on my skin. I was scared to buy it because it's called "bleaching serum" and bleach just sounds like a scary term to me when it comes to skincare lol. As I've gotten older, any pimple or blemish I have turns into a red or dark spot on my face and it will stay there for months. SO annoying. I used to be able to pop a pimple and the next day it would be flat and then completely gone with no marks :(. She recommended this bleaching serum to lighten up all the spots and to get my skin tone even all over. Image also has a lightening serum which isn't as strong as this one, and she told me not to bother with it because the bleaching serum works better and a lot faster. So, if you're thinking about purchasing the lightening or bleaching serum, go with the bleaching serum.
My skin has been pretty clear for a few months now, so this serum was just hanging out in the back of my bathroom counter not really getting used. Unfortunately, I had a little breakout a few weeks ago and had some red marks on my cheeks, chin, and forehead. I remembered I had this serum and within a week all of the spots are gone and my skin is so much brighter. I highly recommend this for anyone struggling with hyper pigmentation.

on 12/3/2013 11:11:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This. Is. Everything. I first got this from my esthetician after a bunch of microdermabrasions and a lactic-kojic peel (the latter also with Image products) - I had had mild-to-moderate melasma from years on the birth control pill. Not only did the Image bleaching serum continue to fade my melasma*, but now that I'm on my second round (I do three months on, then three months off) it's actually fading this ugly solar lentigo I got at the tender age of 27. I have to point out the areas where my melasma used to be to doctors *twice* before they see where there *might* still be a hint of discoloration! Hee!

My skin is officially better than it was when I was 25. I don't know what else I could say that could be better than that!

*Note - I am pretty retentive about wearing a hat in any amount of sun, and wearing SPF moisturizer and sunblock. I don't know what the results would be if I tried to go out without sun protection, and I don't want to know.

on 11/15/2010 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I was bamboozled by the esthetician into purchasing this after my light chemical peel for hyperpigmentation and I am so happy I did! This is my first serum and it is so lightweight. You apply it to your skin and it absorbs so quickly, you feel like you didn't put anything on your skin! The ingredients are hydroquinone, retinol, kojic acid, hyaluronic acid, vitamins e and c, licorice, and glabra root extract. In other words, a skin lightening dynamite. I've only used this for about 3 days, but the lightweight feeling plus the active ingredients makes this $31 US worth it. Will update later on how effective it's been.

UPDATE: After cleansing, this is my 1st topical application. Next, 5 minutes later, I apply Image Clear Cell medicated acne lotion. The bleaching serum keeps the spots away. And, the medicated acne lotion prevents breakouts. I alternate every other day with the acne.org line. I look like I do not have acne. My boyfriend is always touching my face. Let me tell you, I've come a long way in the skin department.