bareMinerals Free to be naturally adventurous

No Image

4.5

on 6/22/2013 9:44:00 PM

I got this on eBay since its not available anymore elsewhere. I like BE kits because for someone that is not an expert combining eyeshadows and blush, these kits really make my life easier. The free to be naturally adventurous is a very nice one. I thought that since I'm olive skin the colors would be very light for. Surprisingly, I was very please with the colors! The lightest eyeshadow is more a golden peach without being all glittery. The cleopatra shadow it's a nice shimmery hazelnut color. And the blue eyeshadow is a medium teal color. I use them as it is recommended in the package and it gives me a very natural look. The problem is the blush, it doesn't show much on my skin tone. I'm sure for a fair skin person this color would look really pretty. The lip gloss that comes in this kit is a pale pink with some iridescence. On me, it looks like a nude color. However, the brush that comes with it is not one of my favorite because the gloss itself is very thick so the application is difficult. Also, this gloss has a smell of a glazed donut which after some minutes really turns unpleasant. I would rather prefer to do have any taste or smell in my lip gloss but that is a personal preference. The clutch that comes with the kit is very cute but to be honest I would've preferred to get a brush instead. Overall, I think that this kit truly suits everybody, all skin colors, and will give you a nice and classy look. I would buy again if it were available in the future.

on 11/15/2010 5:20:00 PM

If I have to choose one favorite make-up company it would be without a doubt BE. I got on BE bandwagon 4 years ago and since then bought numerous products. So far, I havenít been disappointed in anything they sell.
I bought almost all the kits they put out to date so not sure how I missed on this great kit but I didnít purchase it until recently from Sephora. Its only available online but I was sure I would like it so I ordered it unseen.
Sephoraís descriptions are often unaccurate so here is what this kit includes:
Blush(described as ďfair peachĒ, Iíd say its peachy pink, wearable for cool and warm skintone)
3 eyeshadows-Exquisite(described as medium beige but IMO, its light golden color with shimmer), Dare(described as aqua teal and yes, it is a medium teal color with very subtle shimmer), and Cleopatra(described as deep hazelnut, or dark golden brown with shimmer).
It also includes a 100% Natural lipgloss in Sugar Cookie(which is described as pink peach but its anything but that. It actually looks peachy in the pic online but its really a nude gloss with pink undertones, definitely not peachy pink). You also get a teal color clutch bag(not sure if its supposed to be a makeup bag but I was using it as such.
This is a really great kit that is sutable for both cool and warm complexions. Iím cool PPP and was able successfully wear it-lot of times I use teal shade on the lid and hazelnut one of the crease. Or you can also do what the company suggests and use teal as a liner. Iím not a huge fan of 100% Natural glosses because they go on thick and uneven but I like this color a lot. This particular color is too pale on its own to suit me(although I think it would look spectacular with smoky eye or if you are olive skinned) so Iíve worn it over peachy pink lippies and its very pretty. Overall, Iím quite happy with this kit and gotten lot of wear out of it alrea