Caudalie Vinosource Quenching Sorbet Creme

Caudalie Vinosource Quenching Sorbet Creme
Vinosource Quenching Sorbet Creme

3.9

Aqua (Water), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Water*, Dicaprylyl Ether*, Glycerin*, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Extract*, Hexyldecanol*, Hexyldecyl Laurate*, Behenyl Alcohol*, Glyceryl Stearate*, Erythritol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Parfum (Fragrance), Tocopherol*, Lecithin*, Caprylyl Glycol, Mannitol*, Sodium Benzoate, Xanthan Gum, Palmitoyl Grape Seed Extract*, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Juice*, Sodium Hydroxide, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterols*, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Citrate, Citric Acid, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract*, Sodium Carboxymethyl Betaglucan, Sodium Phytate*, Potassium Sorbate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Sodium Hyaluronate, Homarine Hcl, Glyceryl Caprylate*, Acetyl Tetrapeptide-15. *Plant Origin.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This doesn't contain any active ingredients making it a super basic moisturizer and beneficial if one is looking to layer it with other skincare products. There is a fragrance but it dissipates soon after application upon the skin. A pea size amount covers my face quite nicely and doesn't leave behind a funny film....absorbs quickly into the skin. Definitely worthy of a repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I received a small delux sample of this in my November 2016 Sephora Play Box (ended up buying 4/5 things from the box I detest Sephora but I loved this month's box I got Sephora gel lipgloss, Laura mercier caviar stick Roségold; cover fx primer, didn't buy the glamglow well not yet & I bought this moisturizer well my dad got it & cover fx primer as an early xmas gift). I have very oily skin but it's getting colder weather so I needed a little more moisture than my standby Clinique dramatic diff gel. This is your better-than-basic moisturizer for its price it's really amazing & I had never tried caudalie but it doesn't break me out it sinks in pretty fast & is wonderful. I love it personally love the texture & scent $38 isn't too terrible but the most $$ skincare item i own not counting sample/GWP/PWP products. I'm just starting on higher end skincare. I know I don't blink buying a $37 [chanel] lipstick but $38 turns me off a masque or cleanser (?!!!) I need to start using up my GWP/PWP then I will invest in some good stuff! I have MAC & Clinique skincare I use most of the time just got some EL PWP to play with! :-)

on 11/17/2015 12:35:00 PM

For some reason when I use this product, makeup has a tendency to settle in fine lines and pores. This does not happen as much when I use other moisturizers. I am also not a big fan of the texture...it is a bit too watery or something. Took a break from this product and tried something else for awhile that worked well. When I came back to this because I wanted to use it up, I started breaking out.

on 6/5/2015 1:33:00 AM

This moisturizer is light and feels like mouse when applied also has a strong perfume fragrance. I have combination super sensitive acne prone skin. This was horrible after using it for a couple of days my face started to breakout and have red patches. This is not hydrating enough yet made my face more oily. Underneath still dry surface super oily. This is supposed to be for sensitive skin its not it contains added parfum fragrance, alcohols, chemical and food base preservatives and chemical skin conditioning agents. Sodium Benzoate which is a carcinogen. Since this contains oils and food base ingredients that can go bad and separate their are alot of alcohol to prevent the ingredient from separating and clumping up but then it causes it to become to runny so thickener are added like xanthan gum. Xanthan gum is a food base thickener used in a lot of gluten free baking. Also some ingredients don't mix with oil so emulsifiers are added. It's weird it has ingredients that are sugars. I don't recommend this brand it not as natural as they describe and claim to be.

on 2/28/2015 11:07:00 AM

I completely adore this stuff. I wear it twice a day it lasts long and a little goes a long way. I've been using it well over four months. And my ski. Has never felt so moisturized. It doesn't make me extra oily or anything. Love love love.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Claims: Soothes, moisturizes, and reduces redness on sensitive skin.

Pros:
- moisturizing on combo skin
- can be used as night cream or under makeup with SPF
- plastic squeeze container makes it easier for travel (more hygienic too)
- light scent; almost unscented

Cons:
- skin does not have oily sheen
- skin felt slightly tacky but not too bad to be a dealbreaker
- cream is not smooth; has lumps that melt once you apply to skin (makes me think the product has expired)
- no spf (dealbreaker for me as I don't wear foundation)
- squeeze container makes it difficult to tell how much product is left

I don't have redness or sensitive skin so I cannot attest to the product claims. I used this only at night on top of Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum Complexion Correcting. Won't repurchase as I need spf with my moisturizer and something with anti-aging. If you have sensitive skin and are not looking for spf, then try this. Rating is how well product performs to its claims.

(1=bad, 2=disappointing, 3=good but may find comparable others, 4=good but not holy grail, 5=one of the best or possibly irreplaceable)

on 12/3/2014 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I received a sample of this cream (creme?) and decided to try it on on my dry, sensitive skin. OW. I really wish I hadn't. First off, this stuff is heavily fragranced. I am not a fan of putting anything with a strong scent on my face, and the smell of this (while not unpleasant) lingered for a long time after I put it on. The texture was nice and light so I was dubious if it would be very moisturizing for me, but I didn't get to really test that because about 30 seconds after I put it on my face started burning/stinging everywhere I had put the lotion. Really bummed.

on 9/26/2014 5:00:00 AM

I used this light, but really hydrating moisturizer in the summer, and I really liked it - it´s not too light or even mattifying, it just gives my skin the perfect shot of moisture without leaving any residue. Due to the fact that it´s made by Caudalie, I guess it´s also a decent source of antioxidants. It didn´t do any miracles concerning fine lines or taming redness, so it´s not an absolute must-have for me, but maybe I´ll get it again next summer. In winter it won´t be enough for my thirsty skin.

on 2/4/2014 2:12:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This cream comes in a tube containing 40 mL. The texture of it it's kind of like a fluffy ricotta cheese that blends easily into the skin. I have normal to combination skin, prone to breakouts, but I haven't had any issues in that area.

On the other hand, if you take a look at Caudalie (in general), you'll see in the ingredient list that they are a big fan of fragrance. However, fragrance doesn't do anything good for your skin and you should be using the least of it (if possible, none), especially if you have sensitve skin. This product has a very strong scent, the first time I strongly disliked it, now I can tolerate it but still...

Overall, I think Caudalie is an overhyped brand, and this product is nothing special. Won't repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

One of my favourite moisturizers. The name "sorbet" makes a lot of sense once you try it as it has a lovely light, fluffy texture that melts away into you skin when you put it on. It has that lovely mild scent that the whole vinosource range seems to have - sorta grapy?

My skin is very redness prone and reactive, but this goes on very soothing and cooling, and instantly makes me feel less irritated. It definitelt helps reduce my redness, hydrates well enough to keep any dryness at bay (I have to mention though that I use it together with the s.o.s thirst quenching serum) and it hasn't broken me out once since I bought it.
In fact when I bought this I was going through the worst break-out of my life (worse than anything I'd had in my teens), and this together with the s.o.s thirst quenching serum was a complete skin saviour for me. I saw the difference after one week.

My only issue with this is that the price for me seems a little high, when you only get a smallish tube. It's a quality product though so that isn't likely to hold me back from getting again (although i might grit my teeth a little).