Bare Escentuals Flawless Definition Volumizing mascara

Bare Escentuals Flawless Definition Volumizing mascara
Sample size from Sephora Lashstash collectionSample size (view 2) from Sephora LashstashBE flawless definition brush - sample sized

3.9

Black: Water (Aqua), Beeswax (Cera Alba), Stearic Acid, Diisostearoyl Trimethylpropane Siloxy Silicate, Acrylates/Octylacrylamide Copolymer, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Silica, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Ozokerite, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Rhodochrosite Extract, Malachite Extract, Smithsonite Extract, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. ( /-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 8/9/2016 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I liked this mascara. Not HG caliber, but I will continue my quest.

It didn't flake, or run, or transfer.

The formula didn't smell bad, or make my eyes burn.

I got nice volume with multiple coats.

I would repurchase.

This is a pretty great mascara.
Pros:
Makes lashes look fluffy and feathery when applied correctly
Lengthens
Volumizes
Nice fat brush
Easy to remove with baby oil

Cons:
Smudges a bit, throughout the day, but is easily wiped off
Sometimes the brush gets mascara on your eyelid

To apply for volumization, get the wand all the way to the base of your lashes. Wiggle, then flick through the ends while blinking. It applies more to the base of your lashes so they stay curled and look amazing!

To Read all 92 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I did not like this at all. It did nothing for my lashes and made my eyes itch. After wearing it for many hours I would get a few flakes and after awhile it would look like I had nothing on my lashes.

I'm on my second tube of this. I think it's a relatively good mascara, although I will say that I liked my first tube better.

Pros:
-Big, fluffy bristle brush
-Gentle on eyes - mine are sensitive and this doesn't irritate
-Very black
-Gives good volume AND good length
-Holds a curl decently

Cons:
-Smudges a bit on my lower lashline, even when I don't apply it to my lower lashes
-Has kind of a strong smell - not a fragrance, just a strong chemical/mascara smell
-Dries out a little too quickly for my tastes

Overall, it's a nice, dependable mascara and I wouldn't be sorry to buy it again. However, there's nothing particularly special or amazing about it, so I'll probably move on to other mascaras when I run out this time.

I love this mascara, it reminds me of Too Faced Better than Sex with less clumps. I was looking to get a new mascara bc the BTS dried out so quickly. This doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes, I can build layers without my lashes clumping together, and it lasts all day without residue falling out. I've gotten a lot of compliments with it, it just makes your lashes long and thick and separated. Great product, glad my friend recommended!

on 6/3/2015 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

It gave me a lot of volume the first application and by application two it looked great. Brush was nice too. I hated the lash domination applicator. This irritated my sensitive eyes within 5 minutes and they started turning pink and burning. I didn't expect this reaction from Bare products, but it was way too harsh on my sensitive eyes. This is a total no go. Too bad, since I liked it better then Better Then Sex for volume.

This mascara is ok. I really don't find it to be anything that stands out and makes me want to never be without it. The packaging is very nice, I love the look of the bottle and I really like the wand, it separates my lashes just a little to much almost making them clumpy, which I am not the biggest fan of, its quite black almost a lacquer kinda look. And at $18 a bottle, I feel like I am more satisfied with some of my drug store mascaras.

I got this mascara through a kit and found it to be super flaky and clumps fall into my eyes and stick to my contacts and form a goo in my eyes. $18 and includes a possible eye infection, I'll pass

on 1/15/2014 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

One of the very few traditional wand mascaras I love. I really can't stand the traditional wand, lol. It always seems to clump on me and create spider lashes. My lashes take to the rubber wands so much better. Just a personal preference.

This is the exception though. This wand is high quality and does not make mine spidery or clump. Just gives good separation and definition. Some volume but mostly definition, which I like. I am not much into the volume since my lashes are average thickness.

Formula is not wet which is another plus for my lashes in particular, its between wet/dry. Reminds me of the formula for LashBlast from Covergirl. That formula works best for my own lashes. I have 3 colors in this one, and my favorite is the blue-black. Just a very dark navy, almost black that look great with an everyday look.

Pluses on this mascara are the chemical free formulas and quality brushes and formula.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

$18 mascara? What? When there are so many good drugstore ones? Yes, that's what I thought until I tried this. As a die-hard fan of the Dior Diorshow mascara, I didn't think anything would ever be able to live up to it. THIS DOES. They both have large brushes that do that perfect volumizing and separating thing that this promises. It doesn't flake, is really black, and is my absolute favorite mascara now hands down because of the price difference between it and the Dior one. I've already repurchased it, and will continue to treat myself to it until I find the drugstore one that is at least equal to it. Great mascara!