Kjaer Weis Lip Tint

4.5

on 10/7/2016 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hm, strange how different the reviews for these lip tints are. I got my first Kjaer Weis liptint about 4 weeks ago, in the shade "lover's choice".
First of, I do like the packaging, which means the actual silver packaging, which is really stylish, and also quite comfortable to use. I don't get the ravings about the red boxes so much, yes, it's solid and it looks quite like Cartier, but I didn't like it that much as it was quite hard to get the lip tint out of that red box.
The lip tint itself has the most beautiful red rose shade, which looks perfect with my very fair skin. I love that I can freely choose the intensity by using just one soft layer for a hint of rose red, or apply it full on which gives a really hollywood-like but totaly natural deep, lively red.
The pigmentation is really awesome I have to say. If I apply one layer it stays in place for about 10-12 hours even with drinking and eating.
It has no scent whatsoever, it just smells like natual oils.
it is creamy but I personally like to apply a layer of chapstick before so it lasts even longer on the lips.
So, in a nutshell, it really is very expensive but in the organic beauty section it defintely is the best I've tried so far and worth the money for me.
One negative thing for me though: with this price tag I actually expected a small lip pencil included, which it hasn't.
But still, I will repurchase this colour for sure if it runs out.

I have one shade and got it on sale. I would most likely not pay full price for this only because I don't wear lipstick much, I'm more of a lip tint (Ruby Juice) from Living Libations kind of woman. It's nice but nothing amazing. The shining star of Kjaer Weis is the foundation. It's their main product they make where the packaging and the product are a must for me. The heavy metal packaging for every single eye shadow, lip tin, cream blush, highlighter and bronzer is overwhelming, cluttered, unnecessary and ridiculous. I do use their foundation (a fav of mine) and their cream blush which I also am a fan of. As for the rest of it, I don't feel a need to purchase.

To Read all 12 Reviews, Login or Join

on 10/25/2015 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

What a waste of $50. The pigmentation on this product is a joke. In a moment of paranoia about toxins in my makeup, I ignored reason and bought this absurdly priced "tint" in the darkest color available, Goddess. Don't bother looking at pan swatches online -- this product is absurdly sheer and lacks pigment almost entirely. I'm olive skinned, Indian origin, with light pink lips. This lip tint registered as a sheer claret on my lips even after copious application. It was actually kind of offensive what little color payoff there was once applied compared to the rich pigmentation in the pan. It looked like a sheer red lip balm, no burgundy, no depth, no drama. I'd give this makeup to 13 yr old to experiment with. It is hardly a sumptuous burgundy lip color!

Also, the packaging is unnecessarily complicated and doesn't do the owner any favors. The top part of the case swings out of the way, and it would be easy for your finger to slip and land your nail in the pigment pan.

on 9/1/2014 3:02:00 PM

Oh so lovely.
I have these lip tints in Dream State (a flattering nude on me, not dead nude) and Goddess (a hint of cherry red/deep almost bordeaux - wine tint on me depending on application). The packaging, well I can say basically the same freakin things as I said in my review of the cream blush: GORG. Puts Dior/Chanel/Guerlain any HE brand to the shame. Super classy, super beaut jewelry like gem...
Not as long lasting as a mmm lets say a super matte blowjob proof lipstick, but hey it's completely natural and still lasts and lasts..... LOOOOVE
So have to decide my next shade yet..

on 6/19/2014 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Kjaer Weis lip tint in Blissful is a beautiful baby pink on me, I have many lip colors and this is my favorite. The texture is light and non sticky. I layer it over my favorite lip conditioner by Yüli Skincare. Great combo for relief from chapped lips and a flattering shade.

Full Size Image

on 5/15/2014 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I like this product, I have it in passionate and the packaging is beautiful and refillable which is the main reason I bought it. Even the red boxes it comes packed in are gorgeous. It's a lovely sheer shade that's really wearable for a light natural makeup look. My one complaint is that packaging isn't very transportable, I put it in my bag it became slightly ajar and got bag fluff in it. Gross. So since then it has been a use at home only product. Still having just run out I will buy a refill.

on 8/25/2012 3:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Wow. This is a very impressive product. I have it in Sensuous Plum, which is indeed a lovely plum shade--neither too red or blue/purple--and quite sophisticated for any season, depending on how much you apply. It's more substantial than I thought it would be--I find it to me more of a sheer lipstick (I apply it with a brush) than a balm. It's not particularly moisturizing, but it's not drying, either. Because of that, the staying power is quite good and, with repeated application, can be built up to a cream lipstick level of coverage. It comes in the signature Kjaer Weis compact, which is incredible--heavy and beautiful, like a piece of jewelry, yet functional. My only complaint is that, of all the cosmetics that come in little pouches, this one doesn't--and it should, to protect the compact from getting scratched up in your purse. Now that I have the compact (which is very easy to refill), I will probably try other shades. This is a great quality product in every way, and I would repurchase.

on 3/7/2012 5:48:00 PM

I adore kjaer weis products, her lip tints, eyeshadows and cream blushes. The colours are neutral and should suit most skintypes. They go on nicely and stay put. I have the dream state (warm nude) and sensuous plum liptints and like them both. They are sheer but buildable and taste nicely of vanilla. The eyeshadows are fabulous, they go on nicely, are buildable and don't crease. Again the colours are wonderful. I have wisdom, a taupe, onyx a dark charcoal, and cloud nine a champagne. It feels like I have all colours I need to take me from day to night. She will launch a caramel colour this spring and I can't wait. The blushes are fantastic too and make my cheeks feel dewy and moist without feeling greasy. I have the apricot (sunkissed) and mauve (blossoming) colours.. The products are as organic and natural as you can get. The packaging is beautiful and I love the refill system, which makes the products super affordable after the initial splurge.

on 7/8/2011 12:53:00 PM

I'm extremely impressed. About a year ago I switched to all-natural completely "clean" makeup and skincare--not an easy switch in some ways, because "clean" products often don't have the same depth of pigment or lasting ability as "dirty" cosmetics. This KW lip tint is a welcome exception! I have 2 (Passionate and Sensuous Plum) and both far exceeded my expectations. The pigment of the tints is strong, and the color you see in the pan is indeed what ends on your lips. More impressively, the colors lasts!! I own many, many all-natural lipsticks, glosses and balms, and these stand out. Frankly, if I didn't know for sure that these are "clean," I would assume they were not--that's how brilliantly they perform! Yes, they're expensive. But when I used to wear conventional lipsticks, I often bought Rouge G de Guerlain because I loved their pigments and lip feel--so I figure these are the natural equivalents, both in price (alas) and quality (hurray!). I've been waiting a LONG time for this level of quality in a natural lip product. Tho called lip tints, these combine the wear of a sheer lipstick with the feel of a lip balm. Absolutely lovely.

on 3/8/2011 8:08:00 PM

I used to be a lip gloss junkie I literally have hundreds, but over the past year I have developed an affinity for tinted balms. Not sticky, sheer and very natural.

I came across this product at Space NK (exclusive). I had a hard time choosing a color, the description of colors on the website is non existent, and the swatches not so helpful. So I bought the most nude color Dream State. Its a warm nude, the slightest hint of shimmer, very sheer although I'm pink toned fair, this was a beautiful nude color on my lips - don't expect much color payoff. So I liked it so well I ordered another Blissful. Its the sheer bubblegum pink, this suprisingly has more color for me, and even after I have been wearing it for a couple of hours, there is still some pink on my lips! I applied it with a brush at first and found it to be too much pink - its designed to be applied with the fingers anyway, and I like it much better when less product is on my lips. Better color payoff for me if this is the color you want. It is a balm, but not waxy, if you are doing this solely for really chapped lips I would stick with By Terry Baum de Rose since this doesn't really feel like lip treatment. I hope this helps those out there clicking away on the swatches trying to pick!
Packaging is awesome and I'm going back for the shadows when my wallet recovers.

Popular Lip Glosses