Lee Stafford Bleach Blondes Shampoo

Lee Stafford Bleach Blondes Shampoo

3.9

Aqua (Water), SodiumiLaureth Suflate, CocamidopropyliBetaine, Sodium Chloride,iDisodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate,lDimethicone, Dipropylene Glycol,iPolysilicone-19, Hydroxypropyl GuarlHydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, PEG-150lPentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, AcryliclAcid / AcrylamidomethyllPropane Sulfonic AcidiCopolymer, Parfum (Fragrance),iPEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides,iHexyl Cinnamal, Glycerin,lPolyquaternium-39, Panthenol, SodiumlHydroxide, Butylphenyl Mehtylpropional,iMagnesium Chloride, Linalool,iBenzyl Benzoate, Limonene,lCoumarin, Propylene Glycol,lMethylparaben, Magnesium Nitrate,iMoringa Pterygosperma SeedlExtract, Sorbitol, Chlorphenesin,lMethylchloroisolthiazolinone, Citric Acid,lChamomilla Recutita (Matricaraia)lFlower Extract, Methylisothiaziolinone,lPropylparaben, Ethylparaben, HexylenelGlycol, Disperse Violeti1.

on 6/21/2016 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was a bit skeptical about buying this as I only use sulfate free shampoo but it was the cheapest and with best reviews.
Info: I have dark brown hair, and I got some highlights (only a few shades lighter) they turned out pretty orange but with some yellow too. The first, say, 4 times I used this I saw no difference but today I used it and decided to lather it up (I didn't do that the other times) and it actually worked. The color is much ashier, it's a nice light brown with barely any orange. I left it on for maybe 10 minutes while I showered.
The smell is musky, very earthy. It's nice but sometimes overpowering. It lasts on me too, almost all day. The shampoo itself is also drying (I blame the sulfates) but all in all I like the product. The price was alright too.

on 5/27/2016 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is an average purple shampoo at best. It's not the worst I've used, but there are many which are better at helping to reduce brassiness and overall brighten blonde or light hair. I will not repurchase. I much prefer Pravana's Pure Light Sulfate-free Brightening Shampoo, which is the best purple shampoo I've found.

Pros:
- These types of shampoos tend to be drying. This shampoo was drying, but was not as bad as many others.
- It had a nice scent. It's perfumey, but I liked it. It also didn't stick around after the shower so if you don't like the scent, then it's not something that lasts.
- If you leave it in a bit too long, your hair will not turn purple. This also a con, because the pigment isn't great (see below).

Cons:
- It didn't help eliminate the brassiness in my hair. My hair is very pale blonde and goes between platinum and palest silvery/icey blonde. I like using purple shampoos to eliminate any brassy or yellow tones. This shampoo just wasn't pigmented enough. When it lathered up, the product turned white, which is telling of the pigment. I used this a number of ways - just shampoo, left it on 5 minutes, left it on 20 minutes, etc. It also made my hair look dull and mousey.

- This is an inexpensive product, but it was overpriced for the quality. It was also difficult to buy in the US. I purchased because of the raves, but it wasn't worth the extra cost/hassle. There are much better products which are more easily accessible in the US.

Price: I paid $15 USD on Amazon. In the UK, it is a bit less expensive.

Ingredients (from Boots site): AQUA (WATER/EAU), SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE, COCAMIDOPROPYLBETAINE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISODIUM LAURETH SULFOSUCCINATE, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, POLYSILICONE-19, PEG-150 PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRASTEARATE, HYDROXYPROPYL GUAR HYDROXYPROPYLTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, ACRYLIC ACID/ACRYLAMIDOMETHYL PROPANE SULFONIC ACID COPOLYMER, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), GLYCERIN, PEG-6 CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC GLYCERIDES, HEXYL CINNAMAL, POLYQUATERNIUM-39, PANTHENOL, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, LINALOOL, BENZYL BENZOATE, LIMONENE, SODIUM BENZOATE, COUMARIN, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, METHYLPARABEN, MAGNESIUM NITRATE, MORINGA PTERYGOSPERMA SEED EXTRACT, CHLORPHENESIN, METHYLCHLOROISOTHIAZOLINONE, CHAMOMILLA RECUTITA (MATRICARIA) FLOWER EXTRACT, SORBITOL, METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE, PROPYLPARABEN, ETHYLPARABEN, DISPERSE VIOLET 1.

To Read all 19 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/9/2016 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I bought this because it had such good reviews. But after having tried many purple shampoos, I have found this one comparatively underwhelming. It is heavily pigmented, so it definitely does does work in changing the shade of blonde, but it makes blonde hair dull, mousey, brownish. I actually found it really disappointing because it drowned my lovely blonde hair colour and made it blah. In my opinion it's due to the 'warm' purple shade it has - I prefer cool/blue based purples as they keep my highlights brighter and fresher, or creamy white/vanilla shades of blonde shampoo. I also prefer less pigmentation. I also disliked the scent and how drying it was on the hair, both made the product feel a little cheap and I haven't enjoyed using it. In addition the tube packaging is great but the seal/lid isn't - I find the purple leaks and causes a bit of mess, I had to stand it upside down so it would stop dribbling purple all over the shower when sitting on the shelf.

on 10/5/2015 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I first bought this product over a year ago when I began getting highlights/foils on my black hair. It was ineffective on dark hair orange tones, even dark blonde. Now that I am a level 8-9 blonde, this purple shampoo works WONDERS! Other purple shampoos such as fudge's violet shampoo tend to add a dark grey/green hue or turn a dark purple when left in too long or used too often and can stain your hands within a minute. This shampoo doesn't stain your hands at all (which made me doubt the effectiveness) but tones the brassiness out of medium to light blonde hair without darkening or overtoning. I find it makes my hair a lovely ash/beige tone and in some lights it looks pastel pink (which I don't mind). I left it in for a minute or two. It also has a nice lather and doesn't strip the hair or make it feel dry. I usually wash my scalp with a normal shampoo before using this. If I do need to tone down certain areas more or want an ashier tone, I just apply fudge's violet shampoo to those areas needing more toning and use this purple shampoo on the rest of my hair. I'm into my 2nd bottle and I'll be buying my 3rd.

I used to had Californian highlights and had really brassy hair so violet shampoo was a must and even now I do use it once in awhile (I have few highlights).

So far this one is the best violet shampoo I had. Really tones down the hair. Love it.

I can compare this ones to Maria Nila, Loreal, and some Italian brands

on 12/30/2014 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm not a big fan of this shampoo but I still gave it 3 stars because it does what it's supposed to do- it tones down brassiness. I happen not to like the smell of this shampoo (smells musky to me) and it weighed down my fine hair so it's not for me but it works well at toning down brassiness.

on 11/10/2014 6:12:00 PM

I love this stuff! I have highlighted hair that was starting to get a bit brassy (especially at the ends) and subsequently headed to Ulta to find a purple shampoo. I was about to purchase a more expensive alternative, when I stumbled across Beach Blondes for $9.99! I decided it was worth a go and am so glad I did.

I use it once every one or two weeks. I shampoo as normal, tie my hair up and let it sit for five minutes or so while I continue my shower. I then follow up with a deep conditioner (this shampoo is a bit drying) and once my hair is dried, all the brassiness is gone!

on 10/5/2014 6:54:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This shampoo has an okey smell, but I found that the second I put it on my hair (I have platnium blonde hair) it made my hair pastel pink just after leaving it on for a minute.. It never really gave my hair that platnium tone, but more a pale pink color. (SO MANY people asked me if I had dyed my hair pastel pink..) I would recomend a purple-blue-toned shampoo instead of a purple-pink toned one.

on 10/21/2013 8:04:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This toning shampoo is amazing! Its the best I have ever tried and I have tried quite a few. (Fuge...Sheer Blonde etc). It doesn't strip my hair and leaves it nice and soft while toning it really, really well and not staining my hands :) To be honest, I was sceptical it would work when I saw it didnt stain my hands...but after getting out of the shower and drying my hair, I found that my blonde had turned from yellowy and brassy to a lovely ashy, beige colour. After two consecutive washes with it, it was time to give it a rest for a week or so...so that I didn't overtone. Now I just need to use it once a week to maintain the colour. Finally - a toning shampoo that actually works but doesnt stain and is gentle on the hair :)

on 4/20/2013 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this shampoo and conditioner last year and my hair was yellow after using it only 2 times ... ( I have blond hair)
I dont like it thums down from me