Paula's Choice RESIST Weekly Resurfacing Treatment

4.2

Not tested on animals

Water, Methylpropanediol (slip agent/penetration enhancer), Glycolic Acid (alpha hydroxy acid/exfoliant), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (water-binding agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH adjuster), Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract (antioxidant), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract (anti-irritants), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract (antioxidant),Arctium Lappa (Burdock) Root Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract (anti-irritants), Borago Officinalis (Borage) Extract, Boerhavia Diffusa Root Extract (antioxidants), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (anti-irritant), Lamium Album (White Nettle) Flower Extract (antioxidant), Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Ulmus Fulva (Slippery Elm) Bark Extract (anti-irritants), Glycerin (skin-identical ingredient), Allantoin (anti-irritant) Propylene Glycol (solvent), Tetrasodium EDTA (chelating agent), Phenoxyethanol (preservative). 6/23/11

A little irritating to me. But it does exfoliate well. i would think twice if you have sensetive skin. i love it for on my bodybut its not a large size...

For dry skin or acne, this stuff is the bomb. I alternate between this and their new BHA time released gel which I'll write a review on once I use it for over a month. The only thing I don't like about this product is the steep price for only 2 ounces. But the company is great and they're not owned by a larger company. They're still an Indie brand.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

When I use this product weekly the results are not impressive. I have to use it daily and when I do the results are amazing. I have sensitive skin and this does tingle a little but I don't have any burning, tingling, or breakouts. Just great looking skin the next morning. Next I will try the Skin Perfecting 8% AHA lotion simply because a lotion will be easier to apply than this watery product. Often times some is lost because it's so watery. I'd give it 5 lippies if it was thicker.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

This was not as recommended for oily skin as the BHA is but it actually made the most improvement, go figure. I do not like the tacky feeling this product leaves on the skin and have since found other AHAs that work well with for me.
I will continue to use glycolic acid on my face as I find it works a lot better for me than salicylic acid.
It helps to improve the look, texture, and tone of my skin.
I used this product about once a week and then used 2x week here and there for maintenance as needed.

Update I use glycolic nightly when I need help to correct pigmentation on my skin after that I will use it about every other night. I no longer use any PC products.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this stuff! I use it once a week before bed, applying the directed amount and smoothing lightly over my face and jawline. I wait for it to dry a bit then add PC's Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask. Man oh man does my skin look fresh and hydrated afterwards! It's glowing and bright. It's hard to ruin your skin with this- just follow the directions & I wouldn't use it anymore than once a week (your skin needs to regenerate). I have sensitive, dry skin and have had no issues with this (on the times I've overdone it or applied more than prescribed, I did get red and sore- but that's my fault, not the product). I've already repurchased this and it is one of my PC staples. Love it!

While my skin feels smooth and exfoliated after it, the product breaks me out the next morning, and I don't think it's the AHA in it. Feels sticky on the skin which is not very pleasant.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I like the Good Genes one so much more! This one stings like crazy. Did she forget to buffer it? Unbearable discomfort.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I've been using this product for about 4 months now. No noticable changes. The instructions say that you can wash off after a couple minutes or leave on over night. I always opt to leave on over night because in my mind the product will get a chance to work deeper. The products leaves a tacky residue after it dries down. I hate that. For the bottle to be as small as it is it has lasted these 4 months and I have still have product left. I prefer the daily exfoliater from PC.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Paula's Choice is known for formulating effective exfoliants. This product is a very thin, clear liquid with a strong chemical smell that does fade eventually. It can be applied with a cotton pad. This weekly AHA resurfacing treatment is very strong. It boasts 10% glycolic acid with a pH under 4.0. It does effectively exfoliate the skin. Unfortunately, I had some difficulty using it. I tried, at first, leaving it on for 10-30 minutes before applying serums and moisturizers. When I used it in this manner I did not see any results after 2 months of use. I was hoping for smoother more even skin with smaller pores. I then tried using this product as an overnight treatment without applying anything to my skin afterward. This was a disaster. It left me with dry, peeling and irritated skin. The product finally worked for me after leaving it alone for several months. The bottle design is not ideal for protecting the product from air and so I believe, over time, it decreased in potency. Now I can use it as a glycolic toner. I'm still on the hunt for an effective but gentle weekly peel.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

This is a part of my weekly skin regimen - once a week (preferably on Thursdays, if I have any special weekend plans) I use this after cleaning. I usually let it sink in for some 20 minutes, thereafter I use a nice, mild cream with a lot of hydration (FAB:s Ultra Repair Cream) over and wash it again in the morning. My face looks really clear and bright after this!