Paula's Choice RESIST Weekly Resurfacing Treatment

4.3

Not tested on animals

Water, Methylpropanediol (slip agent/penetration enhancer), Glycolic Acid (alpha hydroxy acid/exfoliant), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (water-binding agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH adjuster), Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract (antioxidant), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract (anti-irritants), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract (antioxidant),Arctium Lappa (Burdock) Root Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract (anti-irritants), Borago Officinalis (Borage) Extract, Boerhavia Diffusa Root Extract (antioxidants), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (anti-irritant), Lamium Album (White Nettle) Flower Extract (antioxidant), Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Ulmus Fulva (Slippery Elm) Bark Extract (anti-irritants), Glycerin (skin-identical ingredient), Allantoin (anti-irritant) Propylene Glycol (solvent), Tetrasodium EDTA (chelating agent), Phenoxyethanol (preservative). 6/23/11

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Medium

This is a skin-changing product! It is basically just antioxidants along with 10% glycolic acid (AHA Exfoliator). I started using Paula's 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliator and it cleared up all of my active acne, but left me with some stubborn clogged pores. I decided to add an AHA exfoliator to the mix and that's when I found this. It was the perfect solution to my clogged pores. I only use this once a week right before I go to bed followed up by a good night-time moisturizer. On every other night of the week I use the BHA. It is true that AHA is typically recommended for dry skin and BHA for oily skin, but because I have combination skin I find them both to be necessary. These two exfoliators combined have left me with clear glowing skin. Super happy with these products.

For $10 off your first purchase follow this link: https://goo.gl/1mwCjO

HG!!! Absolutely LOVE this stuff. Nothing has made such a huge difference in my face overnight! I only use it once a week (and definitely before any big event) and wake up with glowing skin. My skin is very sensitive, so this does sting a bit when you first put it on, but it is WAY more effective than a physical exfoliant!

If you paste this link to get to the website, a $10 credit is applied to your order :D

To Read all 109 Reviews, Login or Join

Broke me out pretty badly. Also dry skin that lasted about four days. I'm thinking my skin may not like GA, or something in this product. Too bad because I really need some good exfoliation.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is one of those products where I have seen a difference almost immediately, or soon after using this! It's become a staple in my routine. I really like to take care of my skin. It's an AHA exfoliant, and it makes my skin SO smooth. After cleansing and toning, you apply this on with a cotton pad. You can rinse it off after a few minutes, or leave it in (depending on how sensitive you are). It is strong, at 10%, so when you start out you need to do it only once a week. Once your skin becomes accustomed to the exfoliation, you can increase the amount of applications. I suggest at night, since this product makes your skin susceptible to sun sensitivity.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I'm using this every couple of days to deal with hyperpigmentation and also help with general exfoliatiion.

It does seem to be breaking down the darker patches and my skin seems a lot clearer.

Downside is the size of the bottle, its really quite small

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Unfortunately, this product didn't do anything for me. I used only Paula's Choice Resist line for 6 months. It just dried out my skin even more and made it look so dull. The items I used were: Resist Weekly Resurfacing Treatment 10% AHA. Resist Cellular Day Moisturizer with spf 25, Resist Non-Greasy Moisturizer, Resist Wrinkle Repair Retinol serum, Skin Perfecting 2% BHA, Resist c15 super booster, Resist Toner, Resist Cleanser, Resist Foundation, Resist Daily Smoothing Treatment 5% AHA. With all of this, I not only saw no results, my skin looked worse. I like to enjoy my skincare. That is huge for me. These products bored me. I ended up throwing what wasn't used up in the garbage after giving it a good 6 months. In summary, they were so boring and ineffective. Fortunately, I am using new products now that have made a huge difference. I am enjoying my skincare routine again!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff really works. It exfoliates my skin without having to scrub and irritate it which gets my skin all inflamed and causes acne. It does make my dry skin a bit drier though, but it's worth it.

Update: I found another night treatment I like better from Amazonia called potent cell renewal which make my skin way better without making it drier.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This comes in a small toner bottle. I didn't get much for my money. Tried it last night for the first time. I applied it after cleansing and I woke up this morning with bright glowing skin. I'm 58 and I don't get results like that much anymore so you could have blown me over with a feather! I will certainly keep up with this product. I do wish you would get more in the bottle but I had no irritation and I have seriously sensitive rosacea skin. I have tried all of her BHAs and old AHA products but this blows all of those away!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using Paula's Choice products for about 2 months and have seen a very significant difference in my skin. The major difference is the way my skin glows and the way makeup enhances that instead of covering and/or making me look worse because of the bad texture of my skin. I have extremely dry AND dehydrated skin. This exfoliates my skin effectively, removing all the flaking and dullness without any irritation. I use this once a week in combination with the Resist Daily Smoothing Treatment 5% AHA. My skin has taken on a glow since I started using this. You get a lot product, the packaging is effective and the price is reasonable.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have been using this product for a couple of months and I am very happy with its performance. I use it twice a week at night under a serum and a moisturiser (I apply it with my fingers, because I don't like wasting product). It does make a difference to the appearance of my skin. I've noticed that my skin is clearer and more even and my pores are smaller than they usually are. I am probably not supposed to, but I also use it to make zits smaller. I put some of this product on them and they shrink overnight. It works brilliantly.

My skin is sometimes sensitive to products, but not to this one. That said, my skin sometimes itch a little an hour or so after application, but doesn't seem to irritate my skin in any other way.