Paula's Choice RESIST Weekly Resurfacing Treatment

4.2

Not tested on animals

Water, Methylpropanediol (slip agent/penetration enhancer), Glycolic Acid (alpha hydroxy acid/exfoliant), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (water-binding agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH adjuster), Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract (antioxidant), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract (anti-irritants), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract (antioxidant),Arctium Lappa (Burdock) Root Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract (anti-irritants), Borago Officinalis (Borage) Extract, Boerhavia Diffusa Root Extract (antioxidants), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (anti-irritant), Lamium Album (White Nettle) Flower Extract (antioxidant), Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Ulmus Fulva (Slippery Elm) Bark Extract (anti-irritants), Glycerin (skin-identical ingredient), Allantoin (anti-irritant) Propylene Glycol (solvent), Tetrasodium EDTA (chelating agent), Phenoxyethanol (preservative). 6/23/11

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

When I use this product weekly the results are not impressive. I have to use it daily and when I do the results are amazing. I have sensitive skin and this does tingle a little but I don't have any burning, tingling, or breakouts. Just great looking skin the next morning. Next I will try the Skin Perfecting 8% AHA lotion simply because a lotion will be easier to apply than this watery product. Often times some is lost because it's so watery. I'd give it 5 lippies if it was thicker.

While my skin feels smooth and exfoliated after it, the product breaks me out the next morning, and I don't think it's the AHA in it. Feels sticky on the skin which is not very pleasant.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I like the Good Genes one so much more! This one stings like crazy. Did she forget to buffer it? Unbearable discomfort.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

This was not as recommended for oily skin as the BHA is but it actually made the most improvement, go figure. I do not like the tacky feeling this product leaves on the skin and have since found other AHAs that work well with for me.
I will continue to use glycolic acid on my face as I find it works a lot better for me than salicylic acid.
It helps to improve the look, texture, and tone of my skin.
I used this product about once a week and then used 2x week here and there for maintenance as needed.

Update I use glycolic nightly when I need help to correct pigmentation on my skin after that I will use it about every other night. I no longer use any PC products.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I've been using this product for about 4 months now. No noticable changes. The instructions say that you can wash off after a couple minutes or leave on over night. I always opt to leave on over night because in my mind the product will get a chance to work deeper. The products leaves a tacky residue after it dries down. I hate that. For the bottle to be as small as it is it has lasted these 4 months and I have still have product left. I prefer the daily exfoliater from PC.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Paula's Choice is known for formulating effective exfoliants. This product is a very thin, clear liquid with a strong chemical smell that does fade eventually. It can be applied with a cotton pad. This weekly AHA resurfacing treatment is very strong. It boasts 10% glycolic acid with a pH under 4.0. It does effectively exfoliate the skin. Unfortunately, I had some difficulty using it. I tried, at first, leaving it on for 10-30 minutes before applying serums and moisturizers. When I used it in this manner I did not see any results after 2 months of use. I was hoping for smoother more even skin with smaller pores. I then tried using this product as an overnight treatment without applying anything to my skin afterward. This was a disaster. It left me with dry, peeling and irritated skin. The product finally worked for me after leaving it alone for several months. The bottle design is not ideal for protecting the product from air and so I believe, over time, it decreased in potency. Now I can use it as a glycolic toner. I'm still on the hunt for an effective but gentle weekly peel.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

A bit of context: I have extremely dry skin that gets eczema, sore patches, flaky skin that I can literally peel off, and while generally isn't sensitive, sometimes takes a violent dislike to products that have certain fragrances. I have always used physical exfoliants, and find that using them around three times a week helps to alleviate some of my dryness.

I got a sample of this with another Paula's Choice order, and I'm so impressed that I'm going to go out and buy the full size. One application of this and the results have outstripped anything I've ever achieved with a physical exfoliant. My skin is softer, smoother, brighter, more even-looking, and the acne around my mouth even looks better. I feel like all the dead skin has been sloughed away so thoroughly that I really have a new layer of skin on the top! My moisturiser also absorbed a lot better, and I woke up the next morning with very hydrated skin.

The formula feels like water, really, and it can be applied either with the hands or on a cotton pad. The smell is, quite honestly, gross - a bit like sweaty gym socks. I really dislike the smell, but can put up with it. It prickles a little bit on application, but for only a few seconds. I don't feel any burning, stinging, or really anything once the initial prickling has died down.

Overall I am very impressed with this product, and I can't quite believe that it has such great results when it applies like water and feels pretty normal on the skin. I will definitely be purchasing more!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

This is a part of my weekly skin regimen - once a week (preferably on Thursdays, if I have any special weekend plans) I use this after cleaning. I usually let it sink in for some 20 minutes, thereafter I use a nice, mild cream with a lot of hydration (FAB:s Ultra Repair Cream) over and wash it again in the morning. My face looks really clear and bright after this!

Broke me out pretty badly. Also dry skin that lasted about four days. I'm thinking my skin may not like GA, or something in this product. Too bad because I really need some good exfoliation.

I've been using AHA for years, but wanted something stronger. Picked up a few samples of this and used it several times to fade some acne scars and reduce congestion. This breaks me out every time. It makes my skin red, bumpy and irritated. It's not the AHA since I've been on it for a while, so it's another ingredient in this product.

I'm also really suspicious of PC product reviews- a lot of people are leaving promo links, which I've never seen before. PC also never publishes my negative reviews on their site... just be cautious when perusing reviews.