MAC Lustre in Lovelorn

Lustre in LovelornLustre in Lovelorn

4.4

on 3/6/2016 3:04:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

A special thanks to the reviewer below Deedianne. My lipstick collection is nude, berry, red, nude, berry, red x infinity. I can never find a good pink for me because they never look right, ever. While doing my usual time wasting on MUA, I saw Deedianne's review pop up and she mentions that pink is a hard color for her too. I looked up some swatches and I felt like this might be the one.

I stopped by MAC to pick up a CCB and I decided to see if I could find Lovelorn. I glanced over all the pinks looking to see if I could spot it without looking at the labels and low and behold, Lovelorn was the very first one I picked up. I saw it as a sign and bought it right then lol.

It's a gorgeous color. I'm NC20, 3WN dark brown color treated hair (naturally blonde) and blue eyes. This is the perfect pink for spring and I plan on wearing it a lot. It's creamy and comfortable, definitely a solid lipstick. It doesn't last long, but it is so comfortable and wearable that it is easily reapplied. I can even do it without a mirror if i'd like. If you have a hard time finding a good pink for you, give this one a shot!

on 3/4/2016 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

A nice subtle bubblegum pink on my pigmented lips and tan completion. I find it difficult to buy pinks because I end up looking like Nicki Minaj when she went through her barbie pink stage. However lovelorn is the right amount of pink and the texture is sheer enough to get away with for me. I like wearing lovelorn when my hair is lighter in summer (I find that when I dye my hair darker lovelorn looks abit washed out on me).

To Read all 164 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/21/2016 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Beautiful pink lipstick lined with MAC nightmoth. Much prettier than being lined with chestnut but the secret is blend blend blend.

on 10/13/2015 1:05:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Very nice bright (but not too bright) pink. It actually looks nice on me which is rare for cool pinks like this. It has a nice amount of shine and last fairly well. Only issue I had is that it pills just slightly. Would repurchase.

I'm nearly finished my tube of this! It is one of my go-to colours from MAC, it looks great when you're getting all dolled up for a special occassion and also looks great when you are going for a very subtle, natural look. It is a pretty, sweet pink. It applies very smoothly and feels creamy on the lips, it does not dry them out. It is a Lustre from MAC and I find that it does not emphasise dryness on the lips which is always a bonus. One of my top 5 MAC lipsticks for sure! I imagine it will look good on all skin tones. A++

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

The shade is so pretty, but it settles into the creases of my lips very badly! It's kind of like a mask on my lips. Moisturizing, but it magnifies creases and lines. I have Midimauve Lustre and it doesn't do this. If you have chapped lips, I can imagine Lovelorn would magnify the problem because it seems to highlight the tiny cracks. ***** EDIT: Wore it a few more times. I wanted to like this color. I've seen it described as "Mid-Toned Pink" (which is why I went for it online) but also as Cool Toned on other sites. Let me tell you, on me it is COOL toned. It looks slightly bubble-gummy. Stay away if cool tones don't look good on you.

Love this! A very pretty bright pink but not in you face. I bought this and pink nouveau but had to return pink nouveau... Way too bright for my taste though I love love the lipglass in that shade! Anyway iam loving Lovelorn! It is my go to bright pink lipstick!!!!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is such a pretty color! It almost matches my natural color exactly except slightly brighter. It's nice to use for everyday to brighten up my look and give me a fresh faced glow. The texture is lustre so it goes on smooth and creamy and is sheerer than mac's other finishes. I think the sheer finish may make this color appear slightly different depending on the skin tone and lip color on whoever is wearing it. It may look darker on some than others but I cannot imagine it looking terrible on anyone.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is my least favorite of all the Mac lipsticks I've tried. That being said, I don't hate it. I like the cremesheen formula more than the lustre, to begin with. Not as much staying power. I am Caucasian with medium skin tone. This color ends up looking too hot pinkish on my lips. I downplay it by wearing creme cup over it.

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

This is my absolute favourite lipstick. It is a beautiful mid-pink colour. On my fair skin it is brighter than my natural lips but isn't too bright or intense. The formula is also lovely. I'd never used lustre finish lipsticks before because I thought they didn't last very well. But I find this lipstick lasts very well. It is a creamy finish so it won't last all day but it does last a good 3-4 hours. And a slight stain is left on your lips when it wears off so it isn't too noticeable where it has worn off. Love this!

Popular Lipsticks