Dolce & Gabbana 3 L'Imperatrice EDT

Dolce & Gabbana 3 L'Imperatrice EDT
3 L'Imperatrice EDT

4.1

on 11/14/2016 10:19:00 AM

Top notes: rhubarb, red currant, juicy kiwi accord. Heart notes: pink cyclamen, fresh watermelon accord. Base notes: musky notes, sandalwood, grapefruit wood.

I did not try this expecting great things and thus was not disappointed. This does not remind me of an empress, by the way. As soon as this hit my skin, the rhubarb was very apparent -- crisp, green, unripe and indigestible, almost like a piece of hard, unripe fruit. You know when you bite into a pear or peach that is still hard and sour? This is like that. The mid notes are sweeter; quite sweet, in fact. This may or may not be a good thing, depending on your taste. For me, it was a relief from the unripe produce smell of the opening notes, but I could see it being way too sweet for many. The fruit/produce effect is never lost. When it settled down, I was expecting something woody and musky. I got a coffee smell, and I think this was the wood. Not unpleasant.

Carries on for several hours and has some decent lasting power for a newer fragrance. What I can say is that while this is not a scrubber, it is not full bottle worthy, unless you want to smell like an amalgam of every modern fragrance out there -- fruity, sweet, and gourmand. This is your shampoo/shower gel/ deodorant and body lotion extended and concentrated. Not soapy clean, but fruity sweet.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral

i blind bought this based on reviews and i absolutely love this. its very light and soft but smells incredible and projects through out the day. i use it combined with victoria secrets sheer love shower gel and body lotion. i get lots of compliments on this one. every time i put it on a get atleast 2-3 compliments from different people. i have quite a lot of fragrances and there is nothing in my collection that can be compared to this. i initially thought it might be similar to lancomes miracle as that is my signature scent or versaces bright crystal. it is not overwhelming but has incredible staying power. its very fresh and light but lingers very nicely. im usually a sweet , spicy kind of perfume girl, but this is absolutely gorgeous. well done D&G :)

on 2/25/2016 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got a sample of this perfume while at Sephora, and I gotta say that it's a really nice fresh, fruity and light summer perfume. I like it a lot and I might purchase eventually.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is such an unusual perfume that I've been wanting to try, I was delighted to have the opportunity to give it a test drive recently.
There is a sweetness to it, but not a sugar overload, nor a synthetic sweetness that is cloying. It's tempered and wrapped by the sandalwood and infused with musk, yet lightened considerably by watery fruits to give it an aquatic feel. It's strong on rhubarb and watermelon for me and lasted for a good four hours. With over-spraying, I'm sure this could be intense or in the summer heat, too cloying. But sprayed lightly in cooler weather, I found it refreshing and unique. It's almost tropical in a deeply lush way, it's not frivolous at all. There's a tartness to it that again, keeps it from being jammy because of the fruits. It's more earthy and woody in its effect and there is a certain degree of richness to it. Definitely reminds me of the tropics, with their lush green rain forests where there is a coolness underneath the canopies of the trees high above.
Not something to wear to a dinner party, but more for casual day-time settings where you're relaxed and just being you. I found it unique and kept sniffing my wrist to enjoy this Dolce & Gabbana offering.

on 9/28/2015 9:06:00 PM

This is my signature spring/summer scent. I love how light and fresh this perfume is! It's unlike anything else I've ever smelled, yes it's a tropical fruity floral but the kiwi and watermelon create such a beautiful and unique combination! I wish it lasted a little bit longer on me, but it is an EDT. I will definitely repurchase when I run out!

on 7/13/2015 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Mmmm, delish! This EDT smells like a soft smooth fruity beach cocktail -- like something I'd be sipping beside the pool at my hotel in the Bahamas. Soothing, relaxing, happy-making. And upscale too -- smells like a rich lady on a summer beach vacation -- or a cruise. I can almost hear soft steel drum music and seagulls in the background.

Launched in 2009 as one of the D&G Anthology series of numbered EDTs, this was the pink one, the most popular, and is perhaps the sole survivor of the collection? (although others can still be bought online.) I once either heard or read somewhere that it has a cult following.

Fruity & floral & fresh fragrances aren't normally my wheelhouse (I prefer gourmands, orientals, vanillas, musks), but this fragrance is just so soooooft, smooooth, limpid, and quietly pretty! It has a special subtle glassy-smooth quality, which is difficult to describe. Not "in-your-face" fruity, like a VS garden scent -- these fruits aren't bold-smelling -- they're really soft & exotic & seamless and a bit clean-musky smelling. Sheer and watery -- like a watercolor painting.

Sophisticated, for a fruity scent. Smells kind of like a shampoo's scent, really -- on the melony side -- soft, relaxing, and enjoyable. Vacation in a bottle. It almost casts a spell -- magical.

Ahhhhh -- so refreshing! I'm wearing it on this over-90-degree day, and it works perfectly. Every inhale smells like an exotic islandy retreat. Might be my imagination, but I sensed one of my male coworkers possibly lingering for a whiff as he passed by me earlier.

Launched in 2009. Notes, per parfumo.net:

Top Notes - Pink pepper, Kiwi, Rhubarb
Heart Notes - Cyclamen, Watermelon, Jasmine
Base Notes - Lemon tree wood, Musk, Sandalwood

Even though it's an EDT, I have no problem with strength or longevity -- I think it's just right -- and I wouldn't want it any stronger.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This perfume has a more mature scent to it in my opinion but I don't think it's a big deal. I can smell the sandalwood and tones like that more than the fruity scents. And I'm not the biggest fan of musky scents but there is enough of a fruit scent to grab my interest. The staying power isn't too bad either. On average, I think it last about 6 hours on me. And it doesn't disappear right off the bat, it fades very gently to me.
I think that if you want a soft scent that can be worn almost anywhere, this is it. I can wear it during the day but also at night. Also, I don't have to worry about it being too overpowering because it is such a light scent which makes me really happy especially when I wear it to work. I don't know if I'll buy it again since you do get a lot for your money and also I tend to never go back to a scent once I finish it unless it leaves a huge impression on me. But for a starter perfume or something for everyday, this is perfect. It isn't too over powering and can transition from day to night easily. It might be a little pricey but you do get a lot for your money and it will last a long time too.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

A close 2nd to my favourite Dolce & Gabbana perfume, Dolce, except l'Imperatrice doesn't have the earthy lower notes that I crave. Still, this is lovely. It's a beautiful symphony of red fruity notes - raspberries, cherries, mixed with some blackcurrent. I love to just let the beautiful juicy notes play over me. A most lovely sensation. Worth the price.

on 9/28/2014 8:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This perfume is definitely not for everyone, to me it doesn't smell completely bad but not amazing either.

If you don't like this fragrance then something is wrong with you. It's fruity, but doesn't smell like that cheap little girl/celebrity generic perfume. Smells fresh and subtle. Love, love, love, love this stuff. I'll probably wear this forever!!

Popular Fragrances