L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara in Blackest Black

3.8

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have been using this mascara for years as well as searching for the HG mascara. It was when I started using this mascara with Benefits tinted primer that I really started LOVING it. The two together are perfect--no racoon eyes even after wearing it for 8 hours and no transfer to upper lid like it did without the primer. The two together are a match made in heaven! I haven't tried another primer but maybe that's the key for those who had smearing problems?

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This mascara transfers onto your lower eye area like crazy even if you dab powder under your eye.

There is nothing "waterproof" about this mascara. Flakes, smudges and runs. The butterfly waterproof mascara has better staying power. This one is a waste of $$$$.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I rarely post on here, but this morning I was so done with this product that I thought I'd take the time for a review. I used this many years ago and remember liking it. The last two times I bought a tube (thought I'd give it a second chance), it was an utter mess. Every time the wand is pulled out of the tube, out comes just huge globs of product. You can't just wipe it down on the side of the tube because there's too much mascara all over the wand. I have to wipe it with a tissue each time I pull it out. The opening of the tube gets gunked up with mascara right away, so I have to wipe that down as well. I realize it's cheap, but seriously. Can they not even build a small enough wiping mechanism inside the tube? I saw this received a 4.0 rating but haven't read any of the other reviews. I admit I'm spoiled by Definicils, which has zero clumping ever and goes on so smoothly (I get sets of travel tubes on eBay-great deal), but I ran out so.... Still, no mascara should be a mess in your hands like that in this day and age.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

This is an awesome mascara. I am taking one lippie away because it does smudge a little bit, but it's nothing I can't handle. I would definitely recommend and I do plan on buying this one again eventually.

Years ago this was my fav but it smudges everywhere now.

Absolutely the best mascara. My eyelashes stay soft when I'm wearing it and it doesn't clump. You can apply multiple coats easily so you can range from natural to "falsies" look.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Really like this mascara. I always like to try different DS mascaras as I prefer to save HE ones for special occasions as I don't wear false lashes. This is a great everyday mascara which provides length and volume and longevity. It feels soft on eyelashes and doesn't make them feel or appear stiff. I will repurchase this once I run out. Definitely recommend :)

Ive been using this for years! Sometimes i think there might be something better...but i ALWAYS come back to this! I like that the brush is a brush and not plastic. It grabs all my blonde lashes ,gives them length and volume..no clumps. I also loved Lash out but sadly discontinued..i find it on ebay.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This used to be HG for me for years...then they seemed to change the formula quite some time ago..where it used to last all day on me and wear beautifully with no smudging or flaking at all and it used to remove pretty easily, and it never bothered me...well..something changed..It now flakes on me, it gives me 'raccooon eyes,' makes my eyes itch and makes my eyelashes feel 'dry' when it never used to.....Also, when I remove it, it comes off in flakes, whereas it used to remove cleanly and smoothly and evenly.....Very disappointed..never thought this would give me raccoon eyes and all these other problems like it now does.......Really bummed because this used to be fine for day or night, day into night, fine for the workplace, great volume, great length..everything was great....But now I've been looking for a new HG mascara.........