L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara in Blackest Black

3.8

I like this mascara.. I normally wear Lancome, a few by Maybelline, or Mad Lash by TheBalm.. surprised that at 48 yo I have never used this mascara until last week! Weird because I use their lash primer lol😵, just always used it with my other HG mascaras. I've been on a dark brown mascara kick lately, I find it much more flattering as I get older.. I did have to get brownish/black, but it's still a nice color for me. I have long lashes naturally, and don't demand a lot from a mascara except that it not clump or flake, and give me good length and volume.. This delivered that, and I will repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

My lashes are pretty bangin' naturally, but I like to take it to the next level. Voluminous Original is a good mascara, very serviceable for my needs; it gives a nice length boost, a slight volume boost, and a dramatic look, overall. Its main flaw is that I have to wipe the wand, every time and for each eye, to get decent separation. The formula dries quickly; while Voluminous Original isn't waterproof, by definition in this case, it can survive my oily skin and slightly runny eyes without smudges. I like that it doesn't stink, and comes off easily with micellar water or a baby wipe.

I'm hyped to try the Waterproof Carbon Black version!

Smudges under my eyes, and can't hold a curl throughout the day. I wanted to like it but I don't believe in getting additional products to make a single product work. Also it can get flaky af, if you wear contacts try it out without them in or else you'll be suffering.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have been using this mascara for years as well as searching for the HG mascara. It was when I started using this mascara with Benefits tinted primer that I really started LOVING it. The two together are perfect--no racoon eyes even after wearing it for 8 hours and no transfer to upper lid like it did without the primer. The two together are a match made in heaven! I haven't tried another primer but maybe that's the key for those who had smearing problems?

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This mascara transfers onto your lower eye area like crazy even if you dab powder under your eye.

There is nothing "waterproof" about this mascara. Flakes, smudges and runs. The butterfly waterproof mascara has better staying power. This one is a waste of $$$$.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I rarely post on here, but this morning I was so done with this product that I thought I'd take the time for a review. I used this many years ago and remember liking it. The last two times I bought a tube (thought I'd give it a second chance), it was an utter mess. Every time the wand is pulled out of the tube, out comes just huge globs of product. You can't just wipe it down on the side of the tube because there's too much mascara all over the wand. I have to wipe it with a tissue each time I pull it out. The opening of the tube gets gunked up with mascara right away, so I have to wipe that down as well. I realize it's cheap, but seriously. Can they not even build a small enough wiping mechanism inside the tube? I saw this received a 4.0 rating but haven't read any of the other reviews. I admit I'm spoiled by Definicils, which has zero clumping ever and goes on so smoothly (I get sets of travel tubes on eBay-great deal), but I ran out so.... Still, no mascara should be a mess in your hands like that in this day and age.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

This is an awesome mascara. I am taking one lippie away because it does smudge a little bit, but it's nothing I can't handle. I would definitely recommend and I do plan on buying this one again eventually.

Absolutely the best mascara. My eyelashes stay soft when I'm wearing it and it doesn't clump. You can apply multiple coats easily so you can range from natural to "falsies" look.

Years ago this was my fav but it smudges everywhere now.