The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Stick

The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Stick

4.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Fragrance, Tocopherol.

Love the smell but it really didn't feel to me like it was moisturising at all

on 10/12/2015 3:32:00 PM

So much easier to put on than creams you have to dip your fingers in to apply. I love the stick application, it's the main reason why I bought it!

The cocoa butter stick is very moisturizing and calming on chapped skin. I especially like to put it on the soles of my feet after a long day, it heals up the cracking/roughness if used overnight.

I also put this on some stretch marks I have on my inner thigh. It helped with removal of the pink/purple pigment of the stretch marks, but doesn't get rid of the actual markings.

Overall this product is good and the smell is fairly nice. I would probably repurchase again.

To Read all 25 Reviews, Login or Join

This is a perfect concept for moisturizing stick. I've read a lot of reviews that says it's used for during pregnancy but it turns out to be a great thing in general for after shower body moisturizing. It goes on light and not greasy if you don't rub too much on, however it tend to grease up your hand. Always use it on elbows and knees as the joints soak up the product pretty fast. and did I mention that IT SMELLS AMAZING. literally like chocolate. And not over powering either. I often use it after shower and put it in my work tote and bring it to work. I work in a clinic so it's definitely subtle enough for fragrance allergic environments.
5/5 for PACKAGING AND FRAGRANCE.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Everyone should have this stick in their beauty arsenal. The scent is fantastic and soft, not too aggressive so it won't give you a headachy feeling if you are super sensitive to scents. The cocoa butter goes on smooth and does not leave residue or a tacky feeling on your skin. It absorbs nicely and evenly. I usually use Palmers Cocoa butter stick but The Body Shop Sick is much better.
This is a rather large jumbo size stick but it is easy to hold and the amount of product inside is nice and generous. This cocoa butter is perfect for cold chapped lips, face, neck, hands, feet, legs, torso. This is a fantastic product.

on 6/6/2011 2:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pregnant & love it!! I also purchased the tub of cocoa butter, but when I am lazy & don't feel like getting greasy- the nights I seem to just fall into bed, I don't have to feel guilty... I just use this! Goes on very, very easy, & doesn't hurt my tummy to rub on. I don't think this is very greasy at all. The smell of the cocoa butter in the tub is like Cocoa Puffs, but this is very light. I also love that, at 31 weeks, this is the easiest way to get lotion on my legs. Haha. Wonderful!!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I was very skeptical when I purchased this as I prefer body butters for moisturization. I was looking for a Cocoa butter but due to the fact that I am pregnant and can't stand any smells/perfumes, I wanted something that isn't overpowering. The SA recommended this as its a stick and hence to use it only on the stomach (or trouble) areas. So I bought it and lets just say that I loveeee it. I use it only on my tummy area right now and it melts wonderfully onto my skin and yes, there is a cocoa smell but since its only concentrated in my stomach area, it isn't overpowering. (Btw, I generally love the Cocoa Body Butter). Anyway, it is the perfect product to provide intense moisturization to specific areas. it does leave a greasy film or feel but it doesn't bother me since I put it on and sleep overnight with it. I won't purchase this because the stickiness lasts even the next day until i take a shower.

on 11/30/2010 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Being from Canada where the Winters can be harsh on your skin, I thought I'd give this a try. I love the scent and I love the packaging - makes it so easy to get the cocoa butter where you need it. It isn't greasy at all and soaks right in giving you soft, smooth skin! I'll definitely repurchase - especially over the Winter months.

on 4/25/2010 2:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

i've never tried anything like this before and when i saw it in the store I was like hm, interesting.
Well i bought it, and so far I like it. I perfer lotions rather than some sort of butter stick but this is really good, it melts onto your skin when you roll it on. And it really makes your skin soft and moisturized!
But i find it can be a little greasy.

Overall a little bit pricey compared to the normal lotions i get but i like it and its lasts a long time!

on 10/16/2007 10:27:00 PM

Love the stick applicator this product comes in!! That way i don't have to get my fingers all greased up. Could be more moisturizing though - 1 lippie off for that. Would repurchase - but i think this is discontinued :(

Got this recently on sale and love it! It's helping to heal my stretchmarks and it is so easy to apply. I'm not smelling chocolate or vanilla like other reviewers have commented. This has a light, inoffensive shea type smell. It's not foody in the least. This is a handy little stick. Sometimes I get really lazy and don't feel like using a body butter and this is so quick and easy to use. I love this because there's no mess or body butter to dig out from underneath my fingernails.