Hard Candy Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer

Hard Candy Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer

3.8

Petrolatum, Lanolin Oil, Tridecyl Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol, Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Isoamyl Laurate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Ozokerite, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Cetyl Alcohol, MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891) Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499)

on 2/19/2017 5:25:00 PM

This is a great dupe for Bye Bye Undereye. It covers very well and has a much better spectrum of shades. A little goes a long way and I've had this for at least six months with daily use O don't think I've used 1/4 of the tube. Covers undereye circles like nothing else I've tried and makes pimples disappear. My only issue is that it is so thick and can by shiny, so a powder is a must for this and very easy to overdo.

I have used this concealer for 3 going on 4 years.. and i LOVES IT! Has been successful enough to save me through work interviews & covered some of my sleeve tattoos, also im so light my cheek veins show badly this GLAMOFLAUGES it Alright ! 2 Thumbs up "Hard Candy" 😀😄😗😜

on 12/29/2016 9:06:00 PM

This is my daily go to. It's the most reliable under eye concealer I have ever found. I feel like I need to stock up on it in case they ever stop selling it BUT I Won't be doing that because when I squeeze it out after its sat I get an oily clear substance that comes out. I have to squeeze it out on a tissue before any color will come out. I've tried leaving it upside down or on its side, Ect...but still the same problem. I love the stuff when it does come out it works great nice coverage and most important it doesn't end up in my creases ever! It stays put and has quite long lasting power. Which makes it my #1 under eye makeup. All the others I have tried end up in my creases after several hours this one does not. I use my ring finger to put this on and pat out.

not for dry skin because it's incredibly thick and kinda dry, but the coverage is amazing. to help make it better for my skin i mix it with fit me concealer. good stuff.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I don't know how anyone is getting "great coverage" out of this pathetic concealer unless they either have perfect acne free skin, or just need help concealing subtle redness or slight imperfections AND don't care if it's completely concealed. It's greasy, doesn't stick to the skin and it never sets. One slight touch and you're naked! That's GREAT on dates where the guy caresses your face and your makeup is just "poof!" Gone! Total fail for me. I took all three tubes I bought back I was so mad!

on 9/15/2016 12:51:00 PM

This stuff is amazing. I had long heard of its awesom concealing properties, and it definitely works.

I have lots of dark spots from past breakouts and a few scars, and this does cover them. I bought the ultra light shade, which is a tad too light for my complexion (it should work better in winter, though), and it's impressive how much it covers.

It almost works too well.

It's very thick and if you use more than the tiniest dot you'll be dabbing it off or spreading it out like crazy -- I discovered that the first time I used it on my undereye circles, but after I had blended it (and even though it wasn't a perfect match for that sort of job) it did make the hollows under my eyes look less obvious (mind you, it took a lot of blending).

To apply evenly it takes more work than your standard concealer. The amount in the tube -- and it comes with a little concealer pencil, too -- is generous, considering how little you need to use.

Sometimes I use it as concealer, and sometimes I add a little squeeze to sunscreen or moisturizer and blend it with a slightly darker concealer and apply all over my face for decent coverage.

It's fairly thick and heavy, more like a paste in a tube, and the real challenge is not to use too much. I don't use it every day, but on days I want more coverage, this is a godsend. Also, when I break a sweat -- even if I'm dripping with it -- I just dab at the sweat on my face and only moisture comes off, but no color.

on 9/9/2016 11:51:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This concealer is extremely heavy duty and pigmented, the trick is to use the tiniest amount and build from there. I use the shade light for under my eyes. I basically squeeze out a little bead the size of the end of the tip for underneath each eye and pat out from there and add if needed. It brightens and covers dark circles, and I don't find it cakey unless I use too much. But again.... The tiniest amount to start!!! This stuff will last forever since you barely need any product to have an impact! I do warn that if you're not using the product and it's just left sitting for months it does separate and I've had to toss a tube in the past, but this time around its all I use and I love it, such a great deal for the price!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have been using this concealer for around 6-7 months now, and I have barely made a dent in the tube. I absolutely love this product. It matches my skin tone well, and it doesn't make my skin look cakey. I honestly prefer this over other high end concealers I have tried. I have also been using it under my eyeshadow and guess what? It doesn't slide around or crease throughout the day. I am hooked. For $6, this product is a steal. Will definitely repurchase!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product twice, because I have bad dark circles and wanted to love this product. Both times, the product squeezed out a weird oily separated concealer, despite shaking it. The colour range it awful , I use tan and am about nc35-nc40, and that is the darkest colour I've seen. But most importantly, this product does not set. I'll use it under my eyes and blend it out as best I can, but it always leaves a sticky gooey feeling on my face that does not set no matter which powder I use and no matter how much I use. Even if I try baking to really set it, it just becomes a patchy mess.

on 8/23/2016 3:17:00 PM

Preface:
I'm NC15-20 and have combo/mildly oily skin.
MUFE 117 / Y225 is my best shade match.
I believe I'm a neutral to cool yellow with some redness on the surface.
Mild redness around the nose, a light touch on the undereyes and the occasional hormonal blemish to conceal.
I prefer a satin finish with a lightweight feel.
I am partial to light to medium coverage foundations.
I prefer foundations with a pump.
I prefer long-wearing foundations, or at least something that fades evenly.

Thoughts:
- I purchased this because 488 Medium Light seemed like a great drug store dupe to MUFE 117 / Y225 (colour wise)
[see https://www.reddit.com/r/OliveMUA/comments/4hvw5s/hard_candy_glamoflauge_concealer_in_488_medium/].
- Probably the cheapest makeup product I purchased. Very affordable.
- Great shade selection.
- Squeeze-tube packaging.
- Somewhere between medium to full coverage.
- Very emollient with a slippery oily-like feel and texture to it. Greasy-even.
- Creases and settles into lines.
- Transfers incredibly easily. Seriously, don't touch your face! Or wear long sleeves.
- Not very long-wearing at all. Disappears in about an hour, maybe less even.

Other thoughts:
- Because of its texture, this may be great for the undereyes or people with dry skin. Can't say that's me.
- Tried to mix it with moisturizer to create a tinted moisturizer. This was a terrible idea. The product is way too slippery to stay on my combo/oily skin.
- Also tried the same with various foundations. Another mad scientist mixing failure. I really like the shade match, but I can't get the product to work for my skin.

TL;DR
Way too oily/greasy to stay put on my combo/oily skin. Love the shade match, but alas, it wasn't meant to be.