LUSH Bon Bon Lip Scrub

LUSH Bon Bon Lip Scrub

3.9

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

it only lasts for a day, next day i woke up with dry chappy lips..
still looking for something better
so far it's rosebud lipbalm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

This is the first LUSH lip scrub I have tried, and I am not really sure what I think about it. It seems to be very dry in my container. I believe maybe it is the formula? It is more dense and flaky. When I take it out to use I have to be careful, because some of it always lands on the sink. Even when I apply it to my lips almost half of it ends up falling off. It does work though making my lips smooth and free of the excess dead skin. I don't know if I would repurchase, maybe if their other ones that aren't limited edition were not as dry.

on 3/21/2011 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I also got this during the post-Christmas sale. It is edible, and it does taste really good, but I don't find it very good at exfoliating my lips. I find it works better once I've already rubbed my lips with a towel and then used this after. I expected it to have a bit more of a liquid consistency that you can actually spread over your lips, but this is like sugar crystals mostly stuck together in the jar and then mostly falls off your lips while you use it (now I use it over my bathroom sink). I'll finish my jar, but won't be buying a lip scrub from Lush again. I'll stick with my towel.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This stuff is amazing! I currently work in Iraq, and recently my lips became chapped, which is weird because I am always keeping them moisturized with burts bees (love that stuff). I will go through phases through seasons of slight chapping but this has been out of control lately. I tried Mary Kay and THOUGHT it worked, erroneous. I got this stuff in yesterday, scrubbed twice, and today, smooth awesome lips! Mary Kay mask, I was chapped again within 20 minutes. This stuff taste absolutely delicious you could eat it! got a bit in my mouth and it didn't taste bad at all! highly recommended if you are going through a chapping phase, I will defintely buy this again.

This lip scrub smells great! It's a strong, lemon sherbert scent, but totally not overwhelming. The packaging is really cute in it's perfect sized 0.8 oz glass jar. The price was good. I got it at a after-Christmas sale, so it was half price, so I got it for $4. The only thing that wasn't so great was the consistency was a little harder and crustier than the other lip scrubs. But I first wet my lips, then put the scrub on, then it works nicely. Afterward, my lips are smoother and lip balm goes on more smoothly. I hope this scrub is back for next Christmas.

The smell and taste of Bon Bon is DELICIOUS. I love how it's actually edible, because honestly that's the only thing that keeps me using this product.
I find it doesn't do much in terms of exfoliating my lips at all, and it's awkward trying to get the product out of the jar and even more awkward trying to prevent it from falling all over the place while you're trying to use it. I'm unsure if I would purchase this product again, I really love the smell/taste but $10 for something that doesn't really work is a bit much.

on 1/8/2011 11:43:00 PM

LOVE LOVE LOVE!! THIS & MY SOFT LIPS!!

on 1/16/2011 12:07:00 AM

Though I do like this product, I'm giving it a low rating simply because i feel throwing in a lttle castor sugar, olive oil and some essential oils does not justify an almost $10(with tax) price tag.
It works, sure, but come on!...i can whip this up anytime on my own...and i can get creative deciding how i want to flavor my lip scrub too! besides i still think a toothbrush with a little vaseline works better.
dont waste your money on this,instead go the DIY route...there are a ton of recipes out there...and you get better stuff for 10 bucks...

Wow. I LOVE this. I know that there are recipes out there for making your own lip scrub, but having attempted many of them and failed, I prefer to leave the scrub-making to the professionals. This smells and taste like lemons--not bitter at all, though. On the contrary, it's quite sweet! The tiniest dab will rid you of any crusty flakes. You rub it on and lick it off--it's DELICIOUS. Afterward, my Maple Taffy lip balm goes on very smoothly. This does not burn or irritate my lips, although many products do. A+! I will use it until I am all out.

It smells and tastes sooo good!! But honestly, it didn't do that much to my lips. And I definitely think these are overpriced!! I did get this one with the buy one get one free sale, which was good, but if I had to buy it without the sale I probably would just because I love LUSH, but I would definitely hesitate.