Revlon Super Lustrous Creme - Siren 677

4.1

on 7/18/2016 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I have a deep, cool complexion, i.e., NW 50, Lancome 155. It looks bright and intimidating for someone as chocolatey as me, but it isn't. Give it a try if you have a similar complexion. It's creamy and you must exfoliate before applying! I did reapply after eating or drinking. This honestly feels like a lip balm! You can make it as pigmented as you want by layering. It's a creme lipstick but I think I'm going to name it matte with a little translucent powder.

on 12/14/2015 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

It's interesting to me that so many reviews call this a bright or vivid orange. If that's what I was looking for, I'd be disappointed by this. (My recommendation would be Moon Drops Orange Flip if you want something creamy and moisturizing or MAC So Chaud if you want something matte.) I honestly can't believe that some of the pictures are actually of this lipstick because I have really pale skin and lips with basically no pigment and it still isn't that intense on me. TLDR; if you're actually into bright lipsticks, this probably won't strike you as a bright orange.

That said, I would call this a bright-ish peach. You can layer it on for some impact, but even then it's definitely a step down from a full-on orange lip. A lighter hand can give a MLBB effect depending on your coloring--I used it this way on my dark-haired, blue-eyed, pale with pink tones friend.

It's a fun and feminine color without being too overwhelming. I own way too many lipsticks, but this is one I keep coming back to. It didn't blow me away initially, but it's very versatile and flattering on pale skin tones. I especially like it for more casual daytime wear with sundresses in the summer or with all black in the winter.

To Read all 59 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I don't wear this often but I bought it back when I was going through an orange lip phase. I usually use it for a gradient lip so it doesn't look as bright orange on me as everyone else. The color is buildable, when applied lightly it gives your lips a sheer wash of color that looks kinda like a natural peachy coral. When fully applied it's a vivid orange with a coral undertone. It doesn't apply patchy, it's creamy and not drying. It lasts until you eat or drink something.

on 8/8/2015 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is a lipstick that I actually bought by mistake.....haha. I meant to grab a Coralberry but this one was in that section.

I haven't worn this lipstick at all outside yet, because I feel like it's too attention-catching. However, I like it better than Coralberry.

Pros:
1. edgy

Cons:
1. too orange and bright for everyday use (perhaps for special occasions it will be better)
2. shade does not suit my skin tone well
3. a bit dry and cakey, I need to exfoliate before application
4. sinks into my lip lines and is visible
5. lips do not feel hydrated after

Edit - I just tried it again, and the color is actually a lot better. Still drying though. I bumped it up to 3 stars.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I had to get this from overseas as it isn't sold in the UK, but even then it wasn't too expensive. First off I love the colour as I have a thing about orange lipstick, it's nice and bright and really brightens up my face. I love Revlon's lipstick packaging as I find it simple and elegant in an old fashioned sort of way. The lipstick itself is smooth and creamy and doesn't dry out my already dry lips. And it smells very little, though if stored with scented lippies can pick up their scent as mine smells of peppermint now. Once I use this one up I have three back ups! I never thought orange would suit my pale skin but I love how it makes me look. :)

on 5/13/2014 5:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

Up until a year ago I was a loyal 'gloss, nude or nothing' lips kinda of girl. Apart from the occasional ice pink, I feared bright lips. This was my first colour purchase and it was such a good choice that it ignited an obsession and I now have a hefty (albeit awesome) collection of lip colours!
I bought this because it was on sale and I had a thing for all things orange at this stage in life. The colour is a beautiful, vintage and vibrant orange. It glides on smoothly and very opaquely, sporting pretty incredible lasting power for a lipstick that does not advertise long lasting qualities.
It does not dry my lips nor does it dry into any creases and it wears off (eventually) really evenly, sort of just fading back to nothing.
The packaging is classic Revlon - packaging is never an issue for me (unless it's a stupid clicky applicator or faulty.) Had it not been on sale I would have walked straight past however as I find Revlon lipstick prices to be ever increasing...
Definitely a repurchase - if it's on sale ofcourse!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hooray for orange lips! I love this lipstick. It is very creamy and goes on so smooth. It also has great pigmentation and is long lasting. I only like myself in very few lipsticks but this is definitely one of them! I'll be stocking up on this one!

on 8/9/2013 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The coloring is very vivid, and has a very orange color to it. I love this color in the packaging, and is fun to wear on days when I don't feel like doing much with my eye makeup, and instead want to bring focus to my lips. The lipstick doesn't have a funny smell which I have found a lot of lipsticks do, and it stays on a fairly long time if you first put concealer underneath.

on 7/10/2013 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I typically have awful luck judging lipstick shades by the package, but this was exactly the coral shade I was hoping for. I can't rave enough about it. It's very long lasting for a lipstick, ultra moisturizing, and the color is a very vintage sort of shade that is actually quite flattering for me. The packaging is pretty standard and doesn't open in my purse or anything. Can't recommend this one enough!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine

It is gong back, because it is just NOT becoming on me at all! I just happened to be wearing a pastel orange top today, & did not want red or plum lips, so I thought I would stop into Target & pick up something to add perhaps an apricot hue to the lipstick I had on- & I was in a hurry, because here in southeast Texas where I was born & currently live, it is already scalding hot, outside by 10:00 am. So I also picked up Apricot Fantasy (which I had never tried, as well) in case I did not like this one. I hurredly swiped this across my lips & looked at myself in pure horror! With my extremely pale but cool & warm tones-AND my naturally graying hair-(people say it looks like ash highlights) I cannot wear anything remotely orange on my face! That said-apricot is a different story-but that will be a separate review. To continue..... the pigmentation is excellent, for a drugstore lipstick & for a lipstick that is not matte, so for many, this $4.99 lipstick in this shade, will be a winner. Just not for me! Note- I think MAC has the best lipsticks-period. And I would rather have a couple of really flattering tubes than have many cheaper less quality lipsticks at least-at this age. That said, I do think for changing shades (say of a staple MAC color) & for casual wear these are excellent!