Pureology Hydrate Light

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
No Image

4.1

Not tested on animals

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Amodimethicone, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Esters, Fragrance, Trideceth 6, Methylparaben, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil (Sunflower Seed Oil), Panthenol, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter (Shea Butter), Cetrimonium Chloride, Tocopherol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Butter, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Rosmarinus Officinalis Extract (Rosemary Leaf Extract), Salvia Officinalis Extract (Sage Leaf Extract), Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG Propyl Silanetriol, Camellia Sinensis Extract (Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract), Limonene, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Benzophenone 4, Linalool, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Helianthus Annuus Seed Extract (Sunflower Seed Extract), Wheat Amino Acids, Mentha Piperita Extract (Peppermint Leaf Extact), Ascorbic Acid, Melanin

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This conditioner is the perfect amount of moisture without weighing down my hair. My hair is healthier, smoother, and less frizzy/fried thanks to this and Hydrate shampoo.

I have a rotation of this conditioner with Hydrate shampoo, the Purify shampoo with Hydrate Light conditioner, and Malibu C scalp shampoo with their hard water conditioner. I shampoo every other day, generally, and rotate through each combo and it keeps my scalp healthy and my ends from being fried, without build up or stripping color.

on 10/29/2015 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have tried the original hydrate conditioner but that version made my scalp itchy with continued use. This is much suitable although I still avoid my roots. It is very moisturizing and you only need a small amount. My hair looks healthy and less frizzy. It could have a better smell, but for the results I think I can deal with it.

on 10/28/2015 3:03:00 PM

Luckily I only purchased a trial size from Ulta, because this is way too thick and rich for my fine hair. I have not tried the regular version, and I was skeptical since this has Shea and jojoba butters, and a few other heavier ingredients listed. For my APL, 2C hair, half a pea sized amount, only on the ends, is more than enough. This stuff is super concentrated and make my hair look like I flat ironed it. It makes my hair very smooth and shiny, but also very flat and thin looking. I think someone of a different hair type would love this. My little 2 ounce bottle will last me a long time since I use such a small amount. I cannot see myself repurchasing this unless I was going to Florida in the middle of summer or something, and needed this level of smoothing. Smells slightly minty. I use it with Pantene Aqua Light shampoo, which is a lighter shampoo, so I can't imagine how heavy my hair would be with this matching shampoo. The 2 ounce bottle costs $7.50, but I had a coupon and ended up paying $6. The 8.5 ounce bottle is around $30.

Ingredients:

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

This is indeed a lighter version of the classic Hydrate (which I love dearly, but is just too heavy for my fine hair). It still smells like the original Hydrate, just without the minty effect (which I personally can do without). However, I could immediately notice a difference from the first time I used it since my hair feels detangled but not weighed down. The formula for Hydrate Light is definitely still quite moisturizing so I make sure to avoid my roots and only apply through the length of my hair down to the dry ends. It's very expensive which makes me a bit annoyed that I love it so much. I think the regular retail price for the normal 8.5 oz bottle is $29.50, but I was able to get it on eBay for $22. I highly recommend this conditioner for people who have fine hair but are still in need of moisture.

on 1/26/2013 2:35:00 PM

I use this conditioner in conjunction with the volume shampoo. It moisturizes my fine hair without weighing it down. It has a very refreshing peppermint scent and it gives your scalp a cooling sensation. What I like about all Pureology products is that they come in travel size so you can try their products without much commitment.

on 4/20/2011 12:34:00 PM

I love this conditioner! I have 2c/3a fine/medium hair and I use this almost daily along with the shampoo and haven't had a bad hair day yet!

on 4/9/2011 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The scent is kind of rosey almost. As for the conditioner, I am still in the middle of trying this conditioner with every combo I can think of to make it work, but thus far it is not wowing me. I have fine/wavy hair-a difficult combo to work with. Even though a small dollop of the regular Hydrating conditioner seems to be fine, I thought this new Light version would be perfection! I have fine hair AND it's wavy/curly-I always go a bit flat on top! Stuff for fine hair is usually not strong enough for me and results in frizz or undefined curly poof. Stuff for curly hair is too strong for me and pulls out all my fine waves. Much to my dismay, this lighter version of the original, is a touch better than your average conditioner for fine hair, but falls just a bit short of that little TINY EXTRA (not a ton more) more conditioning I need to manage my curls. If the conditioner is too heavy, my curls/hair go flat. If the conditioner is too light, my hair is a poofy cotton candy (it needs a little weight, but not a ton). And the Light is not delivering enough weight.

If you have fine STRAIGHT hair...this could be amazing for you. But it is not the HG I was hoping for my fine wavy hair (that I wear curly).

on 1/8/2011 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I've used the hydrate line from Pureology for a while and became aware, recently, of how heavy my hair felt afterwards, but didn't have the energy to switch YET AGAIN to something else - i accidentally picked up a small sample bottle of this (light version) at Ulta, in a hurry, thinking it was the regular hydrate conditioner and was a little disappointed, even, when i saw "light" - - but when i used it, it was SO SO much nicer and easier on my porous hair, not weighed down, lighter and way more manageable. Definitely a keeper. I even switched back to the regular hydrate cond. for a bit and found it to be too much....... sticking with Light.