Pureology Hydrate Light

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
No Image

Not tested on animals

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Amodimethicone, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Esters, Fragrance, Trideceth 6, Methylparaben, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil (Sunflower Seed Oil), Panthenol, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter (Shea Butter), Cetrimonium Chloride, Tocopherol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Butter, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Rosmarinus Officinalis Extract (Rosemary Leaf Extract), Salvia Officinalis Extract (Sage Leaf Extract), Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG Propyl Silanetriol, Camellia Sinensis Extract (Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract), Limonene, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Benzophenone 4, Linalool, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Helianthus Annuus Seed Extract (Sunflower Seed Extract), Wheat Amino Acids, Mentha Piperita Extract (Peppermint Leaf Extact), Ascorbic Acid, Melanin

on 3/25/2015 10:45:00 AM

I am in love! I've tried MANY conditioners, from super high-end salon brands to drug-store lines. I was sick of my hair being frizzy and dry looking. I find it's difficult to find the right conditioner for those of us with fine hair that also highlight (oily scalp with dry ends that can look flat with flyaways). Most are too heavy and weight down our delicate fine hair or too light and leave it a frizzy, dry mess. I highlight with medium/light blonde every 3 months, but my hair is not damaged, just dry.

I went to Ulta and asked one of the salon stylist what they would recommend for my hair type (shoulder length, fine, scalp can be oily, slightly wavy and dry ends from regular blonde highlights). She immediately recommended this line and said the "light" would be better than the regular Hydrate formula for my hair type.

I don't mind the smell, it's minty but refreshing and I didn't notice the smell after I rinsed it out and towel dried. I DID notice a difference in my hair as soon as I got out of the shower and started to brush my hair out after washing/conditioning. (note, I did not buy the shampoo). My hair was not a frizzy mess, instead it brushed out with ease and felt better already! I recently had my hair cut and went about styling my normal way (round brush & blow dryer), it fell into place and looked amazing! I had been using Biolage conditioning balm and my hair still wasn't looking good after styling and I was having to use more styling products to get rid of the frizz. I promptly threw away my old half-used conditioners, including the Biolage, which was almost empty anyway.

Yes, the price is expensive for 8oz, but I only needed a large pea-size for my shoulder length hair. Next time, I'll wait for Ulta to have a sale and then stock up on this baby! I did not buy the shampoo since I read it can be too moisturizing for fine hair. I can see this not working as well for someone with thick hair, but they make a Hydrate regular formula that might be better suited for that hair type.

Overall, if you have fine hair and suffer from dry ends, give this a try, you won't be disappointed! I am in love and think I've finally found my HG conditioner :)

on 2/20/2015 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I hesitate to give this a poor review, but it was not what I was expecting of a "light" conditioner. Do not get me wrong, this is a great conditioner, but I was expecting, well, a lighter version of the original hydrating conditioner, it isn't.
Basically Pureology took the original and put less minty goodness in it. So, if the original is too minty for you, get this one. (And if you want even more minty goodness, get the new ColorProof hydrating conditioner).
If you have fine curly hair like myself, a pea size is more than enough and do not use it with the matching hydrating shampoo as your hair will be way too soft.
On the plus side, this really is super concentrated, the 8oz bottle will last me about 6 months at least as part of my conditioner rotation.

on 8/6/2011 12:39:00 AM

LOVE the potency of this conditioner! Apparently it has 7 intense moisturizers (count that, SEVEN!)
I have naturally wavy, fine, corse hair that's very stubborn when it comes to coming out silky smooth & soft when I step out the shower & this stuff does just that! It does a great job at adding volume & shine as well.
I don't care for the "chemical" smell it has to it, but it does its job. Highly recommend buying the 33oz bottles from a salon since its the best value for the high price. I spent about $50 on it & its lasted me past 6 months already.