Amazing Cosmetics Anti-Aging Primer

4.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Vinyldimethicone Crosspolymer,Dimethiconol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cycolhexasiloxane, Caprylyl Methicone, Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol Acetate (Vitamin E).

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have extremely sensitive skin, yet silicone is not an irritating ingredient for me. If it is for you, then skip this, definitely.

I don't use this every day (its pretty darn expensive for daily use), however I do use it to fill in some small ice pick type scars I have, AFTER I have applied foundation and let it set. I take a tiny dab of this primer and gently swipe it across the scar (very, very gently, else it removes the foundation). Use a flat brush to smooth the edges only, then let it set. Apply a very light powder on top, spritz with setting spray, and it really softens the scar a LOT.

However, it doesn't last all day long as a smooth surface. It does eventually cave in a bit, but it adheres to the foundation so there isn't a drastic shadow in the scar, which makes it far less noticeable than without the primer at all.

But the key to using it for post-foundation is it won't work well with a highly moisturizing foundation. Too much slip, I think. I use it after my Diorskin Nude Air Serum (which tends to be drying) and it works very well, for me.

I do on occasion use this as an all over primer before applying foundation, but not daily.

I don't know that it truly does have anti-aging actions, but I know it doesn't break me out and it does what I want it to, so any anti-aging benefits are a bonus.

My experience is based on having mature, dry to combination skin. I feel that it might not work as well on oily skin because it has so much initial slip to it. And make sure you give it time to set before applying any other products on top.

Definitely get a sample before paying full price though, as it does have a plant extract in it that could be irritating to some skin, and is heavy on the silicones. Thankfully it doesn't break me out, so I'm happy. :)

on 12/21/2015 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This primer is nothing special and works as well as Maybelline Baby Skin. It feels exactly the same and performs identically so there's no question as to which one I will continue to use. Why should I spend the extra $$ for the Amazing primer when Baby Skin is the exact same thing. I have had good results with Baby Skin but am a product junkie so when I saw the Amazing primer in Ulta, I had to give it a go. But there's nothing special about it. As far as primers go, my favorite is Lorac Porefection, which is mattifying and helps control the oil in my T zone. It comes in a huge tube and lasts for many months and it works better than any other primer I've tried (including Smashbox, Hourglass and Porefessional). I will stick with Lorac for the foreseeable future. I did have to give Baby Skin a whirl because who wouldn't be curious about a primer that's $5.99? It does work OK but doesn't give me the same oil control that Lorac does. I do use it when I'm not going anywhere special and it does the job. I will use up the tube, but don't plan to repurchase. For reference, I have purchased the Lorac primer several times now. I'm going to return the Amazing primer to Ulta. I'm simply not satisfied with it. I don't think there are any anti aging ingredients to speak of and if it works the same as a $5.99 product, which one are you going to choose? Wtf? I definitely don't recommend this Amazing primer. It simply didn't do the trick for me.

To Read all 16 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/1/2015 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is the best primer I have ever used. You just need a very small amount and then you can apply all your face makeup perfectly! It makes applying concealer so easy, especially if you use drier concealer (mac studio finish, LM secret camouflage, etc). Everything just adheres to the skin so much better with this primer underneath. It transforms your face into a silky smooth canvas. Needless to say, my makeup lasts all day!

Judging from the other reviews, this simply does not work for some people but I think it's worth a shot to try it. I have very oily, acne-prone, sensitive skin. All of smashbox primers broke me out. :/ This did not break me out or make my face oily..

Only con is the price!

on 5/17/2012 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Nothing special about this primer, i read up reviews on this and people seem to like it so so much, and base on the reviews i purchased this,

tried this on my face and i hated it, felt so oily, maybe because i already have oily skin. i don't know, but this would work great on dry skin people out there, i am still in the search for the right primer =(

on 11/11/2011 3:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

This totally did not work for me. I have very oily skin and used it under powder foundation and in 4-5 hours my makeup slid off my face. I tried it with liquid foundation as well, set with powder and again after 4-5 hours at work, my makeup was 90% gone. The only pros for me when using this product was it didn't break me out and it is oil-free, paraben and fragrance free. I would not recommend for oily skin. However, I would recommend this for dry, combo and sensitive skin types.

I got a very generous sample of this with a purchase at Sephora recently, and I really like it. It feels great going on, and I do feel like my makeup moves less with this under it. I wouldn't purchase this, because primer is not an every day product for me. I just use it when I'm doing very dramatic makeup that cannot move. I do think this is a very decent one though!

on 10/27/2011 12:59:00 PM

OMG!!! the best primer ever!!!!

on 10/19/2011 8:02:00 PM

Why did this not work for me?! :'(

I bought this based on the positive reviews, but unfortunately, it breaks me out quite quickly. Possibly because the ingredient list... (darn me for not getting the silicone-free primer I originally planned on buying)

If you have sensitive skin that is easily irritated, please consider sampling this before using consistently.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

LOVE this primer. The consistency is very fluid and spreads over the entire face while using very little product. I've tried several higher end primers and this is by far my favorite. Versus Photo Finish, it is much more "watery", thus, it feels more moisturizing while also minimizing the appearance of dry patches on the skin. Despite being so moisturizing it actually works very well with my oily skin. I wouldn't say that it absorbs oil, but it definitely doesn't exacerbate any shininess. Provides a lovely base for smooth application of foundation... in fact, I don't think I can wear foundation without this product any longer!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This is the BEST makeup primer I have ever tried in my life! I cannot be more ecstatic about spreading the word! I have tried MAC's Prep & Prime and MUFE HD Primer and none of them have performed as well as Amazing Cosmetic's Primer. I was first introduced to this primer because I purchased Amazing Cosmetic's 'Amazing Concealer' and it contains a .5 oz sample of the primer.

The texture of this primer feels almost like a serum. Almost the same texture as Prep & Prime but it doesn't contain any of the shiny stuff that's in MAC's. I love how easily the primer glides over your face; it doesn't feel sticky or goopy like MUFE's. Also, I really like the packaging. There's a nozzle at the end of the tube and that allows you to control the amount of product being dispensed. A little goes a long way, too. I love the fact that the product is made Paraben-Free, Oil Free, AND fragrance free. The primer doesn't irritate my skin either, it's super lightweight and feels amazing on my skin.

Performance Make-up Wise:
I use MAC's Studio Fix over the primer and also apply MUFE's HD Powder. My makeup lasts all day because of this primer. I haven't changed my foundation routine except for primers, and this is the only primer that TRULY, TRULY makes my makeup last. I don't have to reapply powder or foundation mid-day. All I have to do is blot with some rice paper and my skin just looks perfect.

ALSO-- this product is a two-in-one product: A Primer and A Moisturizer. So $32 for this amazing product is definitely worth it.