MAC Pearlglide - Black Swan

MAC Pearlglide - Black Swan

3.6

on 8/13/2017 12:45:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I usually like all of the Mac eyeliner pencils, but not this one. It went on really smoothly. The color is very rich. As soon as I blink, the eyeliner is not only on my eyelid, it's also below my brow bone making it look like I have a black eye. I will not be buying this again.

on 7/29/2017 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

According to the box, I thought this would be a charcoal eyeliner. However, it has microglitter. I will not purchase

on 4/8/2015 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Very soft eyeliner pencil that glides on smoothly and lasts 8-10 hours before fading. It's a glossy black with silver micro glitter, but the shimmer is quite subtle once applied. Because it's so soft it's hard to get fine, precise lines and needs sharpening frequently. It smudges easily so fabulous choice for a smoky eye, but it also stays on the waterline without running which is a huge bonus. I remove this with either oil or makeup remover soaked cotton pad and it doesn't seem waterproof but does take a bit of work to remove all traces. It always surprises me how much product there is to remove, which I put down to the texture being so soft. Apply with a light hand.

Love the color! its black eyeliner that looks glossy because of the glitter.
unfortunately i cant wear it on my waterline, makes my eyes water like crazy.... actually if the liner gets into your eye, it becomes watery for the next hour.

also the tip is very soft and creamy, I'm worried it will be difficult to sharpen.

i wish this liner was safer and more comfortable on the eye! i would totally repurchase if that was the case.

made in Germany
1.2g/0.04 oz
cost at cosmetic company outlet $11.25

on 3/1/2013 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Loved the color, but this was so irritating on my eyes. The glitter scratched and migrated inside my eye (even though I didn't wear it on my waterline) as well as all over my cheeks. I'm surprised at the amount of fallout, not only the glitter but actual pigment too. And this happened within a half hour and continued on throughout the day. I didn't notice much smudging from where I applied it and the overall integrity of the line seemed to stay put apart from the messy fallout.

I really do love this particular shade with the metallic blueish-silver finish and the glitter. I hate returning it but while I can battle fallout I can't deal with the horrible scratchiness of the glitter particles. I've never had an issue with painful eyeliner glitter before and I've worn Tokidoki and Hello Kitty sparkle-fest liners with glitter that looks and feels a lot larger than the glitter in this one.

on 2/23/2013 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I'm disappointed with this, it's not jet black like Smolder, it's more of a washed out grey black colour. But the main thing I hate is the glitter fallout. Every time I have worn this I end up with glitter on my cheeks, not a good look. Because of this, I can't wear it on my waterline as its very irritating to my eyes and feels scratchy. It looks so pretty when swatched on the skin though, this is why I bought it!

on 11/2/2012 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Not impressed. This is an almost-black eyeliner loaded with glitter that smeared and smudged terribly within two hours of applying.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I wanted to love this product I'm a huge fan of urban decays oil slick however I couldn't. It wasn't really a dark black on my Mufe hd 160 skin it was more of a brownish grey muddled color with slight shimmer. The product applied fluidly and did not tug one pass and was fully opaque but I'd suggest trying before you buy.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've tried many black eyeliners in search of the perfect one.This doesn't necessarily stay on ALL day, however the color is really pretty. It makes my blue eyes look really flirty. I get the most compliments when I wear this one. Wish it stayed a little longer, but for the price you can't beat it.

I live in the tropics (Taiwan) and summer here is humid and extremely hot! I have gone through so many eyeliners and all of them have failed me in the summer months here. I was introduced to this eyeliner by the person at the MAC counter. After applying, I was able to go through the whole day without smudging.