Dior Addict Ultra-Gloss Reflect

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Dior Addict Ultra-Gloss Reflect

3.0

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I have to say I am surprised by the positive reviews on this product. In my opinion this gloss is no better than any $5 to $10 lipgloss from the drug store. I wanted to love it, but other than the packaging I couldn't find anything great about it. I will stick with Mac Lustreglasses.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Yes, it's expensive ($35 CDN after taxes), and yes, it's not very long lasting (1 lippy off for the longevity). However, this gloss is fantastic in terms of texture and color range. It just glides on and the brush applicator takes out just the right amount of product. Furthermore, the case is gorgeous - a clear lucite and silver colored container with the word "Dior" etched on the side, and you do get a fair amount of product for a luxury brand (6.3mL for Dior and 5mL for MAC lipglass).

The line itself has 3 sub-lines: Glow (subtle frost or cream finish but no glitter) - natural, MLBB or nude shades; Pearl (shimmer and frost) - more shimmery, sparkling shades, kind of like the sheerer Chanel Glossimers; and Flash (lots of sparkle) - like YSL Golden Gloss or MAC Dazzleglass, but with finer sparkles.

There is a color for everyone - from the subtlest nude pinks and peaches to dramatic reds and purples, and even the staunchest anti-lipgloss gals seem to at least be okay with this with the fluid, silky texture. It's quite moisturizing, and makes my lips appear full and healthy. I think along with Chanel Glossimers and Buxom Big & Healthy Lip Polishes, these are some of my favorite higher-end lip glosses. My favorites:

Coral Fantasy (pink-coral with golden sparkles, it's a bit like a slightly more orange version of NARS Deep Throat, but as a gloss), Extravagant Grenadine (strawberry candy/warm pink with lots of sparkles), Pink Trench (icy, shimmery ballet pink) and Pink Croisette (natural pink with golden shimmer). continued >>