E.L.F. Professional Eye Liner Brush

Price: $

on 11/6/2016 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I was excited when I saw this $3 angled synthetic eyelining brush. The first time I used it with my gel liner, I thought it was a great little bargain. It locks you into drawing a thicker line of eyeliner than I normally like, but it worked well. Once. But after the first washing, the bristles splayed out and every time I've used it since then, I've wondered if it's even worth the three dollars I spent on it. If you were on a trip and forgot your good brushes, you could buy this at the drugstore just to get you through the weekend, but it's not a high quality brush. The frazzled bristles make any line messy. My favorite eyeliner brush is still the Shu Uemura 2R, which costs $17, but it holds its shape despite hundreds of washings and works perfectly for me every time.

on 11/29/2012 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I actually really like this. First, it's meant for eye liner, and that's what I use it for. Does it draw a solid thin/thick line with one swipe? Definitely not. It's a small brush so it can't hold a lot of gel or liquid liner like a small flat angled one can. However, I still like this because those brushes never seem to make a nice point, while this one does. Actually, that might be all it does since it's so small, but to me, that's worth it. I tried it with gel and liquid and it works well with both (maybe better with liquid) to make a nice clean tail/swoop. I fell this adds a really finished and crisp look so for $3, to save on all the hassle of trying to get a nice point with a brush that's too large!?!? Well worth it. Love that the shaft is bent so it's on an angle. Brilliant.

Update: After using this a while, especially with gel liner that's starting to dry, it is hard to make a point. I think with liquid it's better, and I still use it, but I don't think I'd rebuy. I have some cheap brushes from China (15 for $3) and they have all sorts of liner brushes I can use instead.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I was experimenting when I bought this brush. I generally use a tightly packed angle brush to apply eye shadow as eye liner, but since this brush is designed specifically for the application of eye liner, I decided to make the $3 gamble.

It's very soft, and nice and all, but it leaves a mess on my face! It sprinkles my face with eye shadow, and takes forever to apply the liner. I hope I'll find another usage for this but it doesn't do what it's designed to do. boo....

on 8/21/2011 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This brush is not my favorite for liner because it draws on too thick of a line. I do LOVE IT for applying cream shadow. Great for packing on cream colors.

on 10/29/2010 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I would only buy again because it's dirt cheap and the hair are really soft and in an even line.
However, I purchased this brand new from online and when it arrived, as soon as I picked it up the wooden handle just fell from the metal shaft! Useless packaging!

Popular Makeup Brushes