Cetaphil Restoraderm skin restoring moisturizer

Cetaphil Restoraderm skin restoring moisturizer

4.2

Water , Glycerin , Caprylic , Capric Triglyceride , Helianthus Annus Seed Oil (Sunflower) , Pentylene Glycol , Butryospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) , Sorbitol , Cyclopentasiloxane , Cetearyl Alcohol , Behenyl Alcohol , Glyceryl Stearate , Tocopheryl Acetate , Hydroxypalmitoyl Sphinganine , Niacinamide , Allantoin , Panthenol , Arginine , Disodium Ethylene Dicocamide PEG-15 Disulfate , Glyceryl Stearate Citrate , Sodium PCA , Ceteareth-20 , Sodium Polyacrylate , Caprylyl Glycol , Citric Acid , Dimethiconol , Disodium EDTA , Sodium Hyaluronate , Cetyl Alcohol

on 5/4/2017 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

WOW.

After being repeatedly underwhelmed by various body moisturisers & oils (Aveeno, Cerave (lotion), Coconut Oil, Almond Oil etc.), this product has blown me away.

Cured mild KP on my forearms in one use.

Clean, neutral scent; Super-creamy texture; Long-lasting hydration until you wash it off.

Very well-formulated and with no fragrance or parabens.

Highly recommended for sensitive and reactive skin that needs a lot of hydration.

on 4/16/2017 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I have eczema and am going through topical steroid withdrawal which is making my skin very very dry and flaky. I needed relief and decided to try this product. It absorbs easily into skin and is more of a lotion texture. It does not really moisturize my skin and it stings open sores.

on 12/9/2016 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff broke me out horribly. Horribly. I used it on my shoulders because they are dry but also acne-prone and I might as well have slathered pizza grease on them because by the end of the day I had 100 little whiteheads that had developed all over the area where I applied the lotion. I don't write many reviews but wanted to warn others out there who have similarly sensitive yet very breakout-prone skin. Don't bother with this expensive garbage.

on 1/12/2016 2:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I loved the light smooth texture of this and thought I found an HG cream but there is something off about it. I had a weird feeling on my face sometimes, almost like tingles. It showed up in a few hours then increased as time went on and with heat I guess. We have had cold winter temperatures here but not all lotions are like this. Someone mentioned that the niacinamide ingredient may be irritant, unless they add reservatol. Maybe it's that, but I almost loved the heck out of this lotion. It seemed a tad bit watery on my skin after awhile, I guess that's because it's a lotion.
My skin type was combination oily for a litle while and now it's become kind of dry, despite some oily tendency. I think maybe my skin would be balanced with a product that has no irritating ingredients but also one that's a cream because lotions are too runny. I suspect maybe anything that tingles or slightly irritates probably makes my face react by producing oils.

on 12/26/2015 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

My body skin has become very dry, irritated, and itchy lately, and this moisturizer, together with the body wash, has done a perfect job of restoring my body's moisture level so that I no longer have any problems.

on 7/25/2015 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I purchased this for my face. This is wonderful lotion, unscented, with sunflower oil and shea butter and many other good things. I use it on face and neck, leaves my dry, red skin, so soft. I find this much, much better than CeraVe. I have loved and used Cetaphil products forever, too bad it took me so long to find this. It is a little bit pricy, but worth it.

Pros:
pump bottle
unscented
great ingredients for moisturing dry skin
perfect under foundation
no skin irritation

Cons:
none so far

on 5/14/2015 10:07:00 AM

This stuff is amazing. For my entire life I have suffered from dry, KP prone skin. I have spent hundreds of dollars looking for a solution to my dry skin problem. This stuff is the best product I have ever used. My skin is soft and dry skin patches have disappeared. After reading reviews, I applied the lotion to my face and my skin is AMAZING. Super soft and fine lines have softened.

on 10/22/2014 5:45:00 AM

I don't have dry skin, or any skin problems. I purchased this because I wanted a fragrance free basic moisturiser for the cooler months to use on my hands, face and neck at night. I really liked the list of healing and skin barrier restoring ingredients such as the phospholipids and niacinamide.

No matter what I did, I couldn't make it work for me. I tried using it on damp skin - a pea shaped amount for my face, neck and chest. I tried using it on dry skin, same amount. It doesn't seem to matter how much or how little I use, it never really sinks into my skin. When I wash my face the next morning, as soon as I wet my skin I can feel this slimy layer of Restoraderm slide off. It gave me a few pimples as well. I tried using it as a body moisturiser but I just never felt clean when I had it on, there was always this feeling of it sitting on top of the skin rather than sinking in. I've used the Cetaphil Advanced Hydration lotion and really like that so I don't know what it is about this product but I ended up giving it to a friend.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This lotion achieved what no other lotion has ever done for my hands. When I apply it before bedtime I wake up with super moisturized hands that stay like that all day long, there is no need to reapply this lotion. (unless of course you do some serious maintenance work with your hands) And another thing, I got so tired of all these overpriced anti aging cream concoctions out there that did absolutely nothing for my skin that I decided to try this on my face as I am already using the Cetaphil gentle skin cleaner. This lotion has some great ingredients such as Sunflower, Shea Butter, Sodium Hyaluronate and Ceramides. Yep these ingredients can all be found in department store brands! According to Cetaphil all their products are safe for the face after all it is safe for babies. Within a few weeks (skin needed to adjust to new lotion) of using this my face has never looked better. I am 40+ and this lotion truly made my face look younger, softer and completely hydrated. I am set for live.........unless they start selling creme the la mer for $15...lol.......

My experience with this moisturizer:
1. Absorbs within a few minutes
2. Doesn't cause breakouts (I don't apply it on my acne/cystic acne just around it)
3. Helps prevent my eczema caused by dry skin (I also get eczema went I'm stressed/over heated)

My Skin: My skin is dry/acne prone and I am highly sensitive to the products I put on my face. I also have eczema that can react to irritating sunscreens/moisturizers if I'm not careful. I've recently (within the last yearish) started getting cystic acne along my jawline too.

This is my HG moisturizer! I absolutely love it to death and am so glad I found it. I've been using this since August 2013. It doesn't cause breakouts and it actually moisturizes my skin. I use this day and night (year round) and it takes a few minutes, but it absorbs beautifully into my skin. I should add that I do avoid putting this on my acne just in case because I don't want it potentially make them worse than they already are.

Popular Lotions / Creams