no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

4 years ago

I use this to remove my arm pit hair mostly and it works very well in that regard. I like to sprinkle a little powder before epilating. I feel it helps to reduce the pain and makes it easier to work the epilator. I haven't had much success using it on my leg hair though. My skin is kind of red and bumpy after that and most of my leg hair just break off. I'm hoping it's because I hadn't discovered the trick to use this on my leg hair.

About reviewer (41 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

8 years ago

I would not recommend this for sensitive areas as it hurts a lot. I tried it on my chin hair and it didn't really work, probably because the area is not taught enough, It would hardly get any of the hairs out and it hurt a lot. That being said I just decided to try it on my legs and it works great, it is not painful on the legs, because they are not such a sensitive area, easy to use and painless. I really like it for this purpose, but that is probably the only area I would use it on, due to most other hairy areas are really too sensitive for this.

About reviewer (51 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Coarse

EyesGreen

8 years ago

12/7/14- UPDATE: After 2 years...Still using this device, haven't had to replace it. Still works well and still worth it. When new batteries are needed it loses effectiveness but works like new again once it has fresh batteries. Original review: Thank goodness I decided to try the Emjoi AP-9L Epi Slim. Facial hair is something that has haunted me since my teen years, with the problem getting worse over the years due to a hormonal disorder (PCOS). The item is easy to hold in your hand and light weight. I am writing this review after my first use and let me say I wish I bought years before. I am using this mainly on my face (chin, under the chin down to the neck/throat area, jawline and sides of the face). The number one concern was pain and I am happy to report NO PAIN. Granted- I am used to ripping my hairs out with the "Bellabe facial hair threader" which hurt like a you-know-what. When I turned the Epi Slim on, it was really loud (so, no discrete hair removal!) I thought "jees it sounds like a weed-wacker". I braced myself for the ripping. I felt tugs and a little heat. I thought it wasn't working until I looked at the device and saw all the hairs accumulated in the curve under the little rolling tweezers. I was so pleasantly surprised! The reason why I didn't give this the maximum stars is because its loud and it didn't pick up all my hairs. You have to glide the device in a circular motion and its a little hard to target a stubborn hair. Also, it does irritate the skin (from the circular motion, I'm sure) and begins to feel hot. One thing I liked about it is that its relatively fast to remove the hair. As of right now, my face is a little red but I'm sure after some lotion it will be fine. I just have to go after the stubborn suckers w/ regular tweezers but all in all Emjoi AP-9L Epi Slim is so worth it- great price, great product!

About reviewer (16 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

from

8 years ago

I have been using this for about a month on my armpits once a week. I used to shave my armpits when I didn't have time and plucked them when I did. Because I have experienced the pain of plucking individual hairs, the epilator was a dream come true! This method is so much faster, no pain at all and now my armpits stay very smooth for quite a while! The hairs are growing much less and much thinner. I am not sure which way to turn the machine to epilate and go in which direction though, but it works regardless. About 10% of the hair breaks instead of getting plucked. I am afraid of waxing my armpits, so this is much better. It being so small and portable is amazing.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinVery Dry, Fair

HairOther

2.0

9 years ago

I bought this to take care of my bikini line. I used to get regular waxes, but I'm really trying to save money right now, so I thought this would be a good substitute. Wrong! I can deal with the pain/discomfort, but what was making me mad is that it would pull the hairs, but they weren't coming out. It was only yanking them yet they were not coming out. And they were definitely long enough. I think it was about 50% effective on pulling the hairs completely out. And that's just unacceptable. If I'm gonna go through the pain, the results need to be better than 50%. Waste of $20.

About reviewer (134 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

9 years ago

This is my first epilator. I can't compare it to other epilators but I can say it's pretty awesome. Works best on my underarms. I find it more painful and longer to do than waxing. But I have problems waxing my own armpits, and this is way more economical than getting waxed at a salon. I rarely use on my bikini line. Aside from being so painful, it irritates my skin, which is supersensitive. I never use on my legs. First if doesn't grip the lighter, finer hairs as well. Second it irritates my skin and I would rather shave every day and have smooth It can be messy-there is no catch-cup for the hair, so once they are pulled, they tend to end up on the floor.

About reviewer (236 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

9 years ago

This is probably the cheapest epilator out there, mostly because it's travel size and battery operated. I've never tried epilators before so I didn't want to invest a lot of money in it. I used this for my underarms, and surprisingly epilating doesn't hurt as much as I thought, it's like a fast pricking, not nearly as painful as waxing. The reason I give this a 3 out of 5 is 1) It doesn't pick up the finer hairs 2) It seems a little hard to clean, or maybe I'm not doing it right 3) They instruct you to cut the hair to 5 mm or shorter, which is a problem if the hair's not sticking straight up. Verdict: I think I'm going to try a rechargeable one that you can take the top off of that's easier to clean. This is a nice little travel one for touch ups though, as it says

About reviewer (23 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

9 years ago

LOVE THIS EPILATOR! I use it on my upper lip & armpits & YES it is painful to use the first few times, but you eventually get used to it. Even after just using it for the first time, I noticed my armpit hair grew back slower & thinner. I used to wax my upper lip but it was so bad for my skin since I had extra sensitive skin right about my lip. I ordered this online from walmart & it was about 16$ total w/ free shipping. OH, I forgot to mention that this is the secret to getting rid of dark underarms. That's right ladies! No more shaving = no dark underarms :)

About reviewer (6 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

9 years ago

Just bought this and well yes it is painful it kinda does work.I will give it another chance because i had recently waxed and plucked..I did notice it didnt seem to grab the really super coarse hairs..the upper lip area OMG...cuss cuss cuss...

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal

HairBlond

EyesGreen

9 years ago

I have been cursed with lots of snow white, fine hair all over my chin and upper lip. The hair is so fine that it is impossible to wax without taking a layer of skin off. I read about this little tool on Folica, and when I saw it at Sally Beauty Supply, decided to give it a try. The good news is, it gets rid of the hair on my chin. I use it about once a week. It's not at all uncomfortable, and works really well at getting all those little hairs, which are too fine and white to see to tweeze. The bad news is, when I tried this thing on my upper lip, I thought I would cry like a baby. It was unbelievably painful. I can't recommend it for that.

About reviewer (138 reviews)

Age