Clinique Different Lipstick - Tenderheart

Clinique Different Lipstick - Tenderheart
Different Lipstick - TenderheartDifferent Lipstick - Tenderheart

4.2

castor seed oil - cendelilla wax - caprylic/capric triglyceride - cetyl acetate - isopropyl myristate - beeswax - lanolin oil - myristyl lactate - avocado oil - ozokerite - carnauba wax - acetylated lanolin alcohol - ascorbyl palmitate - tocopherol - bht - [ /- mica - titanium dioxide (ci 77891) - bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163) - iron oxides (ci 77491, 77492, 77499) - carmine (ci 75470) - manganese violet (ci 77742) - orange 5 (ci 45370) - red 22 lake (ci 45380) - red 27 lake (ci 45410) - red 28 lake (ci 45410) - red 33 lake (ci 17200) - blue 1 (ci 42090) - blue 1 lake (ci 42090) - yellow 5 (ci 19140) - yellow 6 (ci 15985) - yellow 5 lake (ci 19140) - yellow 6 lake (ci 15850) - red 7 lake (ci 15850) - red 30 (ci 73360) - red 36 (ci 12085)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE this lipstick shade, and I've worn it for years and years! It's the perfect MLBB for me, and is not too cool or warm on me.

I don't like lipstick that's too dark or bright, It makes me feel self-conscious and is probably because I'm stuck in the 60s, when lips were pale and dark eyes like Twiggy, and 70s, when makeup was very natural-looking and we wore tennis outfits, like Farrah.

It's just perfect, the perfect "nude" for me. Very flattering, and nice texture. It almost feels like a tinted lip balm on. It stays on okay. I guess I usually have to reapply after eating/drinking. There's no scent, which I like.

The only thing that would make it perfect is if it lasted longer and was less expensive.

Dupes supposedly are: Maybelline Wet Shine Diamonds in Pink Topaz, Natural Glow Wood Hyacinth lipstick, Covergirl Spice it Up lipstick, Jane flipstick #3 in Solar Flare, Elizabeth Arden Breathless. But I don't know if all of these are still available.

I received a tester of this for free with a skin care purchase and it has inadvertently become my go to lipstick for the office and night-time.

on 6/4/2015 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

My mom gave me a gwp of this and I was surprised by how wearable the shade is. In the tube it looks much darker than it does on my lips. A nice orangey light brown that doesn't wash out my skin like a lot of darker lipsticks tend to. Not sure if I would purchase when I run out bc I usually wear tinted glosses but worth considering for sure.

on 8/25/2015 9:48:00 PM

This ends up in a lot of Clinique GWPs so I've never had to purchase it. It's a deep nude with a hint of bronze sparkle and it applies smooth and creamy straight from the tube. Staying power is average. I wouldn't call it an exciting shade -- it's a workhorse but a reliable one. A score whenever you can get it for free!

I got this on a whim during a trip to Hong Kong in 2010 because it was on sale and it looked like a shade that would suit a lot of women (meaning I can give it to my Mom or my sister if need be). It looks darker and more brownish in the tube, but when I tried it on, it was a "my lips but better" shade. Love! I finished the tube pretty quickly because I consistently wore it at work. Staying power is not great as it has some slip, but I didn't mind retouching and the formula is buildable. I'm quite disappointed that I didn't buy more in HK. I've tried to look for the same shade in my country but the Clinique shops/booths were either out of stock or I'm scrimping at the time and didn't want to spend a lot on lipstick. I may take the plunge soon & finally get my 2nd tube!

on 5/3/2015 7:43:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I wore this for years and years and years in the 90's and am revisiting it now that the 90's lip is back in style. Great shade...I will probably always keep a tube of this as long as Clinique keeps it in production.

I had run out of a drugstore sheer lippie by Cover Girl and when I got this as GWP, it was perfect. I'd call it a sheer, slightly orange tinted (but natural) brown. Looks great with my fair-medium yellow undertones, green eyes and blonde hair. For days when I get sick of wearing pink lippies! I'd never pay full price though.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely LOVE this lipstick! 1 thing to know though is, color is different in the store than it looks "outside". I use Tenderheart all the time and wouldn't change brands if I were paid to!

When I had darker hair I used Double Fudge, but since my hair is now lighter 3-shades of blonde (to blend the white roots easier at my age of 54) Tenderheart is the exact beautiful color that loves me! I've never found a decent lipstick that didn't have an odor or nasty taste...look no further! I've been using Clinique's lipsticks and "Almost lipsticks" for many years. Nobody comes even close to having this quality.

The price isn't cheap, as it's not a cheap product. You get what you pay for, as I've learned. If it looks/tastes bad, how many x's are you going to buy it? I only need a couple of these per year.

Nice brown....looks good.

on 1/18/2014 7:52:00 AM

I have the silver ribbed tube of lipstick in spice and use the clinique lip liner in root beer. This is my HG lipstick. As with ANY lipstick, it doesn't last forever, you must reapply maybe a couple times throughout the day. Does not dry my lips out and the color payoff is great. I prefer bronzers to blush year round and this color complements that look well. I've tried a lot of lipsticks from high end to wet n wild. Nothing against most of them, but Clinique has a winner here. I have tried other colors in this line and seems spot on with my fav-Spice.