Hard Candy Eye Def Glitter Eyeshadow in Robot

Hard Candy Eye Def Glitter Eyeshadow in Robot

3.4

I bought this in the color called Sprinkles, Its a red glittery color. I stumbled on using red eyeshadow years ago by accident and find it hard to find, but with blue eyes it can look amazing. When I saw this, I snapped it right away. All though the color is beautiful, the shadow itself is disappointing. It goes on kind of dry and pasty and I am still trying to figure out the best way to apply it, as the applicator isn't that great and it dries very quick so its hard to spread if you are going to wing it out or apply in crease. I am thinking that putting the product on a qtip might be the best as you can get a more defined line or area before dries on you.

The tube is interesting. It resembles a test tube. The lids is rounded and the tip of container is round which sucks because it would have ben nice if lid was flat so that it could stand upright and not tip over.

Love that its cruelty free, yay !!!!! However, I probably won't rush out to but this again. Will look for a powder alternative.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

Okay, I just got this today at Walmart, so my review is only after one application but this stuff seems like it will be my HG glitter eyeshadow! I bought the light beige one called "WHAT SANDY SAYS GOES" #421 to layer over other eyeshadows to perk them up (I wear glasses so eyeshadow needs extra perking!) What I like about this is that it DOESN'T flake off, the base is creamy white and the small sparkles are gold (the sparkles are not gaudy, they are subtle). When I put it on my hand and then later my eyelids, it stayed put and didn't budge/flake off like many other glitter shadows do once they dry. I hope the consistency stays as I use it, because I can imagine it would be harder to spread once it dries out. Otherwise, for over darker colors, this glitter shadow ROCKS! (So, if you buy it and it is clumpy or at all dried out, I would return it immediately because the consistency right now of this new tube is very creamy and easy to spread.)

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Got these in pool boy. I swatched it on my hand, as I was washing it off, I saw it stained my hand!?! It has great pigmention and all but I don't want blue stained eyelids. If only it didn't stain....*sigh* I love the packaging. It pretty long lasting. But just because it stains my eyelids I won't buy again.

Trying these vibrate colors out were fun. Im actually using the shade Pool Boy today, a deep metallic blue. At first I did not like them because they creased on me, it looks bad and stained my eyelid after i took it off. That was because I just was in a rush to try it out. I recommend 1. USE A BASE! perferably one oil free and kind of dry cause oilyness will create creasing with these 2. use a light layer, it is pigmented you do not need to reapply. In addition I love how the applicator is pointed and easy to use. You can actually go under the eye to complete the look, apply mascara and your good to go!

I'm not usually a negative nancy but I have a lot of Hard Candy makeup because I'm a drugstore make up type person (cheap lol), but this is the only product I found by Hard Candy so far that I am disappointed with. Its clumpy, pasty, and the applicator is messy. I love glitter but this doesn't go on evenly or smoothly. It's rough (duh it's glitter) but the consistancy of this is chunky and pasty which is probably why i'm disappointed.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

While it's a little flashy for regular day wear, this product is AMAZING for when you really want that dramatic look. I originally bought it at the last minute before work (the night's theme was "blue" so I bought this in Lagoon) because I wanted a powerful, glittery look but didn't have any blue eyeshadow. When you apply it, be very careful not to put on too much or it will clump and crease. I was unsure of how it would work out but I ended up loving it! I plan to purchase it in more colors. The glitter is noticeable without being overly gaudy and the colors is very vibrant. It didn't flake off either, which is a major plus because no one wants glitter in their eyes. The shadow lasted all night (8pm-4am) without smudging or looking gross and came completely off with a little makeup remover.

on 11/13/2011 1:28:00 AM

This product is fun, but that's about the extent of it. I bought this product in Ditch, a golden bronze color. I didn't realize it was a cream/liquid shadow, otherwise I would not have purchased it. I decided before I'd actually wear it somewhere, I'd practice. The very first time, the wand had way too much product on it and it looked horribe. The second time, I was a lot slower and used less, and then on top of it I put some purple eyeshadow, and it looked alright. For the real thing, I was super patient and slow. I still made a mistake, but it was easily corrected with a little water and a Q tip. I will say, if your eyes have any signs of aging or UV damage, this product will make the creases more obvious. It does dry up and flake a bit throughout the day, and loose glitters do go around the eyes, but it's not really a big deal. When I apply it, I only put a solid streak of it over my eyeliner, and different shadows above it. I think it looks more fun that way. Also, when you first put it on, run the wand over the tube a bit, you don't need much at all.

Mine is in Algae. I have not been brave enough to use this product by itself because I am afraid of creasing. I use it underneath my green eyeshadow to add a little bit more pizazz. I trust it the more I use it, so eventually I will be brave and wear it by itself. I just will have to let it dry between the coats, and use primer! :)

on 3/19/2011 1:11:00 AM

I love this stuff! I bought it in the colour Liar which had a dark cream base and is rich with antique gold glitter. I used it as a liner and it stayed put. The glitter didn't flake off at all! The only reason I didn't give it a 5 is because I didn't like using it as a shadow. I wish they had this product in black with silver glitter!

on 1/19/2011 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Yikes! I didn't pay for this stuff, but if I had I would be returning it. Try to apply it thin and it looks patchy; try to layer it and it clumps, creases, then flakes off. Pretty gross. I may try it as a liner, but as an eyeshadow it doesn't work at all. I'm just glad it washes off so easily!