Boots No. 7 Exceptional Definition Nutrient Enriched Mascara

Boots  No. 7 Exceptional  Definition Nutrient Enriched Mascara

3.8

My favorite mascara I've found.... And I've tried a lot of them!!!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Love this mascara! The brush is absolutely awesome; it has long bristles on one side for volume, shorter ones on the other side to get rid of clumpiness and a spiky ball to catch the little lashes. The packaging is alright I guess and the shape of it is unique but when mine arrived in the post, some of the writing had rubbed off. It's super easy to apply and easy to remove so I don't recommend crying with it on! The price is a little expensive for me considering I earn all my money from car washes and mowing the lawn. From boots you can get it for over ten pounds but off ebay I got it for for pounds!
To be honest, there is actually nothing bad about the mascara itself, the only bad bits are the dull packaging and price. After two coats it creates beautiful, thick, voluminous lashes which look stunning! Definitely buy it if you can!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

WONDERFUL!! My HG mascara! I ended up throwing out my tarte mascara because this one made me so happy. It's got a double sided brush, so I use the thicker end to apply the mascara and the thinner end to comb through the lashes. It's very black, doesn't smear when I blink, comes off easily, and looks so beautiful. It flutters just the right amount at the edges and very rarely clumps. Love it! LOVE it!

on 9/28/2015 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was using the No. 7 in the purple tube (don't remember the exact name) and thought i would try this one in the teal tube. I bought it in the wrong color (black brown) and I much prefer black, being that I have black lashes, dark brown brows, and dark brown hair. Turns out I really like it! It makes my lashes look long and fluttery without a clump in sight, just the way I like 'em! I went back today to purchase this in black, because I would much rather have this in black, even though the black brown works nicely.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I.love.this.stuff. I saw a u tube review of another Boots mascara (called SEVENTEEN Falsifeye HD) that was phenomenal. It MAY have been a slightly different formula/wand but is not available yet in the States so I was bound and determined to try ANY Boots mascara. I was thrilled when I found out Target carries the No. 7 brand. I prefer a bit cheaper mascaras than this; but, really, this was not a bad price ... esp. for something that I also consider HG. I was actually after the No. 7 Extreme Length but it was not in store and this one had the same wand. Or looked like it did. And it may be the wand that I love. I am not a prolific user of mascara so take my opinion for what it's worth; but part of my reason for not being a huge user is not liking something that looks "fake" (as such, this is def. a defining mascara, not a VOLUME one). This stuff def. makes my eyelashes stand out (and, admittedly, they are thin. I need to try some Latisse!), but doesn't make me twitch from looking like not myself. Honestly there are so many different mascaras out there, I tend to think nobody really knows if paying more is really worth it (and I mean a LOT more than $5-7). I'll never know because I refuse to pay $50 for Guerlain Noir G or $34 for Lancome.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

I'm onto my third tube of this stuff - it is my HG mascara. Unfortunately I live in Australia and so it is hard to get my hands on but it is just simply the best mascara I have ever tried. For everyday I really aim for the 'my lashes but better' look and this is exactly what this mascara provides. If you are going for a dramatic look, this won't be the mascara for you. My lashes are defined, lengthened a little bit, and not at all clumpy or spidery. I also like the way it wears, it still defines the eyes really nicely even though it has worn off a bit by the end of the day (which I think may be due to my glasses as this wearing seems less evident when I don't wear them.) The mascara gets better as it dries out too, which is always a bonus.
The wand is also hands down the best mascara wand I have ever used, it has three different components (I guess thats the right word?) - long bristles on one side, short on the other, and a ball at the end. I use the side with the longer bristles first to give some volume and then use the shorter bristles on the other side to separate my lashes and lengthen them, and then the ball at the end I use for lashes at the outer and inner corners of my eyes. It is really perfect, I have used some other mascaras after using this one and it really made me realise how great the wand is once you master how to use it to its full potential.
The packaging claims that the mascara is 'nutrient enriched' to help strengthen your lashes or something. This was not a selling point for me, to be honest I thought it was a gimmick, but I think that there might be some truth to it. Its not going to make your lashes amazing all of the sudden, but I did notice after using it for a couple of months that my lashes were in a better condition. Whether or not it really is making my lashes stronger, it is just a great mascara so I will continue to formulate ways to get it despite living in Australia! Honestly could not recommend it enough.

on 5/9/2014 7:42:00 AM

I note most of the reviews are from pre-2012 and describe a freebie product. I'm telling you about the one I bought two weeks ago which is the BEST mascara I've used in ages. Gives amazing length and definition and NO clumps. Doesn't flake and is easy to take off. If it's a really thick, false lash effect you're after you won't like this but if you want separated, defined lashes this is perfect. It's not one of those wimpy 'natural' mascaras - i.e. doesn't do anything! - so two coats will really make a difference. I love it

Got this as a freebie, which is good as I'd never buy it. It clumps a lot, and doesn't last very long. Maybe because mine is a little old so no longer has its original consistency. Not a fan. Very thick and gloopy texture.

I personally use this mascara a lot. It is so much better than some others for the same price or more. I love the way my lashes look.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

If your looking for a mascara that will give you thick volumptuous lashes then this isn't the one, what it will do however is give you very defined long lashes.

The wand has one side which has extra long fingers on it which really help separate the lashes so they look very natural with no clumping. I love this when i want a natural makeup look, but if your after thick lashes then this one really won't do.

Its a good product for the money, does what it says on the tin but won't blow you away