MAC Satin - Her Blooming Cheek (A Tartan Tale)

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
MAC Satin - Her Blooming Cheek (A Tartan Tale)
Satin - Her Blooming Cheek (A Tartan Tale)Satin - Her Blooming Cheek (A Tartan Tale)Satin - Her Blooming Cheek (A Tartan Tale)Satin - Her Blooming Cheek (A Tartan Tale)Mac Blush in Her Blooming Cheek. Mac lip liscious

3.8

on 1/1/2013 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I really like this blush. I actually received it as a gift, so I'm unsure what the price was at the time. This is a limited edition blush. It's a very bright hot fuchsia pink. It's very pigmented, so it does need to be applied with a light hand. I tend to take a flat top brush (i.e. E.L.F.'s powder brush of their studio line [$3 USD]), place the bristles on top, and wiggle the brush a bit to pick up the pigment. After that, I dab some of the excess onto the back of my hand and then apply it on the upper part of my cheek. I have, I suppose, plushy cheeks (I'm told very pinchable, haha) and I do not put blush at the apples of my cheeks; I use it to provide a flush of color while slimming my face structure a bit... hence, I find that putting it directly under my cheekbone, towards my hairline to be the most flattering application for myself.

I definitely recommend this product for most skintones; when applied very lightly, paler skintones can pull this off and darker skintones can apply this wonderfully. It really is a great blush.

on 12/10/2010 12:17:00 PM

When I first bought this, I thought I liked it! I wore it and got a few compliment on it but more and more I started to notice that it just didn't work nicely on me, the color was too red. I gave this to my sister and this looks gorgeous on her, we wear the same foundation shade so I'm not sure why it didn't work well for me? Weird.
I am starting to notice that the matte and sheertone finishes from Mac aren't translating very well on my skin..I can't figure it out. Anyway, I would still give this a shot because I have seen this color look beautiful on NC40/42 skin but for whatever reason just did not work for me!

on 11/25/2010 6:44:00 AM

I LOVE this blush - despite how scary it looks in the pan! I think its a unique shade that would be hard to dupe and Im glad I snapped one up in a swap when I got the chance.
I am NC35 with dark brown hair and dark brown eyes and I think this blush suits me a lot.
I used my 188 (small duo fibre stippling) brush to apply and you literally only need to touch the bristles in the pan and lightly sweep for a lovely, healthy bright glow - but its suprisingly not clownish or OTT (obviously this is only the case if you apply with a light hand). I have not tried it with other brushes such as the 129 or my ELF complexion brush which I love. I imagine that as this is super pigmented the best brush to use is a stippling brush or maybe even a fan brush.
I cant see this running out anytime soon but if I did hit the pan I would try to be buy/swap this again as its lovely.
I like the fact that its matte too - that way if shimmer is not your thing or not right for the occasion then you are good to go - or you can always add a MSF or similar product on top of it.
I wish the packaging was special seeing as this is a LE holiday blush from the Tartan Tale collection, but never mind. I can cope with the normal black packaging (lol!).
I would say if you are pale still give this is try as it can give a natural and lovely flush to the cheeks and if you are darker than me then DEFINATELY give it a go as it will show up nicely and can be built up if necessary!
Dont be scared....if you get the chance then give it a try!
Thanks MAC :-)

I love this color! It is just a nice wash of pink, although I find that I have to apply more than it seems the average person does. I don't like it as much as tippy, but it's still a great color if you have a light hand. If you are super pale i could see it looking very hot pink though. It's great because it isn't full of sparkles. It's hard to find nice colors that have sparkles.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

HG! HG! This is the PERFECT blush for me! I have been looking *forever* for a blush that gives me that just-came-in-from-the-cold flush, and this is definitely it for me! I am NC15 with olive undertones. I will probably never go through this pan because it is crazy pigmented, but I'm still debating buying a back-up, because I would be seriously heartbroken if I ever ran out/something happened to it!