MAC Cosmetics Satin - Her Blooming Cheek (A Tartan Tale)

Filtered by skin type : Combination
MAC Cosmetics Satin - Her Blooming Cheek (A Tartan Tale)
Satin - Her Blooming Cheek (A Tartan Tale)Satin - Her Blooming Cheek (A Tartan Tale)Satin - Her Blooming Cheek (A Tartan Tale)Satin - Her Blooming Cheek (A Tartan Tale)Mac Blush in Her Blooming Cheek. Mac lip liscious

4.6

This has to be the most pigmented blush I have ever owned. It`s such a gorgeous bright fuchsia pink that is surprisingly easy to wear and stays on for such an incredible long time. I can`t imagine ever using this up, but if I were to lose it I would hunt eBay for another.

on 7/8/2011 6:58:00 AM

I wish this was not limited edition. I have two backups of this now, as I just purchased one on Ebay. This lovely blush is the only one I have ever owned that does not oxidize on my face, every blush I have ever owned turned orange after a short time, period. Not only that, it will last a very long time, I only need to tap my powder blush into the container lightly two or three times and apply, and voila, I have the most lovely flushed natural looking cheeks. I am NW20.

I hope Mac brings this back.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

very bright fuchsia color. light hand is needed. looks very good on every skin tone. and the best part is...........................................................ITS SATIN!!!! ALMOST NO SHIMMER! i love very bright blushes that are either matte or have a satin finish. i dont like blushes that have shimmer but that's just me. would buy again but it was limited addition and is no longer sold at mac. i got mine through ebay and i payed alot for mine. anyway i really recommend this blush

on 1/13/2011 3:16:00 PM

This looks a little scary but is va va voom and looks beautiful. All you need is a little bit on your brush and voila - very pretty pink cheeks and you don't end up with that Kim Kardashian OTT blusher look either. It is ever so slightly purplish...but only very very slightly and unnoticable. It wouldn't work on very fair skinned or freckled women but for women with skin which is at least medium/tanned in colour, and darker, it will look lovely. The price was also not too bad considering it will last you forever. So my vote is a yes! :D

on 12/10/2010 12:17:00 PM

When I first bought this, I thought I liked it! I wore it and got a few compliment on it but more and more I started to notice that it just didn't work nicely on me, the color was too red. I gave this to my sister and this looks gorgeous on her, we wear the same foundation shade so I'm not sure why it didn't work well for me? Weird.
I am starting to notice that the matte and sheertone finishes from Mac aren't translating very well on my skin..I can't figure it out. Anyway, I would still give this a shot because I have seen this color look beautiful on NC40/42 skin but for whatever reason just did not work for me!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This blush is an absolute standout from MAC blushes!
It is a gorgeous fuchsia, but warm enough on my NC30 skin to glow my skin from the within. It is not quite red enough for me to give that "just-came-in-from-the-cold" look, but it is still beautiful to give me a healthy flush to my cheeks.
Do apply lightly however, since this "satin" finish may produce clown cheeks. I use a stippling brush and only lightly tap in once or twice, almost as pigmented as NARS blushes!
Decent staying power too!
One of my favorites for the winter for sure :)

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

This is a very unique color, and lovely one too. It is scary looking, but with a light hand (use a duo fiber brush) it imparts a very pretty plumy pink color. It is bright, but not clownish-bright, nor un-natural looking. I won't buy again becos this is going to last me forever, plus it is limited edition I think.

on 11/25/2010 6:44:00 AM

I LOVE this blush - despite how scary it looks in the pan! I think its a unique shade that would be hard to dupe and Im glad I snapped one up in a swap when I got the chance.
I am NC35 with dark brown hair and dark brown eyes and I think this blush suits me a lot.
I used my 188 (small duo fibre stippling) brush to apply and you literally only need to touch the bristles in the pan and lightly sweep for a lovely, healthy bright glow - but its suprisingly not clownish or OTT (obviously this is only the case if you apply with a light hand). I have not tried it with other brushes such as the 129 or my ELF complexion brush which I love. I imagine that as this is super pigmented the best brush to use is a stippling brush or maybe even a fan brush.
I cant see this running out anytime soon but if I did hit the pan I would try to be buy/swap this again as its lovely.
I like the fact that its matte too - that way if shimmer is not your thing or not right for the occasion then you are good to go - or you can always add a MSF or similar product on top of it.
I wish the packaging was special seeing as this is a LE holiday blush from the Tartan Tale collection, but never mind. I can cope with the normal black packaging (lol!).
I would say if you are pale still give this is try as it can give a natural and lovely flush to the cheeks and if you are darker than me then DEFINATELY give it a go as it will show up nicely and can be built up if necessary!
Dont be scared....if you get the chance then give it a try!
Thanks MAC :-)

I love this color! It is just a nice wash of pink, although I find that I have to apply more than it seems the average person does. I don't like it as much as tippy, but it's still a great color if you have a light hand. If you are super pale i could see it looking very hot pink though. It's great because it isn't full of sparkles. It's hard to find nice colors that have sparkles.

on 11/21/2010 11:28:00 AM

Like another reviewer, I also made the mistake of asking a MAC associate to swipe this on my cheeks. As a NC20, I thought there was no way such a neon-bright, cool-toned blush would look good on my skin. And holy crap, IT LOOKED BEAUTIFUL. A lot of warm pinks disappear or look "too natural" on my skin, but this blush created the most lovely, doll-like, fresh-out-of-the-cold pink flush. I immediately bought one and have been considering going back to MAC for a back-up. Get this, everyone! A little goes a long way and it gives such a fresh, youthful flush to cheeks. It's definite HG territory.

Popular Blush Products