MAC Satin - Her Blooming Cheek (A Tartan Tale)

Filtered by age: 19-24
MAC Satin - Her Blooming Cheek (A Tartan Tale)
Satin - Her Blooming Cheek (A Tartan Tale)Satin - Her Blooming Cheek (A Tartan Tale)Satin - Her Blooming Cheek (A Tartan Tale)Satin - Her Blooming Cheek (A Tartan Tale)Mac Blush in Her Blooming Cheek. Mac lip liscious

4.5

on 1/1/2013 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I really like this blush. I actually received it as a gift, so I'm unsure what the price was at the time. This is a limited edition blush. It's a very bright hot fuchsia pink. It's very pigmented, so it does need to be applied with a light hand. I tend to take a flat top brush (i.e. E.L.F.'s powder brush of their studio line [$3 USD]), place the bristles on top, and wiggle the brush a bit to pick up the pigment. After that, I dab some of the excess onto the back of my hand and then apply it on the upper part of my cheek. I have, I suppose, plushy cheeks (I'm told very pinchable, haha) and I do not put blush at the apples of my cheeks; I use it to provide a flush of color while slimming my face structure a bit... hence, I find that putting it directly under my cheekbone, towards my hairline to be the most flattering application for myself.

I definitely recommend this product for most skintones; when applied very lightly, paler skintones can pull this off and darker skintones can apply this wonderfully. It really is a great blush.

on 6/15/2011 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

LOVE. So pretty, no shimmer, and every single time I open up the compact I get so happy at the bright pink that greets me.

I'm quite pale with green eyes and lots of dark, curly hair. It gave me a fresh-scrubbed look, made my eyes seem brighter, made my skin look porcelain instead of sallow - very cute.

I can't get myself to go back to peaches and corals and light pinks even though its summer. I just love this.

I'm make-up-challenged, but bought the correct brush and its pretty easy to apply. I just stop right before I think I have enough on.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

very bright fuchsia color. light hand is needed. looks very good on every skin tone. and the best part is...........................................................ITS SATIN!!!! ALMOST NO SHIMMER! i love very bright blushes that are either matte or have a satin finish. i dont like blushes that have shimmer but that's just me. would buy again but it was limited addition and is no longer sold at mac. i got mine through ebay and i payed alot for mine. anyway i really recommend this blush

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This color is sooo pretty and pigmented. Looks amazing on my nc 30 skin. [: i would buy this again, but it takes so little for such a beautiful look, this will last me forever.
This makes me look like im glowing or just ran, but i blushed in just one specific place. lol
My HG blush is mac's cremeblend blush in Florida, and this is like Florida in a powder form. AMAZINGGGG.
I know this is pretty easily dupable though and mac is coming up with another one very similar and less red than this in an upcoing collection.

on 1/13/2011 3:16:00 PM

This looks a little scary but is va va voom and looks beautiful. All you need is a little bit on your brush and voila - very pretty pink cheeks and you don't end up with that Kim Kardashian OTT blusher look either. It is ever so slightly purplish...but only very very slightly and unnoticable. It wouldn't work on very fair skinned or freckled women but for women with skin which is at least medium/tanned in colour, and darker, it will look lovely. The price was also not too bad considering it will last you forever. So my vote is a yes! :D

I really like this blush. It is very pigmented though so i find a light hand is a must, but it gives (surprisingly) a natural pink flush to the cheek, and really brightens the face. I said i wouldn't re-purchase simply because i can't imagine myself hitting pan- such little product is needed everytime that i could see it lasting for ages. I think this shade would suit a lot of skintones- very universal.

on 1/5/2011 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is an amazing blush! its limited edition from the tartan tale collection, which makes me sad, although I think it will last me a looooooong time. I was a little hesitant about getting this blush because although I have light skin I have warm undertones and this is advertised as being a blue-pink which should not be flattering plus it looked Fushia in the pan. However after reading the reviews here and having purchased a fan brush I thought I'd give it a shot. I'm so glad, I did because I love how it looks! I need a very light hand but the pink turns out beautifully giving me a healthy rosy glow. I also love that it has a satin finish, meaning theres no glitter in it which is a plus for me because I have rather large pores. I would definitely recommend this to others and I feel with proper application it can suit a wide range of skintones. If you weren't able to get it this time around I wouldn't fret because sure enough some will probably end up at the cosmetic comany outlets, on ebay or even up for swapping:)

on 12/10/2010 12:17:00 PM

When I first bought this, I thought I liked it! I wore it and got a few compliment on it but more and more I started to notice that it just didn't work nicely on me, the color was too red. I gave this to my sister and this looks gorgeous on her, we wear the same foundation shade so I'm not sure why it didn't work well for me? Weird.
I am starting to notice that the matte and sheertone finishes from Mac aren't translating very well on my skin..I can't figure it out. Anyway, I would still give this a shot because I have seen this color look beautiful on NC40/42 skin but for whatever reason just did not work for me!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

tartan tale colection only got to my country 2 weeks ago, so i bought this blush today and i'm in LOVE! i originally went to the store to buy my highland honey, but since my skin is somewhere between nc42 and nc45 it just didn't show up at all....so i tried this one and i felt in love right away! i also have the bite of an apple but this one is much more pigmented, i just feel like i dont have to swirl the brush so many times to get some color that actually shows up on the skin.... BUT i do love them both!!!

If i ever run out of this color i would def buy it again ... but you need the slightest bit of product to do both cheeks ... this gives me that perfect Kardashian pink cheek i have been looking for ! I have Full Fuchsia but it is too reddish for me. ( NC37 skin) The slightest swipe is just enough for that cute pink cheek!