Fresh Fresh Brown Sugar Lip Polish

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Fresh Fresh Brown Sugar Lip Polish

3.9

-Sugar: A natural humectant and skin-soother that helps prevent moisture loss, buffs away dry flakes. -Meadowfoam Seed, Jojoba Seed, and Grapeseed Oils: Nourish, hydrate, and protect. They absorb into the skin rapidly and restore suppleness to dry, rough, and damaged skin while locking in moisture. -Shea Butter: An extremely effective moisturizer that acts as a protective shield to restore suppleness to dry and damaged skin. -Vitamin E: Helps prevent the breakdown of collagen and elastin by defending against wrinkle-causing free radicals. Sucrose, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Isononyl Isononanoate, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Molasses, Fragrance (Parfum), Nylon-12, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Limonene*, Benzyl Alcohol*, Linalool*, Citral*.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have a feeling this is a cult product in the making here. I am very impressed with this new offering by Fresh. I pretty much gave up on lip scrubs after I realized I had a drawer full that never did anything for my lips. All of them were nothing more than jars of oil with maybe 5-10 sugar granules mixed in for exfoliation (what a joke)! I would laugh as I removed the oily mess from my lips each time, (and wanted to smack myself for getting sucked into yet another useless lip scrub). I've tried toothbrushes, buf puf's and all kinds of gadgets and scrubs. None of them left a lasting impression.

Because this just looked so delectable at Sephora, I had to try it. I love the smell and feel of Fresh's lip products already, so this was too hard to pass up. When it arrived, I knew right away this one was going to be very different. The jar is small, however a little goes a very long way! Inside of this jar is an intoxicatingly fresh, stiff scrub loaded to the gills with rich brown sugar crystals. The presentation alone is impressive. When you open the jar, it looks like pure whipped brown sugar. It smells absolutely incredible. The feeling is like no other scrub I have ever tried. This one is jam packed with rich, fresh, brown sugar crystals that truly exfoliate to actually do some real repair!

This is the first scrub that actually gives you enough crystals to make a difference! This scrub is loaded with intensely moisturizing ingredients that actually penetrate your chapped lips in a way that I have never experienced before. I could not believe how my lips felt after one 5 minute treatment! I do not exaggerate when I tell you that this is the one! My lips feel brand new! I cannot get over how smooth and soft my lips feel right now! Not only is this a complete pleasure to use because of the sheer freshness and smell of the scrub, but its like giving your lips a complete spa treatment. The only downside is the packaging, which is a tiny jar. It's actually a very cute little jar, however it gets harder and harder to dig the product out when you start to get low (especially if you have nails). I will need to get a little spatula or tiny spoon for future use. I think a tube would be much more practical and hygienic. This is worth every penny! I never expected this much out of a lip scrub. All I can say is double wow! Holy grail find for me! There is one common mistake that I think many will make with this product (leading them to throw the baby out with the bathwater), and that's to not use a good lip balm directly afterwards. This is a highly exfoliating lip scrub. If you use this and nothing else afterwards, you are going to dry out your lips. It prepares your lips for a really good balm to sink in and penetrate like it's never done before. Use nothing afterwards, and you defeat the purpose of this product.

on 11/13/2010 9:33:00 PM

Maybe it's just living in MN, since others have great reviews....but I hate this lip scrub!! It made my lips burn & super dry. I am so disappointed. I'll just stick my my home-made brown sugar & honey scub.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I like this product, but I feel like a homemade brown sugar scrub would do just as good of a job. This was kind of an impulse, pick-me-up buy from Sephora. For $22, I think it's expensive for such a small amount, but like others have said, a little does go a long way. You really don't need too much to scrub off the dry flakes on your lips. It smells great and tastes great, too (not that I eat it although it's easy to be tempted to...), and is pretty moisturizing. I don't find it super hydrating, though, my lips do look a little wrinkly after use. Still, at least I haven't been worrying about chapped lips this winter. I wouldn't repurchase, but I really like the container, so I think I will fill it up with a homemade scrub once I finish this tub.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I received this as a gift for Christmas last year and I thought it was ok. The first time I used it, my lips felt pretty good. It just didnt last long. I went through this tube in less than one month. I didnt feel a difference after using it besides the fact that as soom as it wore off my lips dried right back up again. I wont purchase but Im sure it could benefit someone else. I think Im just too obsessed over my Jack Black Lemon and Chamomile too much!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

This feels nice but honestly, you can get the same results with a soft toothbrush and a good lip balm. I wouldn't repurchase for the high price. My lips dried up again less than an hour after applying this :(

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ummm it does what it's suppose to, but its simply sugar and waxy chapstick like goop. So I basically love it, but overpaid for it. Lush offers the same product much much cheaper.

on 10/4/2011 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

excellent scrub for the lips. if you use accutane & feel the need to scrub your face, this is angood choice. after using this, your lips will feel smooth.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Got this in a swap! OMG! Buy it now!!! Or swap for it !whatever! Just get it! It works so awesome! I used to use my toothbrush but it didn't work too well (always had flaky skin when i "thought" i was done)and it made my lips numb. The sugar in honey method wasn't too good either because it just sorta just moved on my lips without scrubbing anything off and the sugar melted in the honey very quickly. This feels like its softening the flakes (kinda like what cuticle cream does)and the sugar removes the flakes quickly! It works! ALL my flakes were gone!! my lips felt like "summer lips" not winter ones when i was done. When I wiped it off all the flakiness was gone my lips didn't feel dry or cracked. There's barely a taste (it taste kinda bad but it isn't food so that doesnt matter to me the product is awesome)and you don't need much so it last awhile.!!!! I'd def buy this (swap) again!

on 1/15/2012 3:02:00 PM

I bought this from sephora in a set with the matching lip balm. I'm not that impressed with it considering the price of it alone. The sugar component of the scrub isn't as harsh as I would like it, for me it hardly scrubs the dead skin from my lips by it's self. I have to use a toothbrush along with the scrub to do the job properly. I really don't like the taste of it as well.

on 5/15/2012 9:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Overpriced, and doesn’t do anything a good, thick layer of lip balm & a wash cloth can’t do! I got it when I was obsessed with all things ‘Fresh Sugar’, that’s the only way I can explain shelling out $20+ for this. Now granted, my lips are in pretty good shape, just the occasional ‘flaky bits’, so if my lips were dry, chapped, peeling, etc, etc. maybe I would see better ‘results’ from this. Sure it smells good & tastes good & leaves my lips smoother, but the results are only temporary. The texture of this scrub is thick & pasty & kind of hard to spread. I put this on before jumping in the shower, then rub my lips together and rinse it off, and by the time I’m putting my makeup on, my lips already feel dried out. I’d expect this not only to ‘slough’ off any dead skin but leave my lips feeling moisturized, which this does not do. Sometimes I apply Fresh Sugar lip treatment immediately after using this, and it does leave my lips more moisturized & prepped for lip color, but I can use countless other combos to get the same effect. Its not necessarily a ‘bad’ product, I just think its way overpriced for a mediocre product and mediocre results. I would not recommend or repurchase.

Top Rated Lip Treatments