Fresh Fresh Brown Sugar Lip Polish

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Fresh Fresh Brown Sugar Lip Polish

3.9

-Sugar: A natural humectant and skin-soother that helps prevent moisture loss, buffs away dry flakes. -Meadowfoam Seed, Jojoba Seed, and Grapeseed Oils: Nourish, hydrate, and protect. They absorb into the skin rapidly and restore suppleness to dry, rough, and damaged skin while locking in moisture. -Shea Butter: An extremely effective moisturizer that acts as a protective shield to restore suppleness to dry and damaged skin. -Vitamin E: Helps prevent the breakdown of collagen and elastin by defending against wrinkle-causing free radicals. Sucrose, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Isononyl Isononanoate, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Molasses, Fragrance (Parfum), Nylon-12, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Limonene*, Benzyl Alcohol*, Linalool*, Citral*.

on 1/31/2018 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

IMHO this is the best sugar lip scrub out there. All the other ones (Sara Happ, etc.) have sugar granuales that are wayyyy to big.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

This product really suits people who have a lot of patience, and those who don't have long nails. I would scrub my lips every morning, and i'd have to grab cotton buds to apply products on to my lips, because this thing really make your fingers go sticky. The removal process isn't easy either, and it always leave small bits inside my nails which I hate. However, I would say that the result is pretty impressive. Unlike every other scrubs, this doesn't cut my lips and it really hydrates it. But because it takes some time to put on, scrub and clean, I wouldn't buy this product again. Is it good? Yes it is.

on 1/25/2016 10:57:00 PM

Not a bad product but I have no other lip scrubs to compare it to. I used to never get super dry lips until winter 2015... They didn't look dry but they felt like a goldfish gasping for water. Even my beloved Chapstick would feel like a block of beeswax stuck to my lips. I bought this longgg ago at Sephora and it was nice to use once in a while when I needed it.

It has a sweet, vanilla kind of smell that isn't very overpowering. They use real sugar and a lot of it so it doesn't taste like chemicals if you get it in your mouth or on your tongue by accident. Its very thick and again, has lots of sugar to exfoliate with so you only need very little. The thing I don't like about is that it feels extremely greasy, so greasy that I would need to continuously use cleanser to clean it off to have that feeling go away.

My lips are gong through a weird dry phase again and I'm using this as often as possible and hydrating it after, but it's not entirely working. I suggest this as something you'd keep to use once in a while for mildly dry lips.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This lip scrub has the scent of tamarind-like, which is fine to me. I use this scrub every other day, or as soon as I start to feel my lips being flaky. The reason I only give it 3/5 is because after you scrub your lips with your fingers, they will be really really really sticky and oily, and gross. The only way to solve that is to rinse your hand thoroughly with a bar of soap. Secondly, 5 minutes after you scrub, my lips always go back to be flaky and dry. If you ARE using this and are facing the same problem, I suggest apply lip mask 'immediately' or a thick layer of lip balm. Sometimes even if I apply my lip balm, it's still flaky.

on 8/17/2015 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

As a kid, I had lip traumas that left some discoloration and a tendency for my lips to dry out really quickly. Now as an adult my lips are prone to blistering, feathering, and are really sensitive. I can't leave my house without a super moisturizing lip balm in every purse. I'm a skin care nut, and take very very good care of my skin, everyone comments that I look much younger than my age thanks to my now perfected skin care routine, but I haven't been able to find the right products for my lips and their constant chapped state drives me crazy. I've spent the better part of a year trying to find a solution and was honestly beginning to think that I would have to break my no surgery rule and look into fillers or something medical to fix my chronic lip dryness.

I was skeptical when I tried this scrub because I haven't had the best results with other products. However, fresh lip treatments often have a cult following (doesn't mean anything to me anymore because I'm such an outlier on this issue) and the sugar line has a solid natural ingredients list so there was a good chance I wouldn't have a reaction to it.

I tested it out in store. At first I thought to myself it just felt like rubbing my lips with sugar, which I've tried at home. But you have to really scrub this on for a full minute at least, because after about 30 seconds the essential oils and Shea butter in the blend starts to melt into your lips and really soften them. I could feel my eyes start to widen while I was standing there in the aisle. I just knew something different was happening. TURNING POINT!

After so many disappointments I didn't want to get my hopes up too much. So, I've held off on writing this review for a week now after using this scrub once daily. The instructions say to use it 2-3 times a week. Yup, I use it DAILY. I'M SO HAPPY. Technically it hasn't even been a full week, and there is a distinct difference in the state of my lips. They were severely chapped on day one thanks to a bad reaction to another company's product. This scrub gently buffed all that away and after day two they stopped getting that dry. I didn't use it on morning three, to give my lips a rest, and they were ok, but by the afternoon I just couldn't help myself, I used the scrub again and my lips felt much better. My lipsticks and glosses go on more smoothly and stay on! No weird little flakes on my bottom lip in the morning. I'm in heaven! I've been using the fresh sugar lip treatment w/sunscreen (spf 15) in untinted after I scrub and it's good (not great). Definitely moisturizes but doesn't quite soak into my lips as much as I would like. My lips do still get dry after a long day out so I'm still looking for a better balm but I'm not coating the sugar lip treatment out. I would use it at night for sure. There is a significant improvement in their overall structure and shape since I started using the scrub. I'm a happy gal and feel so much more confident since finding this!

on 3/13/2015 8:14:00 AM

Excellent exfoliation for the lips especially in the winter. No more cracked lips for me trying to heal them with lip balms and what not. I do this every morning before my make-up routine and my lipstick looks much better. My lips are healthy everyday now.

I 've never used a lip scrub until I purchased this brown sugar polish from Fresh, but it has been my savior this winter. The light exfoliant doesn't irritate the skin and leaves your lips even and ready primed for lipstick application. I didn't know what a different regularly scrubbing and exfoliating your lips could have, but I definitely suggest this product during the harsher cold months.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

A must have for luscious lips! My lips looks so much fuller and feels so supple and soft after using this just once! I went to Sephora during the VIB Rouge sale and I asked the SA for a great lip scrub (I saw on youtube a girl teaching people how to make lips look bigger) and she immediately recommended me this lip polish. She kept raving about it and saying it's the best item for lips and she recommended that I get the $53 set (which includes the lip balm, lip serum, lip tint) ...then another sales guy said it is the best. I got sucked in and decided to buy it.

I used as instructed (love the smell BTW) and now I have the softest lips ever with no flakes. I am in LOVE! I'd like to say that now I have soft, plump lips :) I use the lip balm that comes with it and the two are match made in heaven! I have not kissed anyone yet (LOL) but I'd like to think they are kissable.

I love it so much that I plan on buying the set for my cousin who has SUPER dry lips ! :) Good job Fresh!

on 8/16/2014 5:31:00 AM

I like this. At first I was about to hate it but really I have to admit that this is pretty good.

1. Smell - This may be the part I kinda dislike?? It smells to ME like tamarind and citrus. I don't actually know all of the ingredients but yeah.

2. Consistency - It sticks under my nails and it also have a waxy feeling. However, it isn't as bad as Sara Happ's one...

3. Texture - I couldn't feel a lot grain of sugar in the scrub, but i guess they're there.

4. How to use - So i read some in Sephora, you basically scrub your lips with it then leave it on for 5 minutes then rinse it off with warm water. I personally didn't wash directly at the warm water but I dipped my tissue in a bowl full with warm water then wipe it. Somehow, this is wayyy easier..

5. Finishing - It's actually so good. At first i thought it's going to do nothing because i couldn't feel the sugar in the scrub. My lips are moisturised and I couldn't feel any flakes on my lips. However, I would still give it a 4 stars but if there is 4.5 stars, I would definitely give that!!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

You must use dry fingers when you put this on your lips as water tends to dis-intergrate the rest of the sugar left in the pot. There isn't much in this pot, but it will last several months if you use a little bit once or twice a week. Try not to get any on the edges around your mouth as it does feel sticky around the skin and is hard to wash off. I tend to use a cotton bud to scoop some out from the pot and then use my fingers to rub it into my skin.

I am unsure as to whether or not normal brown sugar with honey may have similar effects. It seems likely. Regardless, the polish does exfoliate well and removes a lot of chapped/dead skin (I suffer from very dry lips). It makes it much easier to apply lipstick the next day. Your lips look better too. Though I would recommend sliding on a good chapstick to moisturise after the polish and before bed too!

Top Rated Lip Treatments