Fresh Fresh Brown Sugar Lip Polish

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Fresh Fresh Brown Sugar Lip Polish

4.3

-Sugar: A natural humectant and skin-soother that helps prevent moisture loss, buffs away dry flakes. -Meadowfoam Seed, Jojoba Seed, and Grapeseed Oils: Nourish, hydrate, and protect. They absorb into the skin rapidly and restore suppleness to dry, rough, and damaged skin while locking in moisture. -Shea Butter: An extremely effective moisturizer that acts as a protective shield to restore suppleness to dry and damaged skin. -Vitamin E: Helps prevent the breakdown of collagen and elastin by defending against wrinkle-causing free radicals. Sucrose, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Isononyl Isononanoate, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Molasses, Fragrance (Parfum), Nylon-12, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Limonene*, Benzyl Alcohol*, Linalool*, Citral*.

I generally don't have many issues with my lips but felt exfoliation from time to time could be beneficial. I purchased this as part of a trial kit (what I really wanted to try was the tinted lip treatment). I used this a few times and to my surprise, my lips felt extraordinarily dry even after using a moisturizing lip product afterwards. I wanted to love this but I don't. I will use a few more times to see if the results are any different, but so far I don't hold out a lot of hope. This might work for some, just isn't the product for me.

on 10/4/2011 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

excellent scrub for the lips. if you use accutane & feel the need to scrub your face, this is angood choice. after using this, your lips will feel smooth.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

You must use dry fingers when you put this on your lips as water tends to dis-intergrate the rest of the sugar left in the pot. There isn't much in this pot, but it will last several months if you use a little bit once or twice a week. Try not to get any on the edges around your mouth as it does feel sticky around the skin and is hard to wash off. I tend to use a cotton bud to scoop some out from the pot and then use my fingers to rub it into my skin.

I am unsure as to whether or not normal brown sugar with honey may have similar effects. It seems likely. Regardless, the polish does exfoliate well and removes a lot of chapped/dead skin (I suffer from very dry lips). It makes it much easier to apply lipstick the next day. Your lips look better too. Though I would recommend sliding on a good chapstick to moisturise after the polish and before bed too!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

A lip treatment for lazy people or if you're not on a budget. If you want to save money go to your kitchen take a teaspoon of brown sugar and a drop or two of honey and voila, your own instant lip scrub. I admit I haven't tried this diy method but I'm thinking it will do the trick.
Anyway back to the product. The smell is divine. So yummylicious. Reminds me of sour plum sweets. Take a bit on one finger and gently exfoliate your dry lips. I followed the instructions and wiped it off with a damp washcloth. My lips were smooth and soft. I followed it up with the Sugar Lip Serum Advanced Therapy. I did this before bedtime and today in the afternoon my lips are still soft and smooth. Great little product. Bit expensive. Bought it for fun. Most probably won't repurchase, not because it's not good but because I don't have terribly dry lips and because I still prefer my HG lip balm from Origins ( conditioning lip balm with turmeric)

I 've never used a lip scrub until I purchased this brown sugar polish from Fresh, but it has been my savior this winter. The light exfoliant doesn't irritate the skin and leaves your lips even and ready primed for lipstick application. I didn't know what a different regularly scrubbing and exfoliating your lips could have, but I definitely suggest this product during the harsher cold months.

on 8/17/2015 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

As a kid, I had lip traumas that left some discoloration and a tendency for my lips to dry out really quickly. Now as an adult my lips are prone to blistering, feathering, and are really sensitive. I can't leave my house without a super moisturizing lip balm in every purse. I'm a skin care nut, and take very very good care of my skin, everyone comments that I look much younger than my age thanks to my now perfected skin care routine, but I haven't been able to find the right products for my lips and their constant chapped state drives me crazy. I've spent the better part of a year trying to find a solution and was honestly beginning to think that I would have to break my no surgery rule and look into fillers or something medical to fix my chronic lip dryness.

I was skeptical when I tried this scrub because I haven't had the best results with other products. However, fresh lip treatments often have a cult following (doesn't mean anything to me anymore because I'm such an outlier on this issue) and the sugar line has a solid natural ingredients list so there was a good chance I wouldn't have a reaction to it.

I tested it out in store. At first I thought to myself it just felt like rubbing my lips with sugar, which I've tried at home. But you have to really scrub this on for a full minute at least, because after about 30 seconds the essential oils and Shea butter in the blend starts to melt into your lips and really soften them. I could feel my eyes start to widen while I was standing there in the aisle. I just knew something different was happening. TURNING POINT!

After so many disappointments I didn't want to get my hopes up too much. So, I've held off on writing this review for a week now after using this scrub once daily. The instructions say to use it 2-3 times a week. Yup, I use it DAILY. I'M SO HAPPY. Technically it hasn't even been a full week, and there is a distinct difference in the state of my lips. They were severely chapped on day one thanks to a bad reaction to another company's product. This scrub gently buffed all that away and after day two they stopped getting that dry. I didn't use it on morning three, to give my lips a rest, and they were ok, but by the afternoon I just couldn't help myself, I used the scrub again and my lips felt much better. My lipsticks and glosses go on more smoothly and stay on! No weird little flakes on my bottom lip in the morning. I'm in heaven! I've been using the fresh sugar lip treatment w/sunscreen (spf 15) in untinted after I scrub and it's good (not great). Definitely moisturizes but doesn't quite soak into my lips as much as I would like. My lips do still get dry after a long day out so I'm still looking for a better balm but I'm not coating the sugar lip treatment out. I would use it at night for sure. There is a significant improvement in their overall structure and shape since I started using the scrub. I'm a happy gal and feel so much more confident since finding this!

on 1/31/2018 1:31:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

IMHO this is the best sugar lip scrub out there. All the other ones (Sara Happ, etc.) have sugar granuales that are wayyyy to big.

Top Rated Lip Treatments