Fresh Fresh Brown Sugar Lip Polish

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Fresh Fresh Brown Sugar Lip Polish

3.8

-Sugar: A natural humectant and skin-soother that helps prevent moisture loss, buffs away dry flakes. -Meadowfoam Seed, Jojoba Seed, and Grapeseed Oils: Nourish, hydrate, and protect. They absorb into the skin rapidly and restore suppleness to dry, rough, and damaged skin while locking in moisture. -Shea Butter: An extremely effective moisturizer that acts as a protective shield to restore suppleness to dry and damaged skin. -Vitamin E: Helps prevent the breakdown of collagen and elastin by defending against wrinkle-causing free radicals. Sucrose, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Isononyl Isononanoate, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Molasses, Fragrance (Parfum), Nylon-12, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Limonene*, Benzyl Alcohol*, Linalool*, Citral*.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I received this as a gift for Christmas last year and I thought it was ok. The first time I used it, my lips felt pretty good. It just didnt last long. I went through this tube in less than one month. I didnt feel a difference after using it besides the fact that as soom as it wore off my lips dried right back up again. I wont purchase but Im sure it could benefit someone else. I think Im just too obsessed over my Jack Black Lemon and Chamomile too much!

on 5/15/2012 9:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Overpriced, and doesn’t do anything a good, thick layer of lip balm & a wash cloth can’t do! I got it when I was obsessed with all things ‘Fresh Sugar’, that’s the only way I can explain shelling out $20+ for this. Now granted, my lips are in pretty good shape, just the occasional ‘flaky bits’, so if my lips were dry, chapped, peeling, etc, etc. maybe I would see better ‘results’ from this. Sure it smells good & tastes good & leaves my lips smoother, but the results are only temporary. The texture of this scrub is thick & pasty & kind of hard to spread. I put this on before jumping in the shower, then rub my lips together and rinse it off, and by the time I’m putting my makeup on, my lips already feel dried out. I’d expect this not only to ‘slough’ off any dead skin but leave my lips feeling moisturized, which this does not do. Sometimes I apply Fresh Sugar lip treatment immediately after using this, and it does leave my lips more moisturized & prepped for lip color, but I can use countless other combos to get the same effect. Its not necessarily a ‘bad’ product, I just think its way overpriced for a mediocre product and mediocre results. I would not recommend or repurchase.

on 10/25/2013 6:36:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Ignore the bad reviews. I don't think a lot of people understand the purpose of this product, nor do they seem to comprehend its function. As we get older, our lips also show signs of aging. Think about older ladies who have vertical lines on their upper lips. This product is intended to help prevent such things, and does a great job. You're supposed to use a tiny bit and gently exfoliate the lips for a few minutes. It doesn't taste bad at all if you do get some in your mouth. Like most fresh products, it tastes like brown sugar. This hasn't really been an issue for me, as I tend to keep my mouth closed during the process.

I focus on my upper lip, as that seems to be where older women show the most signs of aging in their mouth region. The instructions tell you to wash off with a warm washcloth. Again, many reviewers below clearly did not follow instructions. Sure, there is a brief period of moisturization immediately following the treatment. But the purpose is to exfoliate…not to moisturize. In fact, I put a lip moisturizer on as soon as I'm done using this product to maximize the benefits. When following the instructions, you can't go wrong. I absolutely love it and will continue to use it.

on 4/30/2014 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I received a travel size sample of this lip scrub when I ordered my beloved Fresh Sugar Advanced Lip Treatment from QVC. It's a great scrub, removes every trace of dead/dull skin from my lips. I don't have much to compare Fresh's to as I've never used any other lip scrubs before. It can feel a bit harsh if I scrub my sensitive lip area too vigorously, but whatever oil they've used in this product is quite soothing. Such a tiny amount is needed I think that my travel sized sample will last a year or more. I will purchase a full-sized product when my sample runs out as I very much like the results it gives me. I always follow up the scrub with my fabulous Fresh Sugar Advanced Lip Treatment and I'm left with moisturized baby soft lips!!

on 1/31/2018 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

IMHO this is the best sugar lip scrub out there. All the other ones (Sara Happ, etc.) have sugar granuales that are wayyyy to big.

Top Rated Lip Treatments