Fresh Fresh Brown Sugar Lip Polish

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Fresh Fresh Brown Sugar Lip Polish

-Sugar: A natural humectant and skin-soother that helps prevent moisture loss, buffs away dry flakes. -Meadowfoam Seed, Jojoba Seed, and Grapeseed Oils: Nourish, hydrate, and protect. They absorb into the skin rapidly and restore suppleness to dry, rough, and damaged skin while locking in moisture. -Shea Butter: An extremely effective moisturizer that acts as a protective shield to restore suppleness to dry and damaged skin. -Vitamin E: Helps prevent the breakdown of collagen and elastin by defending against wrinkle-causing free radicals. Sucrose, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Isononyl Isononanoate, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Molasses, Fragrance (Parfum), Nylon-12, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Limonene*, Benzyl Alcohol*, Linalool*, Citral*.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I loved this product. It always got dead skin off my lips and left my lips very smooth. They felt buttery each time I used this. Lip lines were buffered off temporarily.

I put a "yes" for repurchasing because it is a great product, however it gets a 3 lippie rating for the price. The ingredients are nothing special. Most cheap dupes will give you the same effects. Lip scrubs are only meant to be a short term fix as manual exfoliation requires regular maintenance. Personally I liked using this before going to bed at night, or in the morning before make up. It makes lip products apply much smoother because it primes the lip skin.

If you don't mind splurging - go for it. Just keep in mind it's somewhat overpriced.

on 10/20/2014 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

So many reviewers have said that home made scrub is the same as most exfoliating products; well i found this not to be the case! I have very dry lips and have made home made exfoliates, when i finally decided to buy this product. I found it left my lips a lot more softer, and moisturized then home made exfoliates. For someone who likes to wear a lot of lipstick such as myself, this product is beneficial because it scrubs away all the lipstick that was on your lips, and any dead skin. I use it every night before bed and then after I apply a lip treatment mask. This product has improved my lip condition and i would defiantly recommend it!

on 8/16/2014 5:31:00 AM

I like this. At first I was about to hate it but really I have to admit that this is pretty good.

1. Smell - This may be the part I kinda dislike?? It smells to ME like tamarind and citrus. I don't actually know all of the ingredients but yeah.

2. Consistency - It sticks under my nails and it also have a waxy feeling. However, it isn't as bad as Sara Happ's one...

3. Texture - I couldn't feel a lot grain of sugar in the scrub, but i guess they're there.

4. How to use - So i read some in Sephora, you basically scrub your lips with it then leave it on for 5 minutes then rinse it off with warm water. I personally didn't wash directly at the warm water but I dipped my tissue in a bowl full with warm water then wipe it. Somehow, this is wayyy easier..

5. Finishing - It's actually so good. At first i thought it's going to do nothing because i couldn't feel the sugar in the scrub. My lips are moisturised and I couldn't feel any flakes on my lips. However, I would still give it a 4 stars but if there is 4.5 stars, I would definitely give that!!

on 12/27/2013 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Yes, it's overpriced and "over-hyped" (whatever the latter means) and, yes, you can certainly make your own lip scrub far more cheaply on your own. However, I got this in my Xmas stocking from my husband (after having used a few samples from Sephora) and I am very glad to have it. Chapped, peeling lips basically come along with a Canadian winter and this scrub is terrific to use to get off all the dead bits of chapped skin before using a good lip treatment (I like Fresh's lip treatment that was a freebie birthday gift a couple of years go or Nuxe Reve de Miel or Clarins) to rehydrate the smoother skin underneath. In a season when I enjoy wearing a bright red lip, having smooth, non-flakey lips to start with is pretty important.

Considering you don't need to use a lot of this, it does last a long time (but the price is a bit daft, though it was a nice indulgence to get as a gift).

on 5/5/2013 5:55:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Ignore the bad reviews. I don't think a lot of people understand the purpose of this product, nor do they seem to comprehend its function. As we get older, our lips also show signs of aging. Think about older ladies who have vertical lines on their upper lips. This product is intended to help prevent such things, and does a great job. You're supposed to use a tiny bit and gently exfoliate the lips for a few minutes. It doesn't taste bad at all if you do get some in your mouth. Like most fresh products, it tastes like brown sugar. This hasn't really been an issue for me, as I tend to keep my mouth closed during the process. I focus on my upper lip, as that seems to be where older women show the most signs of aging in their mouth region. The instructions tell you to wash off with a warm washcloth. Again, many reviewers below clearly did not follow instructions. Sure, there is a brief period of moisturization immediately following the treatment. But the purpose is to exfoliate…not to moisturize. In fact, I put a lip moisturizer on as soon as I'm done using this product to maximize the benefits. When following the instructions, you can't go wrong. I absolutely love it and will continue to use it.

on 11/20/2012 1:13:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i got this at sephora with the fresh passion lippy, came in as thr xmas gift set since i dont really wany the big size. but i wish i got the big size because i LOVE this stuff. the scrub is not harsh for the lips, peels off the dead skin of my lips, and leaves it clean and smooth.
i think the price worth the product :) definite must haves

This was a really nice lip scrub. It smelled very good and really exfoliated and conditioned my lips. My only complaint was it was very gritty. Too harsh for delicate lips. I probably won't buy this again because I think that there are better lip scrubs out there. It was also a bit expensive.

on 1/4/2012 9:04:00 AM

This was a bonus item in a set that included a full size Lip Treatment in Rose. I used to just do the old trick of chapstick on a toothbrush. This was a whole new world for me! It feels gritty (of course), but really is a fairly gentle effect. I could not believe the difference after removing the excess with a tissue! Younger, smoother, healthier-looking. That said, I did feel the need to follow up and apply a good treatment (my favorite is the Sugar Honey tint); it glided on so smoothly and the feeling was pure *luxury*. Only downside is a slightly weird taste while applying (so 4 lippies only), but that went away immediately after swiping the excess. This jar is small, but it seems like it'll last forever. I think every woman should try this, and be ready for a heavenly experience.

on 12/27/2011 8:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This works very well for my flakey peeling lips, they are soft and smooth, very pricy but you dont need alot, a little goes a long way.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I bought this in a set. It's nice but I feel like it's a little expensive for something you could make at home. Overall, it's just not worth the money. I'll use it up but I won't be repurchasing. I'll just go back to the toothbrush and lip balm trick.

Top Rated Lip Treatments