Fresh Fresh Brown Sugar Lip Polish

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Fresh Fresh Brown Sugar Lip Polish

3.8

-Sugar: A natural humectant and skin-soother that helps prevent moisture loss, buffs away dry flakes. -Meadowfoam Seed, Jojoba Seed, and Grapeseed Oils: Nourish, hydrate, and protect. They absorb into the skin rapidly and restore suppleness to dry, rough, and damaged skin while locking in moisture. -Shea Butter: An extremely effective moisturizer that acts as a protective shield to restore suppleness to dry and damaged skin. -Vitamin E: Helps prevent the breakdown of collagen and elastin by defending against wrinkle-causing free radicals. Sucrose, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Isononyl Isononanoate, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Molasses, Fragrance (Parfum), Nylon-12, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Limonene*, Benzyl Alcohol*, Linalool*, Citral*.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I like this product, but I feel like a homemade brown sugar scrub would do just as good of a job. This was kind of an impulse, pick-me-up buy from Sephora. For $22, I think it's expensive for such a small amount, but like others have said, a little does go a long way. You really don't need too much to scrub off the dry flakes on your lips. It smells great and tastes great, too (not that I eat it although it's easy to be tempted to...), and is pretty moisturizing. I don't find it super hydrating, though, my lips do look a little wrinkly after use. Still, at least I haven't been worrying about chapped lips this winter. I wouldn't repurchase, but I really like the container, so I think I will fill it up with a homemade scrub once I finish this tub.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

This feels nice but honestly, you can get the same results with a soft toothbrush and a good lip balm. I wouldn't repurchase for the high price. My lips dried up again less than an hour after applying this :(

on 7/29/2011 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Worth every dime! One of my splurges, but lasts a long time and a little dab goes a long way. Haven't tried the tinted versions yet, but they are on my list. I wear this at night as well and I wake up with full soft lips (almost exfoliated). Wonderful scent too.

on 10/4/2011 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

excellent scrub for the lips. if you use accutane & feel the need to scrub your face, this is angood choice. after using this, your lips will feel smooth.

on 7/29/2012 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Like all Fresh products, the lip polish is ridiculously expensive. However, the tiny pot will last forever. You only need the tiniest amount and you don't need to use it daily. I wear lipstick every single day (and most days it's a shade of red) so I need my lips to be smooth. Some lipsticks dry out my lips but sometimes my lips just get dry for no reason, and when my lips get dry, they also start to flake. I don't need to tell anyone here that flaky lips is disgusting enough alone, but under lipstick, it's just nasty. NOTHING can get my lips as smooth and soft as Fresh Brown Sugar Lip Polish. My lips are so much smoother afterwards than buffing with a toothbrush or washcloth. This is completely worth the extra money, especially if you love to wear lipstick.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This does nothing for my lips but leave them dried out. I really like the Laura Gellar Mint lip scrub which worked very well for me.

I got a sample of this, and I really REALLY wanted to try it. But after using it at least a dozen times now, I don't really think it does ENOUGH.
It smells great, and gently exfoliates, but my lips still feel dry and peely after I've used it, and followed with a lip balm. The actually exfoliating granules seem very sparse in the product itself. And using more, doesn't mean it works better. I love Fresh, but unfortunately, this was a mediocre product for me.
I would definitely not pay the price to buy the full size of this.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Have you heard of the emperors new clothes? Think the emperors new lip treatment when you see this. Sorry, but this product is hilarious.

First of all, my lips tend to be really dry all year round.
Aside from the obvious route of making your own sugar polish, this product just didn't work. It did not buff away all of of the dead skin from my lips. I had to resort to removing it with cloth. The sugar just wasn't grainy enough. The oils in it were not very special or kept my lips hydrated for very long (it wore off in 10 min).

Seriously people, either make your own or use a washcloth or toothbrush. I bet 'Fresh cosmetics' is laughing at everyone who gets suckered into purchasing this product. It's just SUGAR and Oils.

Good for: People who have an aversion to making their own stuff, even if it's super duper simple.

Not for: People who have access to sugar and oil at home.

on 10/30/2013 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Really conflicted on how to review this product...

On one hand, it DOES work. It exfoliates nicely. But on the other hand, it's super pricey for something that you can easily make at home. I think I'll just stick to my brown sugar/olive oil scrub.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a really nice scrub to exfoliate my lips with. My lips are really dry, and I live in a dry climate. I use it a couple times a week, mostly before I wear matte lipstick. It smells really yummy, and is moisturizing too. Yes, you could probably make something similar that isn't as expensive, but I really love it!

Top Rated Lip Treatments