Fresh Fresh Brown Sugar Lip Polish

Filtered by hair type : Other
Fresh Fresh Brown Sugar Lip Polish

4.2

-Sugar: A natural humectant and skin-soother that helps prevent moisture loss, buffs away dry flakes. -Meadowfoam Seed, Jojoba Seed, and Grapeseed Oils: Nourish, hydrate, and protect. They absorb into the skin rapidly and restore suppleness to dry, rough, and damaged skin while locking in moisture. -Shea Butter: An extremely effective moisturizer that acts as a protective shield to restore suppleness to dry and damaged skin. -Vitamin E: Helps prevent the breakdown of collagen and elastin by defending against wrinkle-causing free radicals. Sucrose, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Isononyl Isononanoate, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Molasses, Fragrance (Parfum), Nylon-12, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Limonene*, Benzyl Alcohol*, Linalool*, Citral*.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

This product really suits people who have a lot of patience, and those who don't have long nails. I would scrub my lips every morning, and i'd have to grab cotton buds to apply products on to my lips, because this thing really make your fingers go sticky. The removal process isn't easy either, and it always leave small bits inside my nails which I hate. However, I would say that the result is pretty impressive. Unlike every other scrubs, this doesn't cut my lips and it really hydrates it. But because it takes some time to put on, scrub and clean, I wouldn't buy this product again. Is it good? Yes it is.

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

It is the best lip polish I've ever had. It's natual and refined.
It's safe. I know it won't hurt my tender lip skin.

I put it in my shower room and use it at shower. So hopefully it has a waterproof package- like a tube, so it will last longer in the shower room.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

A lip treatment for lazy people or if you're not on a budget. If you want to save money go to your kitchen take a teaspoon of brown sugar and a drop or two of honey and voila, your own instant lip scrub. I admit I haven't tried this diy method but I'm thinking it will do the trick.
Anyway back to the product. The smell is divine. So yummylicious. Reminds me of sour plum sweets. Take a bit on one finger and gently exfoliate your dry lips. I followed the instructions and wiped it off with a damp washcloth. My lips were smooth and soft. I followed it up with the Sugar Lip Serum Advanced Therapy. I did this before bedtime and today in the afternoon my lips are still soft and smooth. Great little product. Bit expensive. Bought it for fun. Most probably won't repurchase, not because it's not good but because I don't have terribly dry lips and because I still prefer my HG lip balm from Origins ( conditioning lip balm with turmeric)

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

You must use dry fingers when you put this on your lips as water tends to dis-intergrate the rest of the sugar left in the pot. There isn't much in this pot, but it will last several months if you use a little bit once or twice a week. Try not to get any on the edges around your mouth as it does feel sticky around the skin and is hard to wash off. I tend to use a cotton bud to scoop some out from the pot and then use my fingers to rub it into my skin.

I am unsure as to whether or not normal brown sugar with honey may have similar effects. It seems likely. Regardless, the polish does exfoliate well and removes a lot of chapped/dead skin (I suffer from very dry lips). It makes it much easier to apply lipstick the next day. Your lips look better too. Though I would recommend sliding on a good chapstick to moisturise after the polish and before bed too!

on 6/12/2014 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I've had this scrub for over a year and just now I'm done with the container. I use it every morning after brushing my teeth. And I LOVE the way it exfoliates my lips... in cold and hot temperatures. I've made my own lip scrub in the past, but it didn't do the job as good as the Sugar Lip Polish.

on 2/7/2014 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I am sure glad I got a sample of this before buying at Sephora. This is a very basic scrub, nothing special and surely not worth the 22.50 price tag.

After researching online, I decided to try making my own with products I already had in my pantry: sugar, olive oil and honey. It did just as good a job as this product. You can use other oils like almond or grape seed, put in flavorings like vanilla, mint, etc and food coloring if you wish. Bottom line, this treatment can be made quite cheaply at home in small or large amounts and stored in a small plastic container. No need to buy expensive polishes like this.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I have made similar lip scrubs in the past but with three kids my time is limited and I certainly don't like playing chemist with them running around hence the reason for me purchasing this. First off, this makes me wanna lick it after its been on my lips doing its job. It really taste good.lol. It does a great job at taking away the dry scaly flakes so I wear my matte lippies.Easy to remove....I use a baby washclothe. A little goes a long way unless you enjoy throwing money down the drain. I will definitely repurchase this.

on 2/9/2013 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product is a must-have for me in the winter. Despite my constant moisturizing my lips get flakey - looks and feels terrible. This does the trick - exfoliates so my lips are smooth and I can wear lipstick again!

I have read reviews saying that you can make this at home - maybe you can, but I know I won't. Also, this comes in a little package I can carry around in my purse for those days I forget to exfoliate and realize too late (i.e. already at work) that I really need to. AND it last forever. I actually bought this last year in a holiday package that came with the lip treatment so this is a smaller size than normal. Will last for a long time - however, should I run out, I will definitely buy again.

on 1/15/2012 3:02:00 PM

I bought this from sephora in a set with the matching lip balm. I'm not that impressed with it considering the price of it alone. The sugar component of the scrub isn't as harsh as I would like it, for me it hardly scrubs the dead skin from my lips by it's self. I have to use a toothbrush along with the scrub to do the job properly. I really don't like the taste of it as well.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Got this in a swap! OMG! Buy it now!!! Or swap for it !whatever! Just get it! It works so awesome! I used to use my toothbrush but it didn't work too well (always had flaky skin when i "thought" i was done)and it made my lips numb. The sugar in honey method wasn't too good either because it just sorta just moved on my lips without scrubbing anything off and the sugar melted in the honey very quickly. This feels like its softening the flakes (kinda like what cuticle cream does)and the sugar removes the flakes quickly! It works! ALL my flakes were gone!! my lips felt like "summer lips" not winter ones when i was done. When I wiped it off all the flakiness was gone my lips didn't feel dry or cracked. There's barely a taste (it taste kinda bad but it isn't food so that doesnt matter to me the product is awesome)and you don't need much so it last awhile.!!!! I'd def buy this (swap) again!

Top Rated Lip Treatments