Fresh Fresh Brown Sugar Lip Polish

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Fresh Fresh Brown Sugar Lip Polish

3.7

-Sugar: A natural humectant and skin-soother that helps prevent moisture loss, buffs away dry flakes. -Meadowfoam Seed, Jojoba Seed, and Grapeseed Oils: Nourish, hydrate, and protect. They absorb into the skin rapidly and restore suppleness to dry, rough, and damaged skin while locking in moisture. -Shea Butter: An extremely effective moisturizer that acts as a protective shield to restore suppleness to dry and damaged skin. -Vitamin E: Helps prevent the breakdown of collagen and elastin by defending against wrinkle-causing free radicals. Sucrose, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Isononyl Isononanoate, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Molasses, Fragrance (Parfum), Nylon-12, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Limonene*, Benzyl Alcohol*, Linalool*, Citral*.

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

It is the best lip polish I've ever had. It's natual and refined.
It's safe. I know it won't hurt my tender lip skin.

I put it in my shower room and use it at shower. So hopefully it has a waterproof package- like a tube, so it will last longer in the shower room.

on 1/25/2016 10:57:00 PM

Not a bad product but I have no other lip scrubs to compare it to. I used to never get super dry lips until winter 2015... They didn't look dry but they felt like a goldfish gasping for water. Even my beloved Chapstick would feel like a block of beeswax stuck to my lips. I bought this longgg ago at Sephora and it was nice to use once in a while when I needed it.

It has a sweet, vanilla kind of smell that isn't very overpowering. They use real sugar and a lot of it so it doesn't taste like chemicals if you get it in your mouth or on your tongue by accident. Its very thick and again, has lots of sugar to exfoliate with so you only need very little. The thing I don't like about is that it feels extremely greasy, so greasy that I would need to continuously use cleanser to clean it off to have that feeling go away.

My lips are gong through a weird dry phase again and I'm using this as often as possible and hydrating it after, but it's not entirely working. I suggest this as something you'd keep to use once in a while for mildly dry lips.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This lip scrub has the scent of tamarind-like, which is fine to me. I use this scrub every other day, or as soon as I start to feel my lips being flaky. The reason I only give it 3/5 is because after you scrub your lips with your fingers, they will be really really really sticky and oily, and gross. The only way to solve that is to rinse your hand thoroughly with a bar of soap. Secondly, 5 minutes after you scrub, my lips always go back to be flaky and dry. If you ARE using this and are facing the same problem, I suggest apply lip mask 'immediately' or a thick layer of lip balm. Sometimes even if I apply my lip balm, it's still flaky.

on 3/13/2015 8:14:00 AM

Excellent exfoliation for the lips especially in the winter. No more cracked lips for me trying to heal them with lip balms and what not. I do this every morning before my make-up routine and my lipstick looks much better. My lips are healthy everyday now.

I 've never used a lip scrub until I purchased this brown sugar polish from Fresh, but it has been my savior this winter. The light exfoliant doesn't irritate the skin and leaves your lips even and ready primed for lipstick application. I didn't know what a different regularly scrubbing and exfoliating your lips could have, but I definitely suggest this product during the harsher cold months.

on 8/16/2014 5:31:00 AM

I like this. At first I was about to hate it but really I have to admit that this is pretty good.

1. Smell - This may be the part I kinda dislike?? It smells to ME like tamarind and citrus. I don't actually know all of the ingredients but yeah.

2. Consistency - It sticks under my nails and it also have a waxy feeling. However, it isn't as bad as Sara Happ's one...

3. Texture - I couldn't feel a lot grain of sugar in the scrub, but i guess they're there.

4. How to use - So i read some in Sephora, you basically scrub your lips with it then leave it on for 5 minutes then rinse it off with warm water. I personally didn't wash directly at the warm water but I dipped my tissue in a bowl full with warm water then wipe it. Somehow, this is wayyy easier..

5. Finishing - It's actually so good. At first i thought it's going to do nothing because i couldn't feel the sugar in the scrub. My lips are moisturised and I couldn't feel any flakes on my lips. However, I would still give it a 4 stars but if there is 4.5 stars, I would definitely give that!!

on 6/12/2014 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I've had this scrub for over a year and just now I'm done with the container. I use it every morning after brushing my teeth. And I LOVE the way it exfoliates my lips... in cold and hot temperatures. I've made my own lip scrub in the past, but it didn't do the job as good as the Sugar Lip Polish.

on 2/7/2014 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I am sure glad I got a sample of this before buying at Sephora. This is a very basic scrub, nothing special and surely not worth the 22.50 price tag.

After researching online, I decided to try making my own with products I already had in my pantry: sugar, olive oil and honey. It did just as good a job as this product. You can use other oils like almond or grape seed, put in flavorings like vanilla, mint, etc and food coloring if you wish. Bottom line, this treatment can be made quite cheaply at home in small or large amounts and stored in a small plastic container. No need to buy expensive polishes like this.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I have made similar lip scrubs in the past but with three kids my time is limited and I certainly don't like playing chemist with them running around hence the reason for me purchasing this. First off, this makes me wanna lick it after its been on my lips doing its job. It really taste good.lol. It does a great job at taking away the dry scaly flakes so I wear my matte lippies.Easy to remove....I use a baby washclothe. A little goes a long way unless you enjoy throwing money down the drain. I will definitely repurchase this.

on 10/25/2013 6:36:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Ignore the bad reviews. I don't think a lot of people understand the purpose of this product, nor do they seem to comprehend its function. As we get older, our lips also show signs of aging. Think about older ladies who have vertical lines on their upper lips. This product is intended to help prevent such things, and does a great job. You're supposed to use a tiny bit and gently exfoliate the lips for a few minutes. It doesn't taste bad at all if you do get some in your mouth. Like most fresh products, it tastes like brown sugar. This hasn't really been an issue for me, as I tend to keep my mouth closed during the process.

I focus on my upper lip, as that seems to be where older women show the most signs of aging in their mouth region. The instructions tell you to wash off with a warm washcloth. Again, many reviewers below clearly did not follow instructions. Sure, there is a brief period of moisturization immediately following the treatment. But the purpose is to exfoliate…not to moisturize. In fact, I put a lip moisturizer on as soon as I'm done using this product to maximize the benefits. When following the instructions, you can't go wrong. I absolutely love it and will continue to use it.

Top Rated Lip Treatments