Fresh Fresh Brown Sugar Lip Polish

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Fresh Fresh Brown Sugar Lip Polish

3.4

-Sugar: A natural humectant and skin-soother that helps prevent moisture loss, buffs away dry flakes. -Meadowfoam Seed, Jojoba Seed, and Grapeseed Oils: Nourish, hydrate, and protect. They absorb into the skin rapidly and restore suppleness to dry, rough, and damaged skin while locking in moisture. -Shea Butter: An extremely effective moisturizer that acts as a protective shield to restore suppleness to dry and damaged skin. -Vitamin E: Helps prevent the breakdown of collagen and elastin by defending against wrinkle-causing free radicals. Sucrose, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Isononyl Isononanoate, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Molasses, Fragrance (Parfum), Nylon-12, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Limonene*, Benzyl Alcohol*, Linalool*, Citral*.

on 8/17/2015 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

As a kid, I had lip traumas that left some discoloration and a tendency for my lips to dry out really quickly. Now as an adult my lips are prone to blistering, feathering, and are really sensitive. I can't leave my house without a super moisturizing lip balm in every purse. I'm a skin care nut, and take very very good care of my skin, everyone comments that I look much younger than my age thanks to my now perfected skin care routine, but I haven't been able to find the right products for my lips and their constant chapped state drives me crazy. I've spent the better part of a year trying to find a solution and was honestly beginning to think that I would have to break my no surgery rule and look into fillers or something medical to fix my chronic lip dryness.

I was skeptical when I tried this scrub because I haven't had the best results with other products. However, fresh lip treatments often have a cult following (doesn't mean anything to me anymore because I'm such an outlier on this issue) and the sugar line has a solid natural ingredients list so there was a good chance I wouldn't have a reaction to it.

I tested it out in store. At first I thought to myself it just felt like rubbing my lips with sugar, which I've tried at home. But you have to really scrub this on for a full minute at least, because after about 30 seconds the essential oils and Shea butter in the blend starts to melt into your lips and really soften them. I could feel my eyes start to widen while I was standing there in the aisle. I just knew something different was happening. TURNING POINT!

After so many disappointments I didn't want to get my hopes up too much. So, I've held off on writing this review for a week now after using this scrub once daily. The instructions say to use it 2-3 times a week. Yup, I use it DAILY. I'M SO HAPPY. Technically it hasn't even been a full week, and there is a distinct difference in the state of my lips. They were severely chapped on day one thanks to a bad reaction to another company's product. This scrub gently buffed all that away and after day two they stopped getting that dry. I didn't use it on morning three, to give my lips a rest, and they were ok, but by the afternoon I just couldn't help myself, I used the scrub again and my lips felt much better. My lipsticks and glosses go on more smoothly and stay on! No weird little flakes on my bottom lip in the morning. I'm in heaven! I've been using the fresh sugar lip treatment w/sunscreen (spf 15) in untinted after I scrub and it's good (not great). Definitely moisturizes but doesn't quite soak into my lips as much as I would like. My lips do still get dry after a long day out so I'm still looking for a better balm but I'm not coating the sugar lip treatment out. I would use it at night for sure. There is a significant improvement in their overall structure and shape since I started using the scrub. I'm a happy gal and feel so much more confident since finding this!

on 5/8/2015 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is a great product, but it's quite expensive for a basic but effective lip exfoliant. My main complaint would be the price.

on 2/16/2015 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a really nice, albeit overpriced lip scrub for removing flaky skin and keeping lips baby soft. It has a delicious brown sugar/ lemon scent, comes in a cute little pot, and it isn't too abrasive. I find this product indispensable during the winter months.

I got a sample size of this in my QVC beauty advent calendar. Generally I make my own sugar scrubs because they are over priced for what they are but this one may convert me. The scrub is fine, applies easily, and it leaves a nice moisturized feeling. Definitely impressed and will make my wishlist.

on 10/30/2013 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Really conflicted on how to review this product...

On one hand, it DOES work. It exfoliates nicely. But on the other hand, it's super pricey for something that you can easily make at home. I think I'll just stick to my brown sugar/olive oil scrub.

This smelled great and I was excited to get the sample from Sephora. Nothing great as far as exfoliating and I thought it left my lips feeling pretty dry. Worst thing? It tastes horrible! I wasn't expecting to want to eat it or anything but can't help a little leftover on lips and it tastes like horrible chemicals! Nasty!

on 8/30/2012 9:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I got this from Sephora free for my birthday. I love the packaging, its so cute. The treatments make my lips feel super soft and they smell so good. The treatment lasts a long time. Would I go out and buy this again? Not really. It reminds me of the lip gloss Nivea that you can find at the check out stand at your local pharmacy. I love the free idea though.

on 7/29/2012 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Like all Fresh products, the lip polish is ridiculously expensive. However, the tiny pot will last forever. You only need the tiniest amount and you don't need to use it daily. I wear lipstick every single day (and most days it's a shade of red) so I need my lips to be smooth. Some lipsticks dry out my lips but sometimes my lips just get dry for no reason, and when my lips get dry, they also start to flake. I don't need to tell anyone here that flaky lips is disgusting enough alone, but under lipstick, it's just nasty. NOTHING can get my lips as smooth and soft as Fresh Brown Sugar Lip Polish. My lips are so much smoother afterwards than buffing with a toothbrush or washcloth. This is completely worth the extra money, especially if you love to wear lipstick.

on 5/15/2012 9:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Overpriced, and doesnt do anything a good, thick layer of lip balm & a wash cloth cant do! I got it when I was obsessed with all things Fresh Sugar, thats the only way I can explain shelling out $20+ for this. Now granted, my lips are in pretty good shape, just the occasional flaky bits, so if my lips were dry, chapped, peeling, etc, etc. maybe I would see better results from this. Sure it smells good & tastes good & leaves my lips smoother, but the results are only temporary. The texture of this scrub is thick & pasty & kind of hard to spread. I put this on before jumping in the shower, then rub my lips together and rinse it off, and by the time Im putting my makeup on, my lips already feel dried out. Id expect this not only to slough off any dead skin but leave my lips feeling moisturized, which this does not do. Sometimes I apply Fresh Sugar lip treatment immediately after using this, and it does leave my lips more moisturized & prepped for lip color, but I can use countless other combos to get the same effect. Its not necessarily a bad product, I just think its way overpriced for a mediocre product and mediocre results. I would not recommend or repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I bought this in a set. It's nice but I feel like it's a little expensive for something you could make at home. Overall, it's just not worth the money. I'll use it up but I won't be repurchasing. I'll just go back to the toothbrush and lip balm trick.

Popular Lip Treatments