Fresh Fresh Brown Sugar Lip Polish

Fresh Fresh Brown Sugar Lip Polish

3.9

-Sugar: A natural humectant and skin-soother that helps prevent moisture loss, buffs away dry flakes. -Meadowfoam Seed, Jojoba Seed, and Grapeseed Oils: Nourish, hydrate, and protect. They absorb into the skin rapidly and restore suppleness to dry, rough, and damaged skin while locking in moisture. -Shea Butter: An extremely effective moisturizer that acts as a protective shield to restore suppleness to dry and damaged skin. -Vitamin E: Helps prevent the breakdown of collagen and elastin by defending against wrinkle-causing free radicals. Sucrose, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Isononyl Isononanoate, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Molasses, Fragrance (Parfum), Nylon-12, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Limonene*, Benzyl Alcohol*, Linalool*, Citral*.

on 2/7/2014 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I am sure glad I got a sample of this before buying at Sephora. This is a very basic scrub, nothing special and surely not worth the 22.50 price tag.

After researching online, I decided to try making my own with products I already had in my pantry: sugar, olive oil and honey. It did just as good a job as this product. You can use other oils like almond or grape seed, put in flavorings like vanilla, mint, etc and food coloring if you wish. Bottom line, this treatment can be made quite cheaply at home in small or large amounts and stored in a small plastic container. No need to buy expensive polishes like this.

This smelled great and I was excited to get the sample from Sephora. Nothing great as far as exfoliating and I thought it left my lips feeling pretty dry. Worst thing? It tastes horrible! I wasn't expecting to want to eat it or anything but can't help a little leftover on lips and it tastes like horrible chemicals! Nasty!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Have you heard of the emperors new clothes? Think the emperors new lip treatment when you see this. Sorry, but this product is hilarious.

First of all, my lips tend to be really dry all year round.
Aside from the obvious route of making your own sugar polish, this product just didn't work. It did not buff away all of of the dead skin from my lips. I had to resort to removing it with cloth. The sugar just wasn't grainy enough. The oils in it were not very special or kept my lips hydrated for very long (it wore off in 10 min).

Seriously people, either make your own or use a washcloth or toothbrush. I bet 'Fresh cosmetics' is laughing at everyone who gets suckered into purchasing this product. It's just SUGAR and Oils.

Good for: People who have an aversion to making their own stuff, even if it's super duper simple.

Not for: People who have access to sugar and oil at home.

on 11/13/2010 9:33:00 PM

Maybe it's just living in MN, since others have great reviews....but I hate this lip scrub!! It made my lips burn & super dry. I am so disappointed. I'll just stick my my home-made brown sugar & honey scub.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This does nothing for my lips but leave them dried out. I really like the Laura Gellar Mint lip scrub which worked very well for me.

on 5/15/2012 9:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Overpriced, and doesnt do anything a good, thick layer of lip balm & a wash cloth cant do! I got it when I was obsessed with all things Fresh Sugar, thats the only way I can explain shelling out $20+ for this. Now granted, my lips are in pretty good shape, just the occasional flaky bits, so if my lips were dry, chapped, peeling, etc, etc. maybe I would see better results from this. Sure it smells good & tastes good & leaves my lips smoother, but the results are only temporary. The texture of this scrub is thick & pasty & kind of hard to spread. I put this on before jumping in the shower, then rub my lips together and rinse it off, and by the time Im putting my makeup on, my lips already feel dried out. Id expect this not only to slough off any dead skin but leave my lips feeling moisturized, which this does not do. Sometimes I apply Fresh Sugar lip treatment immediately after using this, and it does leave my lips more moisturized & prepped for lip color, but I can use countless other combos to get the same effect. Its not necessarily a bad product, I just think its way overpriced for a mediocre product and mediocre results. I would not recommend or repurchase.

on 1/15/2012 3:02:00 PM

I bought this from sephora in a set with the matching lip balm. I'm not that impressed with it considering the price of it alone. The sugar component of the scrub isn't as harsh as I would like it, for me it hardly scrubs the dead skin from my lips by it's self. I have to use a toothbrush along with the scrub to do the job properly. I really don't like the taste of it as well.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

This feels nice but honestly, you can get the same results with a soft toothbrush and a good lip balm. I wouldn't repurchase for the high price. My lips dried up again less than an hour after applying this :(

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I loved this product. It always got dead skin off my lips and left my lips very smooth. They felt buttery each time I used this. Lip lines were buffered off temporarily.

I put a "yes" for repurchasing because it is a great product, however it gets a 3 lippie rating for the price. The ingredients are nothing special. Most cheap dupes will give you the same effects. Lip scrubs are only meant to be a short term fix as manual exfoliation requires regular maintenance. Personally I liked using this before going to bed at night, or in the morning before make up. It makes lip products apply much smoother because it primes the lip skin.

If you don't mind splurging - go for it. Just keep in mind it's somewhat overpriced.

on 1/25/2016 10:57:00 PM

Not a bad product but I have no other lip scrubs to compare it to. I used to never get super dry lips until winter 2015... They didn't look dry but they felt like a goldfish gasping for water. Even my beloved Chapstick would feel like a block of beeswax stuck to my lips. I bought this longgg ago at Sephora and it was nice to use once in a while when I needed it.

It has a sweet, vanilla kind of smell that isn't very overpowering. They use real sugar and a lot of it so it doesn't taste like chemicals if you get it in your mouth or on your tongue by accident. Its very thick and again, has lots of sugar to exfoliate with so you only need very little. The thing I don't like about is that it feels extremely greasy, so greasy that I would need to continuously use cleanser to clean it off to have that feeling go away.

My lips are gong through a weird dry phase again and I'm using this as often as possible and hydrating it after, but it's not entirely working. I suggest this as something you'd keep to use once in a while for mildly dry lips.

Top Rated Lip Treatments