Fresh Fresh Brown Sugar Lip Polish

Fresh Fresh Brown Sugar Lip Polish

3.9

-Sugar: A natural humectant and skin-soother that helps prevent moisture loss, buffs away dry flakes. -Meadowfoam Seed, Jojoba Seed, and Grapeseed Oils: Nourish, hydrate, and protect. They absorb into the skin rapidly and restore suppleness to dry, rough, and damaged skin while locking in moisture. -Shea Butter: An extremely effective moisturizer that acts as a protective shield to restore suppleness to dry and damaged skin. -Vitamin E: Helps prevent the breakdown of collagen and elastin by defending against wrinkle-causing free radicals. Sucrose, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Isononyl Isononanoate, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Molasses, Fragrance (Parfum), Nylon-12, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Limonene*, Benzyl Alcohol*, Linalool*, Citral*.

on 2/7/2014 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I am sure glad I got a sample of this before buying at Sephora. This is a very basic scrub, nothing special and surely not worth the 22.50 price tag.

After researching online, I decided to try making my own with products I already had in my pantry: sugar, olive oil and honey. It did just as good a job as this product. You can use other oils like almond or grape seed, put in flavorings like vanilla, mint, etc and food coloring if you wish. Bottom line, this treatment can be made quite cheaply at home in small or large amounts and stored in a small plastic container. No need to buy expensive polishes like this.

This smelled great and I was excited to get the sample from Sephora. Nothing great as far as exfoliating and I thought it left my lips feeling pretty dry. Worst thing? It tastes horrible! I wasn't expecting to want to eat it or anything but can't help a little leftover on lips and it tastes like horrible chemicals! Nasty!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Have you heard of the emperors new clothes? Think the emperors new lip treatment when you see this. Sorry, but this product is hilarious.

First of all, my lips tend to be really dry all year round.
Aside from the obvious route of making your own sugar polish, this product just didn't work. It did not buff away all of of the dead skin from my lips. I had to resort to removing it with cloth. The sugar just wasn't grainy enough. The oils in it were not very special or kept my lips hydrated for very long (it wore off in 10 min).

Seriously people, either make your own or use a washcloth or toothbrush. I bet 'Fresh cosmetics' is laughing at everyone who gets suckered into purchasing this product. It's just SUGAR and Oils.

Good for: People who have an aversion to making their own stuff, even if it's super duper simple.

Not for: People who have access to sugar and oil at home.

on 11/13/2010 9:33:00 PM

Maybe it's just living in MN, since others have great reviews....but I hate this lip scrub!! It made my lips burn & super dry. I am so disappointed. I'll just stick my my home-made brown sugar & honey scub.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Overhyped, waaaay overpriced. Messy, time-consuming and not very effective. Also the sugar pieces slide all over the place, transfer grease onto your face and the bits are difficult to remove when I'm finished. I recommend e.l.f. Cosmetics Lip Exfoliator instead. Its 10 x more effective, is easy to remove with just a wipe of a tissue, is more moisturising and comes in a whole ton of delicious flavors for only $3. Also consider DIY versions, they work better than this for only a few pennies.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This does nothing for my lips but leave them dried out. I really like the Laura Gellar Mint lip scrub which worked very well for me.

on 5/15/2012 9:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Overpriced, and doesn’t do anything a good, thick layer of lip balm & a wash cloth can’t do! I got it when I was obsessed with all things ‘Fresh Sugar’, that’s the only way I can explain shelling out $20+ for this. Now granted, my lips are in pretty good shape, just the occasional ‘flaky bits’, so if my lips were dry, chapped, peeling, etc, etc. maybe I would see better ‘results’ from this. Sure it smells good & tastes good & leaves my lips smoother, but the results are only temporary. The texture of this scrub is thick & pasty & kind of hard to spread. I put this on before jumping in the shower, then rub my lips together and rinse it off, and by the time I’m putting my makeup on, my lips already feel dried out. I’d expect this not only to ‘slough’ off any dead skin but leave my lips feeling moisturized, which this does not do. Sometimes I apply Fresh Sugar lip treatment immediately after using this, and it does leave my lips more moisturized & prepped for lip color, but I can use countless other combos to get the same effect. Its not necessarily a ‘bad’ product, I just think its way overpriced for a mediocre product and mediocre results. I would not recommend or repurchase.

on 1/15/2012 3:02:00 PM

I bought this from sephora in a set with the matching lip balm. I'm not that impressed with it considering the price of it alone. The sugar component of the scrub isn't as harsh as I would like it, for me it hardly scrubs the dead skin from my lips by it's self. I have to use a toothbrush along with the scrub to do the job properly. I really don't like the taste of it as well.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

This feels nice but honestly, you can get the same results with a soft toothbrush and a good lip balm. I wouldn't repurchase for the high price. My lips dried up again less than an hour after applying this :(

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I loved this product. It always got dead skin off my lips and left my lips very smooth. They felt buttery each time I used this. Lip lines were buffered off temporarily.

I put a "yes" for repurchasing because it is a great product, however it gets a 3 lippie rating for the price. The ingredients are nothing special. Most cheap dupes will give you the same effects. Lip scrubs are only meant to be a short term fix as manual exfoliation requires regular maintenance. Personally I liked using this before going to bed at night, or in the morning before make up. It makes lip products apply much smoother because it primes the lip skin.

If you don't mind splurging - go for it. Just keep in mind it's somewhat overpriced.