Fresh Fresh Brown Sugar Lip Polish

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Fresh Fresh Brown Sugar Lip Polish

4.5

-Sugar: A natural humectant and skin-soother that helps prevent moisture loss, buffs away dry flakes. -Meadowfoam Seed, Jojoba Seed, and Grapeseed Oils: Nourish, hydrate, and protect. They absorb into the skin rapidly and restore suppleness to dry, rough, and damaged skin while locking in moisture. -Shea Butter: An extremely effective moisturizer that acts as a protective shield to restore suppleness to dry and damaged skin. -Vitamin E: Helps prevent the breakdown of collagen and elastin by defending against wrinkle-causing free radicals. Sucrose, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Isononyl Isononanoate, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Molasses, Fragrance (Parfum), Nylon-12, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Limonene*, Benzyl Alcohol*, Linalool*, Citral*.

on 1/31/2018 1:31:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

IMHO this is the best sugar lip scrub out there. All the other ones (Sara Happ, etc.) have sugar granuales that are wayyyy to big.

on 12/5/2015 12:52:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I tried three different Fresh sugar lip products and this is my favourite of the three. I have no complaints about how it works. It exfoliates well and leaves my lips feeling lightly moisturized afterwards. However, I do have a complaint about the price. This product is a mix of brown sugar and oils, and as others have said, you can easily make it yourself for a fraction of the price. I prefer the thicker texture of this product to the homemade version, but could not justify the price tag.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

You must use dry fingers when you put this on your lips as water tends to dis-intergrate the rest of the sugar left in the pot. There isn't much in this pot, but it will last several months if you use a little bit once or twice a week. Try not to get any on the edges around your mouth as it does feel sticky around the skin and is hard to wash off. I tend to use a cotton bud to scoop some out from the pot and then use my fingers to rub it into my skin.

I am unsure as to whether or not normal brown sugar with honey may have similar effects. It seems likely. Regardless, the polish does exfoliate well and removes a lot of chapped/dead skin (I suffer from very dry lips). It makes it much easier to apply lipstick the next day. Your lips look better too. Though I would recommend sliding on a good chapstick to moisturise after the polish and before bed too!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a really nice scrub to exfoliate my lips with. My lips are really dry, and I live in a dry climate. I use it a couple times a week, mostly before I wear matte lipstick. It smells really yummy, and is moisturizing too. Yes, you could probably make something similar that isn't as expensive, but I really love it!

on 12/27/2013 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Yes, it's overpriced and "over-hyped" (whatever the latter means) and, yes, you can certainly make your own lip scrub far more cheaply on your own. However, I got this in my Xmas stocking from my husband (after having used a few samples from Sephora) and I am very glad to have it. Chapped, peeling lips basically come along with a Canadian winter and this scrub is terrific to use to get off all the dead bits of chapped skin before using a good lip treatment (I like Fresh's lip treatment that was a freebie birthday gift a couple of years go or Nuxe Reve de Miel or Clarins) to rehydrate the smoother skin underneath. In a season when I enjoy wearing a bright red lip, having smooth, non-flakey lips to start with is pretty important.

Considering you don't need to use a lot of this, it does last a long time (but the price is a bit daft, though it was a nice indulgence to get as a gift).

on 2/9/2013 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product is a must-have for me in the winter. Despite my constant moisturizing my lips get flakey - looks and feels terrible. This does the trick - exfoliates so my lips are smooth and I can wear lipstick again!

I have read reviews saying that you can make this at home - maybe you can, but I know I won't. Also, this comes in a little package I can carry around in my purse for those days I forget to exfoliate and realize too late (i.e. already at work) that I really need to. AND it last forever. I actually bought this last year in a holiday package that came with the lip treatment so this is a smaller size than normal. Will last for a long time - however, should I run out, I will definitely buy again.

on 10/4/2011 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

excellent scrub for the lips. if you use accutane & feel the need to scrub your face, this is angood choice. after using this, your lips will feel smooth.

on 7/29/2011 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Worth every dime! One of my splurges, but lasts a long time and a little dab goes a long way. Haven't tried the tinted versions yet, but they are on my list. I wear this at night as well and I wake up with full soft lips (almost exfoliated). Wonderful scent too.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I like this product, but I feel like a homemade brown sugar scrub would do just as good of a job. This was kind of an impulse, pick-me-up buy from Sephora. For $22, I think it's expensive for such a small amount, but like others have said, a little does go a long way. You really don't need too much to scrub off the dry flakes on your lips. It smells great and tastes great, too (not that I eat it although it's easy to be tempted to...), and is pretty moisturizing. I don't find it super hydrating, though, my lips do look a little wrinkly after use. Still, at least I haven't been worrying about chapped lips this winter. I wouldn't repurchase, but I really like the container, so I think I will fill it up with a homemade scrub once I finish this tub.

on 10/27/2010 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Raven Beauty wrote such a wonderful review that I have little to add. This is the bomb. Not as chunky as Sara Happ's Lip Scrub, scrubbier than Laura Geller's Lip Strip, this product gets the job done thoroughly and efficiently and smells heavenly as well. The five-minute treatment is really worth the time, both for the benefit to lips and the delightful aromatherapy experience. It's a tad pricey at $22.50 for 0.6 oz., but a tiny amount does the job, and this beats any other lip treatment I've tried, hands down. If you suffer from winter-dry, flaky lips, treat yourself to this little gem. You won't be sorry.

Update 12/1/10: I'm continuing to use this twice a week or so and still love it. I have found that leaving this on the lips for five minutes or so after applying and gently scrubbing is key--it really makes all the difference in moisturization. Great stuff!