NARS Sex Appeal

NARS Sex Appeal
Sex AppealSex Appeal

4.3

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Firstly I have neutral/fair skin, Mac NC15, medium blonde hair and blue eyes.

This blush is absolutely perfect for fair skin tones. I have applied this with or without foundation, it looks amazing either way.

It barely shows up as an arm swatch but when applied to cheeks, it is the perfect peach/pink natural flush with no shimmer but not flat. It can be built up but no clown face or dirty cheeks will occur with this blush.

Note: I dislike blush that is too orange, red or too brown/muddy looking. This is one of my favourite blush, the other is Mac Well Dressed.

I have been using this blush everyday for a week now and I am still blown away by this product.

I love it and will definitely repurchase!

I love Nars blushes but this one was disappointing for me. If I put too little it barely shows up and then if I use more of it it doesn't have that nice light look. So for me this is not buildable and for the price not worth the color.

on 9/16/2015 3:19:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

I love this shade, it perfect for my NC10-15 skin. So effortless cause I don't have to be careful putting too much on my cheeks and it gives a healthy color to my face. It's a bit powdery when picked up to a brush but I don't really mind cause I don't think it's powdery once blended to the skin. Definitely recommend for fair skinned ladies with warm undertones.

on 4/23/2015 12:30:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This blush is a lovely, subtle colour that probably only really works for people with very light skin. It's the first blush I have ever hit pan on.

On me it brightens up my skin and makes me look healthier, without looking like "blush". I usually apply it over a BB cream to add some colour back to my skin when I'm doing "no-makeup" makeup.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This blush was a surprise for me. I thought that it would not show up, even on my fair skin, but it did. It adds a nice touch of colour, and lasts all day. The quality is definitely there. I use this blush when I want to emphasize my eyes, or lips, so I don't draw too much attention to my cheeks. I probably won't ever use the whole pan of blush, so I am unlikely to repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

My skin tone would best be described as the neutral baby of MAC NC/NW shades, probably between a 10 and 15, but not quite 15, with very slight warm undertones. There are no drugstore foundations that come close to matching my skin, nor are there many at Sephora that would work either. I have to use custom-blended mineral powder foundation. That is how ridiculously pale my skin is.

This blush looks absolutely gorgeous on my skin. It is a MATTE (yay!) light peachy pink that can be used quite sheerly, or built up to a bit of a darker color. It didn't look like much in the pan, and swatched a bit powdery, but holy cow does it transform once on the cheeks. It looks incredibly natural and not ruddy, dirty, or too cool-toned. Even though it is matte, the color adds a warmth that looks like a glow even when there isn't a visible shimmer or sheen. This is my everyday HG blush, which used to be Benefit's Dandelion which is much more sheer than Sex Appeal. I feel like I am getting a much better value for my money with the NARS blush, as I don't have to dig my brush in to get color payoff as I do with Dandelion. I apply it as I do other NARS blushes, in which I touch the brush to the powder, tap off the excess, and apply. Sex Appeal is just as pigmented as NARS' others, it's just that the lighter colored pigments that may not show up on darker skin.

Pros:
-Natural looking
-Matte
-Pigmented
-Color that can be used every day

Cons:
-NARS packaging is irritating as it gets dirty so quickly and I have yet to find a way to clean it well
-NARS blushes may be out of some people's price ranges at $29/each. That said, the first NARS blush I bought was Deep Throat, which I use quite often. It's been at least 4 years since I bought it, and I still haven't hit pan. You definitely get what you pay for with NARS blushes.

on 10/14/2013 11:40:00 AM

This is the perfect blush for the very fair! I am NC 20 and this gives me a pretty pinky peach flush that stays for hours. The texture is soft and blends easily. I recommend using the real techniques blush brush for the perfect amount of pigment. I just wish it was cheaper.

This color is absolutely perfect for pale skin-tones! It gives me a beautiful, healthy glow. However, it does not have the greatest ingredients and tends to break me out (the first ingredient is talc) so I don't use it for that reason :(

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

This is my HG blush, and I'm forever grateful to the NARS SA at the otherwise-very-intimidating Saks who introduced me to it. It's lovely on my pale skin, one compact lasts forever, and NO SHIMMER OR GLITTER. Perfect.

LOVE THIS. And perfect for my pale skin!