NARS Cosmetics Sex Appeal

NARS Cosmetics Sex Appeal
Sex AppealSex Appeal

4.4

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

My HG! This is a light peachy glowy blush that gives you super fresh, healthy looking cheeks. Its also matt, so gives a powdery finish. I love light peachy blushes, i have so many and i really love this. I'm NC 25 and this shows up on my skintone pretty well.

The product is very fine and pressed well. It does not get powdery when i'm using my brush to pick up product. Very nice indeed.

I basically have not complain about this blush.

on 6/28/2012 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

For me, Sex Appeal is the absolute perfect blush that no one can tell it's on (for those who have medium toned skin, I have yellow undertones), but does make a very big difference when applied. If you're searching for a blush that will show up as a true peachy pink, this is not the suitable shade for that job. I personally am really drawn to the fact that its a pinky nude color with a peach tinge to it, it delivers a very perfect nuance to my overall face that I personally love. For me, it's a very subtle (and i mean extremely subtle) wash of color on the cheeks, that's only a little bit lighter than my skin tone. It can be built up if you apply more layers with the brush, where it then turns into more of a brighter baby/peach pink. I am very much enjoying this product as of late.

After debating for months whether or not I was pale enough for sex appeal, I decided to just try it out. I'm currently about NC15 now that it's Summer and closer to NC10 in the Winter time. I think this shade will look even more flattering once my skin is super pale again this Fall/Winter. I noticed that most of the negative reviews are from people deeper than NC15, I'm sure that anyone darker than me would hate this blush because it will not show up. On my skin it's a very subtle muted peach, almost a nude peach shade

So I am not pale and I love this blush. I have medium toned golden skin and think Sex Appeal gives a very pretty glow. I like sweeping it on with Too Faced's Flatbuki. I think the point of this shade was to be a sheer natural blush, for that sexy sort of lit from within glow. I don't think it was meant to be full on pigmented and it's clearly not a bright trendy shade. I think it's a classic shade for NARS now and do not think it's chalky on me. Don't try packing it on, just let it be what it's suppose to be- subtle and natural. It's nice paired with nude blush or matte bronzer also.

on 9/4/2011 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

i actually really like this blush :) i didn't think it would work for me at first (nc25, asian, olive undertones) since it didn't show up on my hand at all. on my cheeks, though, it's close to the soft peach they described, although it does lean more towards the pink side on me. this is pretty subtle -- since i am nc25 it's less "pop of color," more of a flush or a glow, good for an everyday look.

i also have to say, i love nars packaging. i keep all of my makeup in muji drawers so maybe that's why i haven't hard a problem with staining or wear, but i love the rubberized feel and the matte black look. anyway, very pretty blush. i'm glad i took the plunge on this.

on 3/28/2011 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I cannot believe how much I love this blush. I am an NC35 and it gives me the most perfect pinkish hue on my cheeks. It is not very pigmented which means you wont' overdo it and barely shows up. But that is exactly what I was looking for, a blush that gave me a natural flush without looking made up. It is perfect for the "no make-up" look.

on 3/13/2011 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I absolutely love this blush. I was hesitant to buy it at first because it looked really light for my skintone(NC35). However once I applied it to my skin it just looked really pretty. It gives you a natural peach flush, it is very buildable as well. Would really recommend this blush.

on 3/10/2011 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

SO impressed by this unconventional NARS item. I was initially very turned off by the chalky appearance, but once I actually applied it to the cheeks it gave the hint of blush I was looking for. I used to be very into Nars blushes, but lately have been turned off by them because of their high pigmented quality. Maybe b.c I'm getting older, but bright blushes and shimmers are things I don't reach for anymore. Although, this blush definitely won't show up on darker skintones, it shows up on my medium/olive/MAC NC35 skin. I like that I can never overdo it with this blush no matter how heavy handed I am. This is now my go-to, foolproof, subdued-enough-for-daytime, "barely there-makeup" look.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I just picked up this blush at my local Nordstrom's without trying it because there was no tester available and even the lady at the counter tried to tell me that it would be too pale for me. But I had to try it for myself and I have to say that it is LOVE! I know that many reviewers are saying that it's only for fair skin but I'm NC35 for MAC and I60 in Shiseido but this blush is what I've been looking in a peach blush. At first i was in love with Nars Gilda but most times it was so pigmented that my blush would look overdone in the morning, I've tried Gina as well and that always ended up orange on my cheeks. This blush however is very buildable, at first when I apply it it looks like nothing but just give it a few minutes and it warms up on your face giving you the most natural beautiful peach flush, it kind of reminds me of Mac Fun and Games which I loved but found that it generally disappeared after a few hours (most MAC blushes tend to do that on me). Hopefully this becomes permanent because I've finally just found my HG peach blush!

on 1/22/2011 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I got this blush because it was dubbed as the "softer" cousin of NARS Orgasm, which I find difficult to wear for some reason. But this shade is LOVELY! It gives me a natural flush on my cheeks and is hard to overdo. My only downfall is the price.

Popular Blush Products