NARS Sex Appeal

NARS Sex Appeal
Sex AppealSex Appeal

3.7

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This blush was a surprise for me. I thought that it would not show up, even on my fair skin, but it did. It adds a nice touch of colour, and lasts all day. The quality is definitely there. I use this blush when I want to emphasize my eyes, or lips, so I don't draw too much attention to my cheeks. I probably won't ever use the whole pan of blush, so I am unlikely to repurchase.

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I just recently started getting into blush as I have very fair skin and always thought blush made me look sun burnt. I wanted to add more color to my face and this looked like the perfect color, so true! I love it, it's a light peachy pink color and very hard (if not impossible) to over do. It gives my skin a healthy natural look and has made me fall in love with blush!

on 12/19/2012 3:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I am so disappointed by this blush. I've been thinking about it constantly for three weeks and I finally decided to pull the trigger. I truly believed it was THE blush for me. How wrong I was. I consider myself very pale, but I guess it's all relative. I'm around an NC20, probably closer to NC15 right now since it's winter. This blush barely showed up on me. It was barely detectable after 5 good swipes. That's crazy. After that may swipes it started to look powdery. I should say that I am used to more pigmented blushes, but I've recently gotten into the nude blush look and thought that would be perfect. I'm going to stick to Giorgio Armani blushes. I know everyone and their mom loves NARS, but I really haven't fallen in love with any NARS blushes and I've owned 7 at some point but always end up purging them. A good alternative to this blush is Cargo Molokai which is also a peachy matte blush that is a great nude and actually shows up.

on 4/22/2012 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I am around an NC20 (no perfect MAC shade but the closest I can identify with) with neutral tones. Sex Appeal appears to be a soft light peach with slight pink tones. As some others have expressed, I too cannot get this blush to show up on my skin well. It gives the *slightest* hint of (orangey!) peach on me.The problem is that the blush is not finely milled and ends up looking chalky and cakey on my skin because I have to pack it on in order to show. Because of that, I can't even build up to the intensity that I would like as the blush is too powdery and chalky in texture. If you're lucky enough to have this show up true to colour on your skin, I'd imagine it would look like a really pretty flush of matte light peach. Unfortunately for me it was a waste of money. I just get an orange chalky mess. Very disappointed considering the price.

on 4/21/2011 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

NARS makes the best blushes! I love this one. It's a very nice, sheer peachy blush. Unlike other blushes from NARS this one is not very pigmented and will only show up on VERY fair skin. I'm NC10 and even I have some problems to make it show up on my cheeks - and that's awesome because it's impossible to overdo it! I like to apply this at first and then use MAC's eyeshadow in Paradisco on the top to give my cheeks a nice sheen :)

on 3/28/2011 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I cannot believe how much I love this blush. I am an NC35 and it gives me the most perfect pinkish hue on my cheeks. It is not very pigmented which means you wont' overdo it and barely shows up. But that is exactly what I was looking for, a blush that gave me a natural flush without looking made up. It is perfect for the "no make-up" look.

on 12/19/2010 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am NW15 and I do not like really bright, pigmented blushes. That said, this blush gives a really healthy glow to my cheeks without making it look like I have blush on, because I hate how that looks. I love how it lights up my face. Contrary to some others, I find that this blush isn't really that pigmented and I can put on a lot before I start to turn "clown-like". I can see how somebody who likes a bold cheek would not like this color. However, it is perfect for me and I would highly recommend it to others who like a soft look! Note: Upon too heavy application I have found it starts to look "muddy"