NARS Sex Appeal

NARS Sex Appeal
Sex AppealSex Appeal

3.6

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

My HG! This is a light peachy glowy blush that gives you super fresh, healthy looking cheeks. Its also matt, so gives a powdery finish. I love light peachy blushes, i have so many and i really love this. I'm NC 25 and this shows up on my skintone pretty well.

The product is very fine and pressed well. It does not get powdery when i'm using my brush to pick up product. Very nice indeed.

I basically have not complain about this blush.

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

This is my HG blush, and I'm forever grateful to the NARS SA at the otherwise-very-intimidating Saks who introduced me to it. It's lovely on my pale skin, one compact lasts forever, and NO SHIMMER OR GLITTER. Perfect.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I am actually not a huge fan of nars blushes. I do not like orgasm, or torrid, or deep throat.

However, sex appeal is an awesome shade. it's matte, peachy warm toned pink. very subtle, very pale. it just looks super natural on my pale skin.

This will not show up on medium skin tones, and it might look chalky on deeper skin tones. this is definately a blush for fair skin.

After debating for months whether or not I was pale enough for sex appeal, I decided to just try it out. I'm currently about NC15 now that it's Summer and closer to NC10 in the Winter time. I think this shade will look even more flattering once my skin is super pale again this Fall/Winter. I noticed that most of the negative reviews are from people deeper than NC15, I'm sure that anyone darker than me would hate this blush because it will not show up. On my skin it's a very subtle muted peach, almost a nude peach shade

on 4/15/2012 5:14:00 PM

The reviews for this are really shocking to me. I have very fair skin and light, peachy blushes are my favorite. I can't wear very pigmented colors without them looking clowny.

That said, this was completely useless. It was almost invisible and if anything just made my skin look chalky. I don't understand by any means how this could be a blush, and it doesn't have any qualities to really be used as a highlighter or luminizer of any sort either. It was much too expensive to be so disappointing. I have never returned anything to Sephora, but I have been eyeing this one for about a year now thinking it might be the first to be so horrible that I could justify exchanging it. This was my first NARS blush, and judging by the extreme fan base, I am sure I could find another that I liked better - but this didn't leave my hopeful. Additionally, I am not really impressed with the NARS packaging. I like the aesthetic they are going for, but the rubbery material gets dull and dirty-looking very quickly. It ends up looking kind of old and worn next to other sleeker packaging. Not a huge issue, but for the price, they should improve it IMO.

on 3/29/2012 9:00:00 AM

I am NC20 and this blush is the most beautiful natural blush. Although most blushes look quite natural on me this is a kind of 'clean, innocent' colour.

one of my all time favorite blush! it's hard to over do with this soft, sheer peachy blush. it gives such a natural, innocent look. some people don't like nars packaging but i personally like it because it's very slim yet durable - i travel a lot and i tend to not take makeups that are bulky in packaging - for example...rock & republic & dior palettes.

on 4/17/2011 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

BEAUTIFULLL! I immediately fell in love with this blush upon seeing it at Sephora. I'm not big into the glittery NARS blushes since I have gigantic pores and don't need any help accentuating them. My HG blush is NARS Exhibit A, and this is happily a lot easier to apply than that (make 1 wrong stroke with Exhibit A and you can look like Bozo the clown!). Anyway, this is a gorgeous light peach color in the same fine, beautiful matte consistency as their other matte blushes. I have red hair and peach blush that is too orange makes me look like a weirdo. But peach blush that is too pink just isn't special for me. This is the perfect balance. It's a creamy true peach color for my NC15 skin and red hair. It's almost impossible to overapply this blush and it gives you a pretty, summery, subtle color. Would buy a billion times but I don't expect to run out anytime soon. Keep it up NARS!

on 4/16/2011 10:59:00 PM

IM SERIOUSLY IN LOVE WITH THIS BLUSH. SERIOUSLY. So ive been searching for a blush like this ever since i got into makeup(2-3 years ago). Before purchasing, i was hesitant because with all these reviews they say that this blush wouldnt show on people with my skin coloring, nc25(ceylan in nars sheer glow), but i tried it anyways. and THEY ARE WRONG. i packed this blush on thinking i needed alot to get it to show, and when i look in natural light it looked waaaay over applied. I tried again with a light application this time, and its BEAUTIFUL. with my yellow undertones, its hard for me to find a peach blush that wont make me look tan or burnt, because i like to embrace my pale-ness, haha. But finally i did! it doesnt pull extremely peach or pink, but its the perfect balance between the two, and when paired with mac vanilla pigment my face literally glows with radiance! im am a 10000% satisfied, and i will be wearing this everyday!!!

And to all the ladies nc25-35 that look this over just because its so light, try it on just incase. As long as you have yellow undertones, im sure you can pull it off.

on 4/12/2011 7:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I don't own a lot of NARS blushes, but of the ones I do own this is the one I like the least. I was really excited when I read about the release on the net, and ordered it right away. I am a NW15 for reference, and this barely shows up on my skin. If I want to get any colour I have to pack on a lot of product, which I find strange for a NARS blush. Will not buy this again.