NARS Sex Appeal

NARS Sex Appeal
Sex AppealSex Appeal

4.1

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Firstly I have neutral/fair skin, Mac NC15, medium blonde hair and blue eyes.

This blush is absolutely perfect for fair skin tones. I have applied this with or without foundation, it looks amazing either way.

It barely shows up as an arm swatch but when applied to cheeks, it is the perfect peach/pink natural flush with no shimmer but not flat. It can be built up but no clown face or dirty cheeks will occur with this blush.

Note: I dislike blush that is too orange, red or too brown/muddy looking. This is one of my favourite blush, the other is Mac Well Dressed.

I have been using this blush everyday for a week now and I am still blown away by this product.

I love it and will definitely repurchase!

It is the best powder blush I've ever put on my fair skin. I love how it applies, love the fact that I can keep applying it and it won't turn me into an overdone doll. As I said, my skin is very fair (most brands don't even offer a foundation light enough for me) and this blush is perfect. Not only does it show up on me but I actually managed to over-apply it once (but it also can be easily toned down with a clean brush). I would like to mention that since it's a powder blush, it should be used on top on a powder to get smooth application. I once used it on top of a BB cream and it went on patchy but I don't think it's the product's fault. Liquid foundations call for cream blushes, not powder ones. I will repurchase. It's a dream product for fair-skinned girls like me.

on 12/19/2012 3:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I am so disappointed by this blush. I've been thinking about it constantly for three weeks and I finally decided to pull the trigger. I truly believed it was THE blush for me. How wrong I was. I consider myself very pale, but I guess it's all relative. I'm around an NC20, probably closer to NC15 right now since it's winter. This blush barely showed up on me. It was barely detectable after 5 good swipes. That's crazy. After that may swipes it started to look powdery. I should say that I am used to more pigmented blushes, but I've recently gotten into the nude blush look and thought that would be perfect. I'm going to stick to Giorgio Armani blushes. I know everyone and their mom loves NARS, but I really haven't fallen in love with any NARS blushes and I've owned 7 at some point but always end up purging them. A good alternative to this blush is Cargo Molokai which is also a peachy matte blush that is a great nude and actually shows up.

on 4/22/2012 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I am around an NC20 (no perfect MAC shade but the closest I can identify with) with neutral tones. Sex Appeal appears to be a soft light peach with slight pink tones. As some others have expressed, I too cannot get this blush to show up on my skin well. It gives the *slightest* hint of (orangey!) peach on me.The problem is that the blush is not finely milled and ends up looking chalky and cakey on my skin because I have to pack it on in order to show. Because of that, I can't even build up to the intensity that I would like as the blush is too powdery and chalky in texture. If you're lucky enough to have this show up true to colour on your skin, I'd imagine it would look like a really pretty flush of matte light peach. Unfortunately for me it was a waste of money. I just get an orange chalky mess. Very disappointed considering the price.

on 4/15/2012 5:14:00 PM

The reviews for this are really shocking to me. I have very fair skin and light, peachy blushes are my favorite. I can't wear very pigmented colors without them looking clowny.

That said, this was completely useless. It was almost invisible and if anything just made my skin look chalky. I don't understand by any means how this could be a blush, and it doesn't have any qualities to really be used as a highlighter or luminizer of any sort either. It was much too expensive to be so disappointing. I have never returned anything to Sephora, but I have been eyeing this one for about a year now thinking it might be the first to be so horrible that I could justify exchanging it. This was my first NARS blush, and judging by the extreme fan base, I am sure I could find another that I liked better - but this didn't leave my hopeful. Additionally, I am not really impressed with the NARS packaging. I like the aesthetic they are going for, but the rubbery material gets dull and dirty-looking very quickly. It ends up looking kind of old and worn next to other sleeker packaging. Not a huge issue, but for the price, they should improve it IMO.

on 3/23/2012 12:25:00 AM

I love this blush. As others have noted, it's best if you are super pale. I am a Nars Mont Blanc / MUFE Mat Velvet 20 pale with yellow undertones. It looks fantastic on me and I've had a hard time finding something that looked nice, not too dark, streaky, ect. If you are pale, I highly recommend - it has no shimmer which I like, I wear it to work every day. Anyone with a darker complexion will probably be disappointed. Will def repurchase. Blends very nicely, easy to apply.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I go between this and NARS Deep Throat. They are both my faves. I reach for this when I'm doing more dramatics eyes with a lot of shimmer, so this Sex Appeal blush balances my eyes out because it has no shimmer and adds just a touch of color. I use Deep Throat when I feel like being more shimmery. You can't overdo it with Sex Appeal though, that's for sure. I don't wear foundation, just concealer usually, so this Sex Appeal adds to my natural cheek color. Perfect for daily use and conservative work places! I don't, however, wear this going out at night.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I will never bought this blush my self as we don’t have NARS here and I have to order online BUT then the color looks too pink and boring on the website and I would never thought i will like it. Then my BFF recommend me this as she bought one for her self and felt in love with it as well.
I used to love Luster and Douceur but this blush is just amazing. Total love. I am light to medium skin around MAC 15-20 and this blush show on my skin perfectly. Not too dark either too light…Just perfect. Don’t remember anything else to suit me that good.
Will stay with this in future.

on 4/17/2011 4:02:00 PM

Like the reviewer before me I would have never thought this blush would show up on my skin based upon the way it looked in the packaging. However, I read some reviews on here and decided that I would try it. I find it a very beautiful blush for my somewhat fair to medium skin tone. Not too glittery or bright, it adds just the right amount of flush to my cheeks, especially over a little similarly colored creme blush that has been blended well into my foundation. I find Nars' blushes to be worth the money.

on 4/16/2011 10:59:00 PM

IM SERIOUSLY IN LOVE WITH THIS BLUSH. SERIOUSLY. So ive been searching for a blush like this ever since i got into makeup(2-3 years ago). Before purchasing, i was hesitant because with all these reviews they say that this blush wouldnt show on people with my skin coloring, nc25(ceylan in nars sheer glow), but i tried it anyways. and THEY ARE WRONG. i packed this blush on thinking i needed alot to get it to show, and when i look in natural light it looked waaaay over applied. I tried again with a light application this time, and its BEAUTIFUL. with my yellow undertones, its hard for me to find a peach blush that wont make me look tan or burnt, because i like to embrace my pale-ness, haha. But finally i did! it doesnt pull extremely peach or pink, but its the perfect balance between the two, and when paired with mac vanilla pigment my face literally glows with radiance! im am a 10000% satisfied, and i will be wearing this everyday!!!

And to all the ladies nc25-35 that look this over just because its so light, try it on just incase. As long as you have yellow undertones, im sure you can pull it off.