Revlon Matte Suede Emerald City  (Uploaded by tasha56)

3.4

52%
would repurchase
4.0/5
package quality

price range

Reviews

Nov/26/2012

I paid £1 for this in Poundland and kind of feel like I've robbed Revlon, its not totally matte in my opinion so I added a matte top coat and it looks even better,the matte finish coupled with the shimmer gives the polish a velvety look, super fast drying time.
Im gonna head back to poundland and pick up the other matte suede shades they had in stock today.

1 of 1 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (45 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBlond

EyesOther

2.0

Jun/17/2012

This colour looks better in the bottle than it does on the fingernails. I can see someone with very long nails pulling it off but it just looks dull on mine. I guess I was hoping for something elegant like a matte black with a green shine to it, but instead it just always looks "half finished". It dries quickly enough.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

Apr/17/2012

I really like Emerald City. I love the dark green colour, with the hint of a sparkle. my friend got it for her birthday and it was love at first sight. i have looked out for it ever since and found it last week for $7 NZD which is a bargain, as it is $25 normally. I have to say I was one of the people who fell into the trap of not realising it was matte, but am not bothered, it was just a …Read more

1 of 1 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

EyesGray

Mar/27/2012

I love this color, only I dislike the matte portion of it. It is a beautiful color, dont get me wrong, I just think it looks too dull for me. I love adding a top coat, making it shine and sparkle. It dries quickly and lasts a few days.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairRed

EyesHazel

Feb/11/2012

I love this polish. What originally drew me to this polish was the name because The Wizard of Oz has been my favorite movie since I was 4 but it just so happened that I loved the color as well. I had never tried a matte suede polish before so I was unsure of what to expect. The polish applied very well on my nails and after applying two coats I applied a top coat making it look the way it looks …Read more

1 of 1 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (22 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

Feb/08/2012

This colour is gorgeous and the right shade of green for me. It goes on evenly but is a little bit more stubborn to remove. The polish works best with two coats and a top coat for gloss, otherwise, the polish can chip after a few days. If you want a good, shimmery shade of green nail polish, go for this one.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

Jan/25/2012

I love this nail polish colour, it has a tiny hint of silver shimmer in it and it is so versatile. Its matte suede finish looks really unique, and you don't need a base or top coat for this finish. You could however apply a top coat to give it a nice shine. It dries easily and quickly compared to the other Revlon nail polish, not sure why, but that's a good point. 2 ways to wear it …Read more

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBrown

Dec/16/2011

Emerald city is a matte dark green that contains some shimmers in it.but,it stays matte,so,if you put a top coat,it becomes shiny!last long with a top coat,nice color for xmas,you can put gold glitters,black crackled nail polish over it!love it!

About reviewer (1507 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Olive, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

3.0

Dec/04/2011

I bought this when it was on sale. I like the color in the bottle and also liked the name, I'll admit I didn't realize that this was a matte finish polish. I think based on the name "Emerald City", I was expecting something that really shined and sparkled. And I am willing to be that other people looked at the name and not the "matte suade" printed on the bottle. It …Read more

0 of 1 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (136 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

Oct/09/2011

This is a matte forest green wiht a little shimmer. It's nice and you can apply a top coat and make it glossy too. This is an easy matte to apply and drys really smooth and nicely.

2 of 2 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (299 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair