The Body Shop Tea Tree freshener

The Body Shop Tea Tree freshener

3.7

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 6/14/2012 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

This product is good overall does have some cons but it also has some pros
PROS:
works good
Nice packaging
Works well with balancing my oily skin
Cleared up my skin intially
CONS:
dried out my skin a little to much
Broke me out after a week
Intense smell but it dosent linger
have to skae vigorously to get the matteify stuff

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Gave it 2 stars because I bought the whole kit and the only thing that worked OKAY was the Tea Tree Oil Acne Oil stuff...I had to put that all over my face (it was suppose to be for spot treatment!) b/c the freshner and the facial wash dried out my face horribly and did nothing for my acne...I started getting acne outside of my normal T-zone break outs. Never again, Body Shop.

on 10/21/2010 8:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This toner was suposed to dry only the acne, but it ended up drying out my skin as any other toner had done before, and my acne stayed there as if nothing happened to it, even though I used it twice a day (morning and night).
I hate the smell of this product.
You do get a big amount of toner for the price you get. I think this is the only good thing I can say about this product.
I dont know if that was the new version of the product or the old one.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This was a great toner, it really helped with my dry skin and it was very refreshing. i would re purchase and it comes with alot of product.

on 4/13/2010 8:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hate this product!!!
Dried out my skin like crazy and did nothing for my acne.
It leaves the skin very refreshed at first, but doesn't hydrate the skin at all.
I found it very aggressive on my skin.
Even a very heavy moisturizer had trouble repairing my skin.

on 8/14/2011 2:16:00 AM

THIS toner is too harsh for young acne prone skin like me! it stings and Sometimes my face become red when i use this! anyways this toner has ALCOHOL,

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I think that we need to add a new set of reviews for the new formula. I have dry senstive acne prone skin and I used to use this toner occasionally as a treatment to help heal up my spots. Which it did. However, the new formula is so horrendous. Broke me out into a dry pimply mess, that people I know were asking me what happened to my skin.
Stay away from the new formula!

on 10/14/2009 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

This review is for the original version. I do NOT know why these companies try to "improve" products they are already wonderful. Why would I want a layer of cornstarch on my skin after I've washed it?? Anyway, the original is awesome for removing traces of makeup, dirt and oil. I especially love to use it when I need to touch up my makeup but dont have time to wash/start from scratch and don't want to just cake on more to my already oily skin. This freshens me up nicely. Again, the new formulation is a bust so I gotta find something else I'm almost out of my last bottle . . . :-(

Haven't tried the 'original formula' but I do love the mattifying one.
Pro's:
Mattifies well and and clears up blemishes if used daily.
Con's:
Nothing really it's my HG atm
Overall:
LOVE it, and will be purchasing again.

on 12/20/2009 3:43:00 PM

i really like it ... it's very refreshing ...
i changed my town in between and where i moved that place changed my skin texture , it became oily ... and i got loads of pimples...
but then i thought to buy this toner... and u wont belive it really helped .. now im bak in my town .. and i use it always .. when ever i wash my face i use it and then apply any cream ..
im very happy with it .. people who have oily skin must use it even people with normal skin can i guess...